Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 06-21-2017, 10:28 AM
Practice Squad

Default David Harris to New England

Just effin great
Old 06-21-2017, 01:04 PM
Third String

Cant even get mad at the guy for wanting to get a ring (im not 1 of these fans who hates the pats...i much dislike the dolphins more then pats personally speaking)...i wish good health to the guy at the end of the day.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:43 AM
Third String

Cant Blame him at all.. going from bottom to top with one signature. He was a great player for us and I really didn't like the way/style the team parted with him. He deserved better and now hes stickin it to the Jets while makin a pretty penny and likely to get a ring

much luck to him, less luck to the pats.. cheers
Old 06-22-2017, 12:44 PM
Third String

I am really surprised NE signed him... possibly just for insurance- He can't cover anyone out of the backfield anymore- very slow... always a step behind the pass plays...
Sad to see him go- will sting quite a bit if he gets a ring with them though.. good grief.
It's hard to let guys go while worrying about where they end up. If he doesn't cut the mustard, then let him go. I overall, think it was wise to move on from a contract with him.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:57 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by csantilli View Post
I am really surprised NE signed him... possibly just for insurance- He can't cover anyone out of the backfield anymore- very slow... always a step behind the pass plays...
Sad to see him go- will sting quite a bit if he gets a ring with them though.. good grief.
It's hard to let guys go while worrying about where they end up. If he doesn't cut the mustard, then let him go. I overall, think it was wise to move on from a contract with him.
The Pat's signing him makes sense. They are thin at LB , he will be a help against the run and he only has $1.25 million
guaranteed and that is associated with a second-year option. The Patriots have nothing to lose. If he doesn't pan out, the cut him with no cap hit. If he works out, he gets $2.5 million which is nothing by league standards.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:03 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartSanchezScott06 View Post
Cant Blame him at all.. going from bottom to top with one signature. He was a great player for us and I really didn't like the way/style the team parted with him. He deserved better and now hes stickin it to the Jets while makin a pretty penny and likely to get a ring

much luck to him, less luck to the pats.. cheers
How is he sticking it to the Jets? And how would you like the Jets to release him? Throw a parade for him. He was offered more for one year then he will make in NE for 2 years and he turned it down.
Can't blame him, he is at the end of his career ,has a chance to get a ring. He chose to leave , the team had an offer on the table for him.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:24 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
How is he sticking it to the Jets? And how would you like the Jets to release him? Throw a parade for him. He was offered more for one year then he will make in NE for 2 years and he turned it down.
Can't blame him, he is at the end of his career ,has a chance to get a ring. He chose to leave , the team had an offer on the table for him.
That's true he is closer probably to the end rather than the beginning and it's always about either the money or the ring and I'm sensing because he turned down more money then he will get there that he is more interested in the ring.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:51 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
....and the Jets aren't a contender in the foreseeable future anyway. As a Patriot he can help us out-Brown the Browns and get that top draft slot.
Old 06-25-2017, 01:27 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by beresford View Post
....and the Jets aren't a contender in the foreseeable future anyway. As a Patriot he can help us out-Brown the Browns and get that top draft slot.
Bowles will pull a Mangini and coach the game vs the Browns like it's the Superbowl, same as Mangini did vs the Chiefs to knock us out of the #3 pick.
Sadly, the Browns have a much better roster then the Jets and are a couple years ahead in the rebuilding process. I think we will have a better shot at the first or second pick then the Browns. It's likely going to be between us and the 49's.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:32 AM

I have alot of time for Harris, a classy jet from start to finish, so he saw the writing on the wall, with all the releases to signup with probably one of the best rosters in the league in his final years. He has never done us no wrong and deserves all of our respect, I mean cmon if we cant even like our best and I mean the best over a decade, well then lets do what my ancestors used to do as Maori and start eating each other, lol. the last parts a joke, but in the toppsy turvvy way of the nfl, I denide nothing to one of our greatest players and I put Mangold along side of him.