NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 01-25-2016, 05:41 PM
Should Be Banned :)
Expert or Post Too Much - You Decide :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
So from your response I gather you can't or refuse to explain the X's and O's to my question. This is a football forum after all, isn't it? Is my question to difficult to answer?

So if I had attempted to explain the X's and O's on why the Broncos were able to get to Brady I would be called Captain Obvious and condescending?

So please answer the obvious question or otherwise you might have to admit I might know something more about football than you? And if this is the case, maybe you should appreciate my insights instead of criticizing them and my spelling? So here is your chance again to show me your football knowledge, go for it!
Don't confuse my delight with infatuation. Just because I'm delighted the Patriots lost doesn't mean I watched the game. I saw maybe the last 15 minutes and I was in and out during that time doing yard work. Let's just assume you are a sports genius, as it fits your condescending nature, and just live with the fact that I cant provide feedback on a game I didn't really watch.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Titan View Post
Don't confuse my delight with infatuation. Just because I'm delighted the Patriots lost doesn't mean I watched the game. I saw maybe the last 15 minutes and I was in and out during that time doing yard work. Let's just assume you are a sports genius, as it fits your condescending nature, and just live with the fact that I cant provide feedback on a game I didn't really watch.
you could have....and should have just bs'd your way through it
Old 01-25-2016, 08:39 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstream1066 View Post
how did the refs and the nfl screw the pats?
You mean how did the Cheatriots get cheated?
Old 01-26-2016, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
You mean how did the Cheatriots get cheated?
Funny.....Patriot calls me out for not answering a question....this is another of several comments / questions of mine he hasn't acknowledged.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:09 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstream1066 View Post
Funny.....Patriot calls me out for not answering a question....this is another of several comments / questions of mine he hasn't acknowledged.
Unfortunately he didn't say that the refs cheated the Pats. His list was of six things that DIDN'T explain why they lost. I didn't see any really bad calls other than the one where 'defenseless' Edelman had caught the ball and lowered his head, and that was only a small half-the-distance anyway.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:31 PM
Second String

Quote:
No, that is not what there is to say. There is a reason why the Broncos were able to do this. Being a Jet fan this is something you would want to know because wouldn't you want your defense to do this someday to the Pats? Again it doesn't take much thought to just say the defense is pretty good. What can be learned from this game? Again I am asking for the X's and O's explanation, some people in this forum think it is obvious, so hence my question.
Does it matter if anyone here knows the answer? Are we supposed to call the Jets and tell them ,"hey guys, here's what you need to do to beat the cheatahs" I'm hoping management can figure that out on its own.

I for one, never got to play team football. Not for lack of want but because I went to a small school that had no team. The best I could come up with was a 3 on 3 game with some buddies where 2 guys would run out and try to get open while the other would throw them the ball. I also never played Madden. So I'm never going to claim I have anymore football knowledge then the next guy. Even though I have watched every week for 40 some years I still won't claim to know much more then the black and white of things. That's just how I watch.
Brady gets hit regularly. he loses.

It's only happened a couple times a year for the past 15 years and the one common denominator in a cheater loss is that the other team gets to brady.

Really it's the same for any qb, it's just that most guys get hit a lot more then brady

Just because I don't know the game like someone who played it doesn't mean I can't have fun here. I come here to share the pain of watching Jets football with others who share my pain and hopefully to make them laugh once in a while. It doesn't matter how much you know or how good you are at something anyway because no matter what there is always someone who is better or knows more. When you strive to be the best you learn that pretty quick

I prefer to look at the black and white of things or even the psychology of it all , or just the math.

-the cheatahs win a lot of big games by last second drives therefore just by chance they were over due to lose one
-The Jets beat the cheatahs this year. Before that we had lost like 9 out of 11 to them. At some point you are just going to win a game

Why have the cheaters dominated the NFL for the past 15 years? They may not win the superbowl every year but they are in the final 4 almost every year.
Do they have better players at every position? Or even most positions? I don't really think so. Is belichick so much smarter then everyone else that nobody in the NFL can even come close to him for 15 years? I can't imagine that either. If you have made it to the NFL as a coach or a player then you are 90% of the time at the top of what you do. Everyone is not even but they should be at least close. belichick beats everyone. he rarely beat Mike Shanahan. He rarely beat Denver now in general. So what do the cheatos do that gets them 12-16 wins every year while no other team is even close?

I wish I knew.

I'll offer this. It won't be a technical football answer but it's what I got.
For one, they beat all the bad teams. You can count on 1 hand how many times in 15 years they have lost to a lessor team. Once that's done, all they have left is 4-6 games against decent teams each year. They split with them and that's 13 or 14 wins.

Still how come they can beat the bad teams every time and no one else can? It seems simple but it's not. If it were, then the Jets would be in the playoffs right now. Now granted, they are in the AFC East so they typically play less good teams then other teams like the Broncos or Chiefs... but that's not the only reason

Here's where I give belichick credit. He can get his team to play every minute of every game like they hate the other team more then the other team should hate them. The play with reckless abandon. Remember our first game against them this year? They hit Ivory on the first play of the game with have their defense. That pretty much set the tone (and ruined Ivory for half the season) And they don't stop until the game is over. When they're up 30 they still play like they hate you. That is hard to do. Human nature makes you let up when you are far in the lead. I know if I'm kicking someone's butt at something I will let up after a while. They never do that

The other thing that they have going for them is that they expect to win every game and I believe most teams that play them expect to lose. Why do I say that? There are plenty of times when they are in a close game and the other team will just do something stupid. Coaches are so caught up in beating them that they try things they normally wouldn't do. I don't remember the play but the Colts game this year was a perfect example.

How did they get this edge? Looking back 15 years at there first superbowl. Nobody thought they would win. Heck if it weren't for the tuck rule they wouldn't have even been in the superbowl. The next year, they still weren't expected to win. Belichck used this to get them to play as if they were being disrespected and he kept it up. They kept winning. Everyone thought they would win now and they did. It became like I always joke here. They are going to win every game they play.
cheaters believed it and other teams believed it and it just kept growing and growing. belichick can plug in any player and they just keep winning... hes a genius...

Come on! This is the NFL! It is filled with good players and enough good teams to beat those darn cheaters regularly but they are just psyched out when they play them. The only other team in sports that I can compare this to is the UConn womens basketball team. Do you think any team expects to beat them when they play them? They are a little different in that they can recruit the best players every year. But then again so can the cheatahs.

Hey Revis we know you hate us but come play with us and get a superbowl ring... and by the way we're not gonna pay you much but you will get the ring. How many players did they lure in like that over the years? it didn't always work for them like with Randy Moss but he sure scored 1000 td's while he was there and it sure was a good way to get the top free agents for less money.

and the more they won , they just kept riding the wave

it didn't hurt that brady happened to come in just as the oline had become the best in football either, but as we saw this past weekend , brady can't win them all by himself even if he has an unstoppable ogre for a tight end

That's my unsatisfiable answer with no football x's and o's.

I'm just hoping that we have finally seen the end of their oline dominance. I don't want to beat them after belichick and brady are gone. I want to beat them while their here.

hey patriot , then maybe you can switch so the Jets are your favorite team and the cheatos are your second favorite
Old 01-26-2016, 02:43 PM
Second String

I wrote so much before I lost track and forgot the most obvious answer.

During the time the Cheatahs were building their winning ways what was going on? They were collecting and elaborate set of records of the other teams signals and defensive plays. Hours and hours of video tapes. Going through other teams garbage in their hotel rooms looking for anything that would give them an edge. dressing he film guys up in NFL jackets so they wouldn't be bothered. Are you kidding me?
When you have a coach that will expend this much time and energy to get a competitive edge at any cost, you are going to benefit from it. you're also going to lose a draft pick here and there

Some people say, big deal, everyone tapes signals? Really? Then how come they never get caught?
Others say who cares, that can't help you win in actual game time. Really? Then why would a "GENIUS" spend so much time and effort doing it?

You take a good solid team and sprinkle in a little extra help and you get a real good team.

and for anyone who says they didn't do this stuff. When the deflategate stuff was going on I was watching one of the sports talk shows and Teddy Bruschi was on. He was going on about how brady would never cheat... blah blah blah. He is then asked "what about the other time when you guys were caught with the illegal video taping ?"
Bruschi anyswers like it was nothing, "yeah we did that and we got in trouble for it that's old news"

so if Bruschi admits the cheating like it was nothing, I'm gonna believe him. Funny thing is he says brady didn't cheat but wasn't brady the one benefiting from the guy sending in the other teams defensive plays to him in his helmit?
Old 01-26-2016, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beresford View Post
Unfortunately he didn't say that the refs cheated the Pats. His list was of six things that DIDN'T explain why they lost. I didn't see any really bad calls other than the one where 'defenseless' Edelman had caught the ball and lowered his head, and that was only a small half-the-distance anyway.
You are correct....I skimmed over his nonsense and missed that fine detail....oh well.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:39 AM
Can't Spell "Geno" | Mr Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
Does it matter if anyone here knows the answer? Are we supposed to call the Jets and tell them ,"hey guys, here's what you need to do to beat the cheatahs" I'm hoping management can figure that out on its own.

I for one, never got to play team football. Not for lack of want but because I went to a small school that had no team. The best I could come up with was a 3 on 3 game with some buddies where 2 guys would run out and try to get open while the other would throw them the ball. I also never played Madden. So I'm never going to claim I have anymore football knowledge then the next guy. Even though I have watched every week for 40 some years I still won't claim to know much more then the black and white of things. That's just how I watch.
Brady gets hit regularly. he loses.

It's only happened a couple times a year for the past 15 years and the one common denominator in a cheater loss is that the other team gets to brady.

Really it's the same for any qb, it's just that most guys get hit a lot more then brady

Just because I don't know the game like someone who played it doesn't mean I can't have fun here. I come here to share the pain of watching Jets football with others who share my pain and hopefully to make them laugh once in a while. It doesn't matter how much you know or how good you are at something anyway because no matter what there is always someone who is better or knows more. When you strive to be the best you learn that pretty quick

I prefer to look at the black and white of things or even the psychology of it all , or just the math.

-the cheatahs win a lot of big games by last second drives therefore just by chance they were over due to lose one
-The Jets beat the cheatahs this year. Before that we had lost like 9 out of 11 to them. At some point you are just going to win a game

Why have the cheaters dominated the NFL for the past 15 years? They may not win the superbowl every year but they are in the final 4 almost every year.
Do they have better players at every position? Or even most positions? I don't really think so. Is belichick so much smarter then everyone else that nobody in the NFL can even come close to him for 15 years? I can't imagine that either. If you have made it to the NFL as a coach or a player then you are 90% of the time at the top of what you do. Everyone is not even but they should be at least close. belichick beats everyone. he rarely beat Mike Shanahan. He rarely beat Denver now in general. So what do the cheatos do that gets them 12-16 wins every year while no other team is even close?

I wish I knew.

I'll offer this. It won't be a technical football answer but it's what I got.
For one, they beat all the bad teams. You can count on 1 hand how many times in 15 years they have lost to a lessor team. Once that's done, all they have left is 4-6 games against decent teams each year. They split with them and that's 13 or 14 wins.

Still how come they can beat the bad teams every time and no one else can? It seems simple but it's not. If it were, then the Jets would be in the playoffs right now. Now granted, they are in the AFC East so they typically play less good teams then other teams like the Broncos or Chiefs... but that's not the only reason

Here's where I give belichick credit. He can get his team to play every minute of every game like they hate the other team more then the other team should hate them. The play with reckless abandon. Remember our first game against them this year? They hit Ivory on the first play of the game with have their defense. That pretty much set the tone (and ruined Ivory for half the season) And they don't stop until the game is over. When they're up 30 they still play like they hate you. That is hard to do. Human nature makes you let up when you are far in the lead. I know if I'm kicking someone's butt at something I will let up after a while. They never do that

The other thing that they have going for them is that they expect to win every game and I believe most teams that play them expect to lose. Why do I say that? There are plenty of times when they are in a close game and the other team will just do something stupid. Coaches are so caught up in beating them that they try things they normally wouldn't do. I don't remember the play but the Colts game this year was a perfect example.

How did they get this edge? Looking back 15 years at there first superbowl. Nobody thought they would win. Heck if it weren't for the tuck rule they wouldn't have even been in the superbowl. The next year, they still weren't expected to win. Belichck used this to get them to play as if they were being disrespected and he kept it up. They kept winning. Everyone thought they would win now and they did. It became like I always joke here. They are going to win every game they play.
cheaters believed it and other teams believed it and it just kept growing and growing. belichick can plug in any player and they just keep winning... hes a genius...

Come on! This is the NFL! It is filled with good players and enough good teams to beat those darn cheaters regularly but they are just psyched out when they play them. The only other team in sports that I can compare this to is the UConn womens basketball team. Do you think any team expects to beat them when they play them? They are a little different in that they can recruit the best players every year. But then again so can the cheatahs.

Hey Revis we know you hate us but come play with us and get a superbowl ring... and by the way we're not gonna pay you much but you will get the ring. How many players did they lure in like that over the years? it didn't always work for them like with Randy Moss but he sure scored 1000 td's while he was there and it sure was a good way to get the top free agents for less money.

and the more they won , they just kept riding the wave

it didn't hurt that brady happened to come in just as the oline had become the best in football either, but as we saw this past weekend , brady can't win them all by himself even if he has an unstoppable ogre for a tight end

That's my unsatisfiable answer with no football x's and o's.

I'm just hoping that we have finally seen the end of their oline dominance. I don't want to beat them after belichick and brady are gone. I want to beat them while their here.

hey patriot , then maybe you can switch so the Jets are your favorite team and the cheatos are your second favorite
Does it matter if anyone here knows the answer?

Yes it does, this is a football forum or are you all just blind followers of your team?

Are we supposed to call the Jets and tell them ,"hey guys, here's what you need to do to beat the cheatahs"

You can try, but I doubt they will even pick up the phone.

I'm hoping management can figure that out on its own.

Ah the next time don't complain when Bowles decides not to have the defense blitz against Brady.

Isn't this true of any offense whose passing game is stopped? Brady has benefited from good offensive lines over the years. But both he and Manning have also been able to get rid of the ball faster than most QBs.

Why have the cheaters dominated the NFL for the past 15 years?

The easy answer would be Belichick and Brady. But it is more complicated than that, they have an owner who is more dedicated than most owners. The Patriots have the best workout facilities, the best trainers, the best assistant coaches, the best doctors, and the most football computer geeks just to mention a few things. They probably spend more money in these areas than most teams. When its all said and done, they probably have had the best organization of any other team.

[CONTENT OF THIS SECTION REMOVED AS IT VIOLATED TERMS OF SERVICE]

So unless you can set me up with a smoking hot Jets cheerleader and convince my wife its fine, It doesn't look good for me being a Jets fan over a Pats fan in the near future.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:54 AM
Second String

Quote:
Does it matter if anyone here knows the answer?

Yes it does, this is a football forum or are you all just blind followers of your team?

Are we supposed to call the Jets and tell them ,"hey guys, here's what you need to do to beat the cheatahs"

You can try, but I doubt they will even pick up the phone.

I'm hoping management can figure that out on its own.

Ah the next time don't complain when Bowles decides not to have the defense blitz against Brady.

Isn't this true of any offense whose passing game is stopped? Brady has benefited from good offensive lines over the years. But both he and Manning have also been able to get rid of the ball faster than most QBs.

Why have the cheaters dominated the NFL for the past 15 years?

The easy answer would be Belichick and Brady. But it is more complicated than that, they have an owner who is more dedicated than most owners. The Patriots have the best workout facilities, the best trainers, the best assistant coaches, the best doctors, and the most football computer geeks just to mention a few things. They probably spend more money in these areas than most teams. When its all said and done, they probably have had the best organization of any other team.

Unlikely, I have been a Pats fan when they were the worst team in the NFL. When I was a kid I use to play for the Patriots Pep band when they were owned by Billy Sullivan and couldn't win a game. The only good thing I can say about that experience was I would commute to every game with a Patriot's cheerleader who was smoking hot. I never had what Bill Clinton would say sex with her, but I did convince her once to give me a happy ending while she was still in uniform.

So unless you can set me up with a smoking hot Jets cheerleader and convince my wife its fine, It doesn't look good for me being a Jets fan over a Pats fan in the near future.

Again, I don't speak for anyone else here but clearly, someone who played football has a better knowledge of the game then someone who didn't. I was unfortunate to not have a chance to play but that doesn't mean I can't come here and argue, complain, or praise like anyone else. I never claim to know any more then anyone else about anything because , like I said , there's always someone who knows more.

If we want to complain about something Bowles does or complain about Belichick cheating, it doesn't matter if we know more then them or less it wouldn't change a thing to the outcome.

Yes, most qb's play worse under pressure but you'll have to admit that handling pressure is 1 thing that brady is below average it. If there was a stat for fumbles per qb hit brady would lead the league.

The Patriots have the best workout facilities, the best trainers, the best assistant coaches, the best doctors, and the most football computer geeks just to mention a few things. They probably spend more money in these areas than most teams. When its all said and done, they probably have had the best organization of any other team.

I can't argue the above statement because I wouldn't know about any of those aspects to compare to other teams. Don't know how you would know really either other then to make a generic statement but maybe you do. It may be a nice way of you saying they are the best cheaters?

Now , I told you that I come to this forum for 2 reasons.
1.to share the pain
2. to make people laugh

The following paragraph falls under #2. I don't know if you or anyone else will laugh at it but I know I'm chuckling right now.

You're an engineer and a band geek? I didn't think engineers or band geeks got any sex at all no less with a hot cheerleader. I did talk to all the Jets cheerleaders I know, on your behalf, and they all said "no thank you". Kind of funny because when I asked your wife for permission she said, "Heck yeah. Anything to get him out of the house"

What instrument did you play? I played trumpet. Made Allstate once. Band kids were never geeks in my high school. we were popular. Still love music. One of my sons plays guitar and the other plays piano and percussion. Both are quite good. My daughter will start an instrument next year.