The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 01-24-2011, 01:58 AM
Rookie

I am in Denver & everyone here is ready for him to go & tired of hearing about it. Looks like he may finish the season with the Nuggets then sign with the Knicks in the off season is the latest rumor?? today anyway
Old 02-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt2dahouse View Post
can't wait. hope this goes down. i might go to nets games again!
it did go down and you can go to all the nets games you want, to bad melo will be playing for the knicks! YEAH BABY GO NY GO NY GO! KNICK FEVER CATCH IT!

SK, 2011 TRIPLE CROWN WINNER!!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboy500 View Post
Nets didn't even sell out during there FINALS back to back run. NJ is not a good place for any sports team and its the lack of fans that is making these moves.
That's because they play in Meadowlands, which is only close for like 10% of NJ. If they were centrally located, kinda like the Devils they'd do better. Teams can succeed in Jersey, but when you put the team's location on the boarder of NY, and alienate the rest of the state, what's the point?
Old 02-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentkillah123 View Post
it did go down and you can go to all the nets games you want, to bad melo will be playing for the knicks! YEAH BABY GO NY GO NY GO! KNICK FEVER CATCH IT!
Yeah! Knick fever!!! Whos ready to be stuck as a 2nd round exit year in and out? K-N-I-C-K-S!

So while you overpay 2 stars and have no other talent as you have 0 cap space, the Nets will be putting a legit contender leading with one of the best if not the best pg. And we got him for much MUCH cheaper.

N-E-T-S.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Pro Bowler

Hope you're billionaire owner convinces Williams to sign an extension. Heard a report he refused to get on the plane to newark and threw a fit when told he was going to NJ sounds bad
Old 02-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboy500 View Post
Yeah! Knick fever!!! Whos ready to be stuck as a 2nd round exit year in and out? K-N-I-C-K-S!

So while you overpay 2 stars and have no other talent as you have 0 cap space, the Nets will be putting a legit contender leading with one of the best if not the best pg. And we got him for much MUCH cheaper.

N-E-T-S.
williams will high tail it out of there 1st chance he gets! REALLY? the nets are 2nd class now and FOREVER! besides we want CP3 anyways.

SK, 2011 TRIPLE CROWN WINNER!!

Last edited by silentkillah123; 02-24-2011 at 02:51 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:16 PM
Pro Bowler

Provided Williams resigns, that's a brilliant move. He'll get over it. The Nets are moving into NY, which is the Knicks market, and the Knicks are so much more attractive now, I see the Nets failing, big time. The big stars will be attracted to NY now, certainly not the Nets. Melo > Williams, though. Only thing that sucks, is for Staudamire. I think the MVP chants are going to stop.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Veteran

you think williams is just getting to know the area this year so he can rock with the knicks next year? .. i think the knicks will get williams or cpaul in the next year or 2
Old 03-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartSanchezScott06 View Post
you think williams is just getting to know the area this year so he can rock with the knicks next year? .. i think the knicks will get williams or cpaul in the next year or 2
Well, they can't get either in the next year, they can get them after next year.

The Knicks will end up with Chris Paul, but I honestly think the Nets will retain Deron Williams. He was so honest about how he felt in his press conference, for some reason, it made me think that he will end up staying. His contract will expire as they head into Brooklyn. Maybe he will want to play in Brooklyn and hopefully can recruit some other guys *cough cough* Dwight Howard *cough*. That being said, I can also see him bolting to the Knicks, at which point, the Nets might as well just fold.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:00 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndTheHomeOfTheJets View Post
Well, they can't get either in the next year, they can get them after next year.

The Knicks will end up with Chris Paul, but I honestly think the Nets will retain Deron Williams. He was so honest about how he felt in his press conference, for some reason, it made me think that he will end up staying. His contract will expire as they head into Brooklyn. Maybe he will want to play in Brooklyn and hopefully can recruit some other guys *cough cough* Dwight Howard *cough*. That being said, I can also see him bolting to the Knicks, at which point, the Nets might as well just fold.
with what cap space?

Knicks big 2 = 42 Million
Heat big 3 = 45 Million

+ with the new CBA you will have less cap space to work with + besides the "Big 2" you need 9 other players. Unless CP3 or D.Will Sign with the Knicks for vets minimum your not getting any superstars.

Which goes back to my point of Knicks being stuck a a 2nd round exit as best. While the Nets will sign superstars for much cheaper then the Knicks did and less liability. Aka Amare's knees that wont hold for the full contract.

Nets have a much brighter future. Also to note D.Will has a player option worth 17 mill he can choose to take for the Brooklyn Season and most likely will because after the new CBA he wont get a higher payed then that.

Last edited by Bboy500; 03-14-2011 at 07:03 PM.