The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors




Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Gameday Forum / Official Gameday thread: Jets vs. Eagles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-18-2011, 12:37 AM
johnjet's Avatar
johnjet johnjet is offline
Hall Of Famer
Help Me - I'm Addicted
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: somers point, nj
Posts: 3,926
Default Official Gameday thread: Jets vs. Eagles

I thought this would have been posted to talk about the match up. One thing that comes to mind is we have never won a game In Philly. Dont know if its true, but someone told be the Jets have never beaten the Eagles Period. Any one know for sure?

Cant wait for the game, but a few NFL commentators seem to be picking the Eagles this game. Should I doubt weather we will win? They call it a mismatch for the Jets. I want this game almost as bad as I want to beat the Pats. Lets go Jets!
__________________
Play like a Jet!
Coming soon for our patient fans. The Jets in their 2nd superbowl!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-18-2011, 04:27 AM
wsoul1's Avatar
wsoul1 wsoul1 is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 161
Default

10/14/2007 Philadelphia Eagles 16, New York Jets 9
10/26/2003 Philadelphia Eagles 24, New York Jets 17
12/14/1996 Philadelphia Eagles 21, New York Jets 20
10/03/1993 Philadelphia Eagles 35, New York Jets 30
12/20/1987 Philadelphia Eagles 38, New York Jets 27
11/12/1978 Philadelphia Eagles 17, New York Jets 9
12/18/1977 Philadelphia Eagles 27, New York Jets 0
12/09/1973 Philadelphia Eagles 24, New York Jets 23

Not sure about H/A... Other notables:
1-7 vs. Baltimore
2-9 vs. San Francisco
2-8 vs. Washington (including last weeks win)
3-9 vs. St. Louis
3-7 vs. Dallas

So we beat two teams already this year we have had very poor records against in the past. Lets continue that trend today!

Go Jets!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-18-2011, 06:48 AM
SuperbowlWin SuperbowlWin is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Levittown, PA...lived in Elmont NY
Posts: 2,336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjet View Post
I thought this would have been posted to talk about the match up. One thing that comes to mind is we have never won a game In Philly. Dont know if its true, but someone told be the Jets have never beaten the Eagles Period. Any one know for sure?

Cant wait for the game, but a few NFL commentators seem to be picking the Eagles this game. Should I doubt weather we will win? They call it a mismatch for the Jets. I want this game almost as bad as I want to beat the Pats. Lets go Jets!
Being in the Philly area and reading wsoul1 post...no we haven't one a game in Philly and before last season we've not won a single game in Pennsylvania.
__________________
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. ~ Mohandas K. Gandhi

If a man aspires towards a righteous life, his first act of abstinence is from injury to animals. ~ Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-18-2011, 08:29 AM
johnjet's Avatar
johnjet johnjet is offline
Hall Of Famer
Help Me - I'm Addicted
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: somers point, nj
Posts: 3,926
Default

So its comfirmed, we will break two records today.
__________________
Play like a Jet!
Coming soon for our patient fans. The Jets in their 2nd superbowl!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-18-2011, 09:40 AM
redexplr's Avatar
redexplr redexplr is offline
Hall Of Famer
Help Me - I'm Addicted
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, CT
Posts: 2,766
Default

I look it it this way, we are working our way thru the NFC East one team at a time! Our O line will give Sanchize enough time to be a hero today! Look for LT Screens, more G&P and a few Wildcats with a twist as I think today's the day they throw the ball with in a flea flicker formation
__________________

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." General George Patton Jr
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Innocenti Innocenti is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 1,580
Default

I was going to wait until after the game to post this. But it's already being encroached upon so why wait?

If we win today, we will have won 3 games against the Eagles, Redskins, and Cowboys this season. And that would match our total # of wins against those teams for the previous 50 years.
__________________


Amitabh!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Innocenti Innocenti is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 1,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsoul1 View Post
...
10/26/2003 Philadelphia Eagles 24, New York Jets 17
...
Late in that game, there was a play that looked we may have gotten a first down but the ref spotted the ball short. Herm didn't challenge the play but chose to call a timeout instead.

What an idiot!
__________________


Amitabh!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-18-2011, 10:47 AM
johnjet's Avatar
johnjet johnjet is offline
Hall Of Famer
Help Me - I'm Addicted
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: somers point, nj
Posts: 3,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redexplr View Post
I look it it this way, we are working our way thru the NFC East one team at a time! Our O line will give Sanchize enough time to be a hero today! Look for LT Screens, more G&P and a few Wildcats with a twist as I think today's the day they throw the ball with in a flea flicker formation
Im thinking a lot of quick over the middle passes to any of our recievers or SG/LT. Big question to me is can our D stop the run and vick. I think we will be OK.
__________________
Play like a Jet!
Coming soon for our patient fans. The Jets in their 2nd superbowl!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-18-2011, 10:51 AM
Innocenti Innocenti is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 1,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjet View Post
Im thinking a lot of quick over the middle passes to any of our recievers or SG/LT. Big question to me is can our D stop the run and vick. I think we will be OK.
Vick will run probably himself out. If this game is close at halftime then I think we win.
__________________


Amitabh!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-18-2011, 11:04 AM
johnjet's Avatar
johnjet johnjet is offline
Hall Of Famer
Help Me - I'm Addicted
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: somers point, nj
Posts: 3,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsoul1 View Post
10/14/2007 Philadelphia Eagles 16, New York Jets 9
10/26/2003 Philadelphia Eagles 24, New York Jets 17
12/14/1996 Philadelphia Eagles 21, New York Jets 20
10/03/1993 Philadelphia Eagles 35, New York Jets 30
12/20/1987 Philadelphia Eagles 38, New York Jets 27
11/12/1978 Philadelphia Eagles 17, New York Jets 9
12/18/1977 Philadelphia Eagles 27, New York Jets 0
12/09/1973 Philadelphia Eagles 24, New York Jets 23

Not sure about H/A... Other notables:
1-7 vs. Baltimore
2-9 vs. San Francisco
2-8 vs. Washington (including last weeks win)
3-9 vs. St. Louis
3-7 vs. Dallas

So we beat two teams already this year we have had very poor records against in the past. Lets continue that trend today!

Go Jets!!!
Is there any other team in the NFL we have not beaten before?
__________________
Play like a Jet!
Coming soon for our patient fans. The Jets in their 2nd superbowl!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:24 AM. Custom vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Copyright © 2008 New York Jet LLC