The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / Targeting cousins in 2018 or settling for prospects from 2018 qb class

Old 07-26-2017, 08:12 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
He had a very rough Spring, threw alot of picks and has been working with a QB coach to completely changed his throwing motion and footwork which had already dropped him to second or third on most big boards for next year's draft. If he doesn't regain the top spot, he will likely stay in school another year. Watching his game film, he is way over hyped and would be a project QB, far from a day one starter as earlier reported.He could refuse to play for whoever drafts him but how many times has that happened? Once with Eli and it only worked out for him because the Charges we're willing to trade for Rivers. Payton stayed in school , not to avoid the Jets as you will read on here but because Parcels wouldn't commit to taking him once we secured the first pick. He wanted to play here.
I'm liking the thought of signing Cousins more and more if he becomes available in Free Agency. We can then trade that top pick for multiple picks this year and probably add some next year as well. (The Browns are doing it right). There are some players coming out next year that I love and think would benefit the team. CB McFadden , Derwin James who while a luxury with Adams and Maye is head and shoulders above them and would give Bowles his Buchanan like player, Barkley,Arden Key. There are so many scenarios that having a top pick, and Cousins open up.
It will be interesting to watch how things unfold going forward. I bet we look back at most of what we're thinking now and laugh as the year progress's.
According to NFL.com drafties have refused to play or maneuvered not to play for the drafting team only 5 times, It doesn't normally work out well for the player. I have to agree that there are too many possible scenarios to try to guess what might be. I'm hoping that you are right about us being able to look back and laugh. I think I'd probably be happy if I even had reason to smile.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:38 PM
Second String

Want a good laugh, look back at the early mocks for the 2013 and 2016 drafts. Consensus #1 picks we're Geno Smith and Christen Hackenberg. Can't put much stock in the early mocks, the "experts" are rarely correct.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:32 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Want a good laugh, look back at the early mocks for the 2013 and 2016 drafts. Consensus #1 picks we're Geno Smith and Christen Hackenberg. Can't put much stock in the early mocks, the "experts" are rarely correct.
OH.................so true.