The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 06-01-2017, 11:37 AM
Second String

Default Pryor traded for Davis

APPARENTLY we've done this so we can cut Davis with no cap consequences, whereas if we cut Pryor we're on the hook for his salary.

Bit of bad luck for Davis, being let go twice by a team like the Jets.

I suppose he could even go back to Cleveland and resume his contract with no guaranteed money there.

Exciting days for Jet fans.....
Old 06-01-2017, 03:13 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by beresford View Post
APPARENTLY we've done this so we can cut Davis with no cap consequences, whereas if we cut Pryor we're on the hook for his salary.

Bit of bad luck for Davis, being let go twice by a team like the Jets.

I suppose he could even go back to Cleveland and resume his contract with no guaranteed money there.

Exciting days for Jet fans.....
Well, there is some merit to what you say in regards to being able to get free of Pryor without suffering a hit to the salary cap. I suspected that with the addition of our new talent he might not make the starting roster. He didn't really quite live up to expectations even though I think he has talent. Davis is also a talented player and on the border line of being young, 28 years old, but if he had been a stellar player we probably wouldn't have let him go in the first place. It will be interesting to see how this works out.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Second String

So we essentially spent a 1st and 3rd round pick for Davis. Lol
I think he will be given a chance to compete and make the roster. If he does stick , great. If not, there's no cap hit.
Would have preferred a draft pick for Pryor but no one was willing to part with one for him.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:39 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
So we essentially spent a 1st and 3rd round pick for Davis. Lol
I think he will be given a chance to compete and make the roster. If he does stick , great. If not, there's no cap hit.
Would have preferred a draft pick for Pryor but no one was willing to part with one for him.
Sounds reasonable. It would appear that the other teams noticed that his play was falling off. He might flourish with the Browns though I doubt it just as I have reservations about Davis amounting to much here. Davis' stats for the Browns last season were almost identical to the stats he had with us the previous year. So.....unless he's so happy to be back with the Jets that he plays out of his gourd I don't expect much from him.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:06 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
Sounds reasonable. It would appear that the other teams noticed that his play was falling off. He might flourish with the Browns though I doubt it just as I have reservations about Davis amounting to much here. Davis' stats for the Browns last season were almost identical to the stats he had with us the previous year. So.....unless he's so happy to be back with the Jets that he plays out of his gourd I don't expect much from him.
I agree. Pryor may do well with a change of coaching and scenery. I think the trade of Pryor was maybe more about attitude than production. Davis is a better locker room fit for the young team, and as far as his stats, he would have been one of the top performers on last year's Jets team. Hopefully this year's team plays much better and Davis finds a comfortable seat on the bench. if he sticks, I think it will be as a special teams guy/backup