The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 01-21-2013, 11:39 PM
Veteran

Default all these talks about mingo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQBlTSymHsw

what is so special about this kid...he looks confused out there. I dont understand why everyone see's this dude as a first rounder.....is it me? or am I the only one who's lost..?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:52 PM
Super Bowl Champions
Help Me - I'm Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to gmf1369 Send a message via Yahoo to gmf1369

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSFAN217 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQBlTSymHsw

what is so special about this kid...he looks confused out there. I dont understand why everyone see's this dude as a first rounder.....is it me? or am I the only one who's lost..?
hype, nothing else... some feel this kid could be the next Vernon Gholston...

Personally I feel the Jets need to trade down stockpile some pix being we have a TOP 10 selection we could move back with ease and still get a quality all around rush linebacker like Alex Okafor from Texas...
Old 01-22-2013, 12:00 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmf1369 View Post
hype, nothing else... some feel this kid could be the next Vernon Gholston...

Personally I feel the Jets need to trade down stockpile some pix being we have a TOP 10 selection we could move back with ease and still get a quality all around rush linebacker like Alex Okafor from Texas...
couldnt agree more...trade down, preferably to a mid first rounder, and acquire a 3rd/4th with it (slight chance, but look for it) and take in as much as we can...we cant afford another bust. we have to take guys who show promise and professionalism.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:48 AM
Hall Of Famer
Help Me - I'm Addicted

I also hope they trade down. I have no idea if Mingo will be good in the NFL or not, but the Jets can't afford to take a chance and fail. The roster needs so much help anyway that a single 9th overall pick won't be as beneficial as a late 1st and some extra 2nds or 3rds.
your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our
countrymen. --Samuel Adams
Old 01-22-2013, 08:29 AM
Hall Of Famer
Help Me - I'm Addicted

Of course, I agree as well, WE NEED TO TRADE DOWN!

But if you don't see why people think Mingo could be an NFL stud, YOU ARE BLIND. He is EXPLOSIVE off the line, he has great size and speed, and shows good strength. He could be the next Von Miller or the next Vernon Gholston. I'm not in love with the guy but I think his potential is pretty obvious.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:38 AM
Pro Bowler

First draft for the new guy. Important for him to make a nice impression.
I'm thinking we need at least two starters out of this draft and would be great if it was three.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:53 AM
Super Bowl Champions
Help Me - I'm Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppep View Post
Of course, I agree as well, WE NEED TO TRADE DOWN!

But if you don't see why people think Mingo could be an NFL stud, YOU ARE BLIND. He is EXPLOSIVE off the line, he has great size and speed, and shows good strength. He could be the next Von Miller or the next Vernon Gholston. I'm not in love with the guy but I think his potential is pretty obvious.
You can trade down but always look up......just not when walking the dog

My Sports Teams Baseball Cardinals Football Jets & Cardinals Hockey Bruins & Blues Basketball Celtics
Old 01-22-2013, 08:58 AM
sgreene23

If we trade down we need to move around 8 picks back, and with that we could probably nab a second rounder from a team who needs to till an extra need. I could see a team like Pittsburgh biting the bullet and coughing up their first and second for our first if Manti Teo is still on the board at the 9th pick, another second rounder would be very beneficiary for this team.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:35 AM
Veteran

Has Manti Te'o found a new imaginary girlfriend in Pittsburgh? That cracks me up, how can the team captain of the Notre Dame defense need an IMAGINARY girlfriend? Now for most of us guys on this forum it's different....
Old 01-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Hall Of Famer
Help Me - I'm Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgreene23 View Post
If we trade down we need to move around 8 picks back, and with that we could probably nab a second rounder from a team who needs to till an extra need. I could see a team like Pittsburgh biting the bullet and coughing up their first and second for our first if Manti Teo is still on the board at the 9th pick, another second rounder would be very beneficiary for this team.
That would be great but I don't think we'll get such a sweet deal.

If we swap picks with a team 8-10 spots back I think best we can hope for is a 3rd and 5th rd picks, which I would be fine with.

Maybe we can use that to move up from the third- giving us a 1st, two 2nd rd picks, and a 3rd but no 4th or 5th...or something like that.

As long as we get a talented O-lineman, an every-down RB to complement Powell (assuming Greene walks) and a balanced OLB I will be happy. Very doable IMO.

We don't necessarily need to take a WR early, we don't necessarily need to take a QB early (next year). Or Safety, TE, and NT...although if we lose Keller, Pouha (trade) and Landry these may all end up being positions of need. We can get depth at those positions in FA or later in the draft.

Lets say we have a late 1st, Two 2nd rd picks and a 3rd. No 4th or 5th- best case scenario- IMO.

Mid to late 1st: OG-Warmack or OG/C-Barret Jones
Early 2nd: RB- G.Bernard (or best available RB)
Jets 2nd: OLB- Alex Okafor

We would still have a 3rd rd. pick to take best available player, like a NT or WR or OT...or a QB if there was someone we liked as a developmental guy like T.Bray.