The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / The rebuilding​ of the Jets roster

Old 06-14-2017, 02:18 PM
Second String

Default The rebuilding​ of the Jets roster

Below is a link to a very interesting read that sums up the current state of the team, why it was necessary, and what it all means.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssp...r-a-while/amp/
Old 06-14-2017, 09:43 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Below is a link to a very interesting read that sums up the current state of the team, why it was necessary, and what it all means.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssp...r-a-while/amp/
I agree. That's a pretty good article. This purging, if we choose to call it that, of older near the end of their prime players, is an absolute necessity. We are now in a position where we have young guys on the roster that don't cost an arm and a leg. My line of thought with this rebuild, and I know Bowles says it's not, is that we now have options for player retainment. If a player develops into a key player he gets a decent but not lavish contract otherwise he gets shown the door with no harm to our cap space.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:58 AM

In some ways i am glad that they didnt start this rebuild two years ago, lets look at the landscape. Two years ago 2015, wouldnt have seen us with a top two pick in the draft which did go to qbs Winston and Mariota, both who may turn into competent qbs. But we wouldnt have had a shot at them, the next qb that year #75 in the draft, some dude Grayson who went to the Saints. In 2016, again the first two picks were qbs and the jury is still out on Goff and Wentz, but again its a strech to predict, even with a locker clearout we would have held one of these picks. The next qb off the board Brissett, #91 r3 to the Pats, so maybe we did miss something there(devils advocate lol). This doesnt mean we can/will land a franchise qb next year but, we have another college year to evaluate them, a better chance of having a top 3 pick, plenty of money for free agency and a young squad not without talent on def, ready to come together, or so I hope.

Last edited by kiwijet; 06-15-2017 at 08:03 AM.