The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / -team set to part ways with eric decker this week (release or trade)

Old 06-06-2017, 06:17 PM
Third String

Default -team set to part ways with eric decker this week (release or trade)

Just breaking that gang is getting rid of deck either threw trade or releqse..& so the clean up continues.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:46 PM
Second String

Really surprised. Thought Decker would stick but full on rebuild.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:11 PM
Should Be Banned :)
Expert or Post Too Much - You Decide :)

None of it surprises me right now tbh. There's a wrecking ball at Florham Park.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:30 PM
Starters

Full blown tank mode. Hope we'll finally land ourselves a true franchise qb in next years draft. Next off season will be quite interesting.

SK, 2011 & 2014 forum fantasy football CHAMPION!!

82-56
WK 1==6-9~~~WK 5=10-4~~~ WK 9==7-5~~~ WK13
WK 2==6-9~~~WK 6==7-6~~~ WK10=4-10~~~ WK14
WK 3=11-4~~~WK 7=10-3~~~~ WK11~~~~~~ WK15
WK 4=11-3~~~WK 8=10-3~~~~ WK12~~~~~~ WK16
Old 06-07-2017, 12:50 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Titan View Post
None of it surprises me right now tbh. There's a wrecking ball at Florham Park.
I get the youth movement, full on rebuild and reports are that Decker passed his physical on his hip and shoulder today so the team could now release him.
The head scratcher is that the team tried to lure Steve Smith out of retirement earlier in the off-season. I'm guessing the young Recievers must be showing promise.
It's good to see you back posting!!!
Old 06-07-2017, 01:27 AM
Third String

I dont get the whole trying to lure steve smith out of retirement,hes old & in pieces .better off keeping decker & just paying him what hes owed..since team is going "rebuild" that means its no excuses of starting mccown ..put hackenberg in number 1 starter followed by petty & josh can be the 3rd string(if they feel christian aint ready week 1 or 2 then put petty in )...dont even know why we still have forte also since its rebuilding with youth
Old 06-07-2017, 03:03 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfanQ View Post
I dont get the whole trying to lure steve smith out of retirement,hes old & in pieces .better off keeping decker & just paying him what hes owed..since team is going "rebuild" that means its no excuses of starting mccown ..put hackenberg in number 1 starter followed by petty & josh can be the 3rd string(if they feel christian aint ready week 1 or 2 then put petty in )...dont even know why we still have forte also since its rebuilding with youth
It would actually cost us more money to cut Forte then to keep him. There's not much depth at RB. Fortes probably safer for the season.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:32 AM
Third String

with all these veterans being cut.. I swear if Mccown plays even one down this season I will FLIP OUT!!!... you cant cut every veteran player to get a youth movement to play a 68 year old QB. I see Mccown as the highest paid QB coach and mentor, that is all. He is there to help groom our young QBs and to be another voice in the QB room.

Aside from that.. I don't like how our team handles their veterans. David Harris has been a rock for us for 10 years. You don't cut him on June 6th. That's just scummy in my opinion. He deserved better than that.

As for Decker, I don't agree with this move. I know hes coming off two surgeries but that group of WRs needs a leader and he was it. Some reports have said he was looking better than his previous two seasons with these surgeries helping his mobility. I think he would have been solid for us another year and a much needed target for a young QB.

I honestly think Woody needs to sell the team. We have been stuck in the mud for how many years now. He should focus on his ambassadorship and sell the team to someone or a group who will be focused on changing this culture and WINNING . end of rant . thanks
Old 06-07-2017, 01:33 PM
Starters

With harris and decker did they atleast try to find trade partners? Got to believe they still have some value besides cutting them to save cash. Either way this is a good thing for the organization to revamp the team with youngsters in hope of a turn around in fortune and maybe in 2 or 3 years we can become legit contenders for many years to come. Just can't see bowles leading this team there though.

SK, 2011 & 2014 forum fantasy football CHAMPION!!

82-56
WK 1==6-9~~~WK 5=10-4~~~ WK 9==7-5~~~ WK13
WK 2==6-9~~~WK 6==7-6~~~ WK10=4-10~~~ WK14
WK 3=11-4~~~WK 7=10-3~~~~ WK11~~~~~~ WK15
WK 4=11-3~~~WK 8=10-3~~~~ WK12~~~~~~ WK16
Old 06-07-2017, 03:28 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentkillah123 View Post
Full blown tank mode. Hope we'll finally land ourselves a true franchise qb in next years draft. Next off season will be quite interesting.
Trouble is, if you were a top QB prospect and a team with a weak offensive line and no standout skill players on offense had the number 1 pick, wouldn't you stay in college and get your degree? We may need to spend that top pick on an LT if Beachum doesn't pan out.