The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Website Feedback / Archives / Jets BLACKOUT uniform game (not blackout in the TV sense)

Old 09-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Rookie

Default Jets BLACKOUT uniform game (not blackout in the TV sense)

For the past 4-5 years ive noticed more and more college blackout games (all black uniforms, with team color helmets). I went to college in Utah for a while and i went to the Blackout game last year, it was on Halloween against TCU and it was sold out well in advance...

Im not a huge fan of our titan throwbacks however our 80's-90's jets throwback are awesome...

But i really think the Jets should be the first game in the NFL to have a blackout game would be very amazing...and if anyone has been to a blackout game i have no doubt that you will agree

Last edited by JetFace; 09-29-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Veteran

What do you mean BLACKOUT?
Is it all Black with White letters and numbers? or TOTAL BLACKOUT?
Lucy esplain your self.

Old 09-29-2010, 04:11 PM
Rookie

alright let me explain it like this, i went to university of utah, normally our jerseys are red and white with red helmets, during that year for publicity (not sure...we did end the season undefeated) and to try to get more people to go to the game they decided to do a blackout game against TCU

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ack-magic.html

pic of blackout jerseys in that link, it was completely amazing the stadium was sold out weeks in advance, the fans players...the whole organization profited and loved the idea...and it just started making me wonder why the NFL has never tried anything like this

....there were also like 200 camped out students/fans around the stadium waiting for the ticket booth to open the day they opened up ticket sales

...it was insane on unprecedented scale

everything worked so well they decided to do another blackout game the next year which was vs. wyoming another sold out attendance this game too

firefightersinaction----its just called a blackout game because all fans are required to wear black to the game and players were decked out in their black uniforms

Last edited by JetFace; 09-29-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFace View Post
For the past 4-5 years ive noticed more and more college blackout games (all black uniforms, with team color helmets). I went to college in Utah for a while and i went to the Blackout game last year, it was on Halloween against TCU and it was sold out well in advance...

Im not a huge fan of our titan throwbacks however our 80's-90's jets throwback in awesome...

But i really think the Jets should be the first game in the NFL to have a blackout game would be very amazing...and if anyone has been to a blackout game i have no doubt that you will agree
I might be the first one on here to comment on this
suggestion and it wouldn't be pretty but you for the
first time on this board have me speechless.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Veteran

ok so we have a new stadium, with PSLs that are very expensive. Seats not selling out.

Anyone else see the title of this thread and crap their pants?!?!?!
Old 09-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFace View Post

Im not a huge fan of our titan throwbacks however our 80's-90's jets throwback in awesome...

I have a Dewayne Robertson black jersey. You can barely see the numbers but hey, we got a game on Halloween I wouldnt be against it. I also agree the 80s and 90s jerseys would be nice see for a game. Thats when I became a fan, and the Jets were mostly terrible at that time. It would remind me that times are changin'-gopefully!
Old 09-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Pro Bowler

You'd never be able to pull it off in an NFL Stadium. Heck about 10-20% are fans are from the other team. We can bearly get the 1/2 JET fans to wear a green jersey. At Rutgers, you can get a lot of Red, but in the NFL, I don't think it would work.

Section 129, Row 21 & Section 131 Row 27 (Jets) SOLD - Section 225A Row 7 (Giants) - SOLD

Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience
Old 09-29-2010, 04:35 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKilla7 View Post
ok so we have a new stadium, with PSLs that are very expensive. Seats not selling out.

That was really my first thought also!!!!

Section 129, Row 21 & Section 131 Row 27 (Jets) SOLD - Section 225A Row 7 (Giants) - SOLD

Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience
Old 09-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeknj View Post
You'd never be able to pull it off in an NFL Stadium. Heck about 10-20% are fans are from the other team. We can bearly get the 1/2 JET fans to wear a green jersey. At Rutgers, you can get a lot of Red, but in the NFL, I don't think it would work.
expensive but easy fix for that, make it shirt night so everyone receives a really inexpensive black t-shirt with maybe a simple jets logo on the front, or something on the back saying something like knockout in a blackout.

i have a big feeling too the parking lot vendors would make alot of money because this game would simply be super memorable from being the first NFL blackout game first blackout game for the Jets and i just have a feeling people would spend 10-15 bucks for a blackout shirt...i felt like really obligated to support utah for both their blackout games

and plus most people have a sweat shirt or black t or jacket in their wardrobe already
Old 09-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKilla7 View Post

I did too!