The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 05-01-2017, 04:48 AM
Second String

I suppose they could trade Richardson for a decent O-lineman and then my opinion would change. All you guys who liked the safeties are going to be really happy because they will be on the pitch an awful lot. Perhaps we keep Pryor and Gilchrist so we can rotate our safeties to keep them fresh
Old 05-01-2017, 08:47 AM
Third String

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijet View Post
you got Stewart, not expecting much out of our other picks, but they will be looking for who sticks. Give the keys to Hackenburg, draft a qb at 1 or 2 next year and continue to round out the squad.
I wasn't expecting another Safety.. I don't think anyone outside the Jets war room was. Maye is a good player and I think him and Adams will be a terrific tandem. with that said, we had a lot of other needs to fill. Could have and should have addressed CB much earlier.

Stewart I did get lol.. I like him a lot and think he will be a good player. Now we see why they picked up WRs at the rate they did. Devin out for the season and Decker's situation up in the air.

The TE Leggett is an OK pick. Would have liked Jake Butt earlier " Grab the Butt"

Last edited by BartSanchezScott06; 05-02-2017 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:48 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by beresford View Post
I suppose they could trade Richardson for a decent O-lineman and then my opinion would change. All you guys who liked the safeties are going to be really happy because they will be on the pitch an awful lot. Perhaps we keep Pryor and Gilchrist so we can rotate our safeties to keep them fresh
I saw that the Jets have declined Pryors 5th year option.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:55 AM
Second String

Don't be surprised to see Adams ,Maybe and Pryor on the field together. Bowles ran alot of 3 safety sets in Arizona.
As far as the O line, the talent was not there in this draft. I suggested Tyler Orlosky as a possible 5 the or 6 the round target prior to the draft and was crucified, as no way would he be available. Meanwhile 2 of this drafts top o line prospects, Orlosky and Toth were undrafted and didn't even end up priority UDFAs. Overall the draft was solid. Adams was a steal, adding Maye solidified the back end of the D. The WRs are great addition. While we were not aware of Devin Smith's injury, Mac was. Decker's return is still a question,and even if healthy, he is not a #1 receiver and his time in NJ is nearing the end. Enunwa will be asked to go from a #3, hybrid/ H back to the #1 position, and his off field character is still a concern. Marshall is suspended the first 4 games and Anderson has his hearing on Monday for his resisting arrest with violence charge. That could carry a 6 game suspension.
Adams,Maye and Stewart all bring one thing that this team was lacking more than anything last year, leadership. There was not one player on the roster last season who showed any leadership at all. Not Mangold, Wilkerson, Williams, Revis'.
This team is still full of holes. There is no way to fill all those needs with one draft but several holes were filled with quality players. I know some wanted a QB, but again this draft was weak and we are adding weapons for whomever turns out to be our future QB. I trust that Morton will be able to shape the WR Corp and TEs, a weakness, into a very solid group.
Mac cut Jarvis Jenkins in order to aquire the compensatory late 3rd round pick, he turned that pick into Hansen, Clark and Jones. Hansen may very well become a starter year 1, Clark fits Bowles D and should contribute this year and could become a starter by year's end,Jones is another big, press corner that Bowle's D depends on. Leggett was a steal in the 5th.
We entered the draft with 6 picks and left with 4-5 day 1 starters and 2-3 players who should contribute this year. Also should see a big special teams improvement with some of the late picks and UDFAs.
Can't really ask for more.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:09 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartSanchezScott06 View Post
I wasn't expecting another Safety.. I don't think anyone outside the Jets war room was. Maye is a good player and I think him and Adams will be a terrific tandem. with that said, we had a lot of other needs to fill. Could have and should have addressed CB much earlier.

Stewart I did get lol.. I like him a lot and think he will be a good player. Now we see why they picked up WRs at the rate they did. Devin out for the season and Decker's situation up in the air.

The TE Leggett is an OK pick. Would have liked Jake Butt earlier " Grab the Butt"
You do realize we upgraded the CB position in FA, we got Dallas' second best CB. News seems to have glossed over this. I think this is why CB wasnt as important. Plus as previously mentioned bowles loves 3 safeties on the field. Not to mention the CB's dont need to be stellar if you shutdown the midfield and the TE. If you think about it if our dline and lbs get pressure an opposing QB will be forced to throw the long ball to double teamed wrs with tall CB's covering them...I dont know about our offense but think the Jets will become a top defense again this year...way too much talent on the defense now. If our LBs improve just a little it could be shutdown defense no doubt
Old 05-18-2017, 04:07 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverGreen View Post
You do realize we upgraded the CB position in FA, we got Dallas' second best CB. News seems to have glossed over this. I think this is why CB wasnt as important. Plus as previously mentioned bowles loves 3 safeties on the field. Not to mention the CB's dont need to be stellar if you shutdown the midfield and the TE. If you think about it if our dline and lbs get pressure an opposing QB will be forced to throw the long ball to double teamed wrs with tall CB's covering them...I dont know about our offense but think the Jets will become a top defense again this year...way too much talent on the defense now. If our LBs improve just a little it could be shutdown defense no doubt
Mac did try to trade up in round 2 to take a CB. Kevin king, but with Claiborne, Burris and Williams , plus Skrine in the slot. I think the team feels comfortable with Clarke and Jones being able to grow into the future starting CBs.
I agree that the back end will be much improved, and with Richardson ,and Mo being what are essentially contract years, if Lee and Jenkins build on what they flashed down the stretch, the D will be much improved. Especially against the pass.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:15 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Mac did try to trade up in round 2 to take a CB. Kevin king, but with Claiborne, Burris and Williams , plus Skrine in the slot. I think the team feels comfortable with Clarke and Jones being able to grow into the future starting CBs.
I agree that the back end will be much improved, and with Richardson ,and Mo being what are essentially contract years, if Lee and Jenkins build on what they flashed down the stretch, the D will be much improved. Especially against the pass.
I think I agree that the back field will be better this season especially against the pass. And I don't say that just because it wouldn't take much to be an improvement over last season. I say that because I think we finally are on the road to acquiring players that really will put in the effort as well as being skillful players.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:38 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
I think I agree that the back field will be better this season especially against the pass. And I don't say that just because it wouldn't take much to be an improvement over last season. I say that because I think we finally are on the road to acquiring players that really will put in the effort as well as being skillful players.
The D should really be better vs the pass. The line has to step up and keep Lee clean so he can get sideline to sideline. Last year they let blocker get by them too often and that hurt the linebackers. Mo really needs to step up his game this year.
Finally getting a young hungry squad. Now let's hope they have the talent to put that to use.
There's going to be some growing pains but I honestly believe that the team will be exciting to watch. That's alot more than last year's team.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:50 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
The D should really be better vs the pass. The line has to step up and keep Lee clean so he can get sideline to sideline. Last year they let blocker get by them too often and that hurt the linebackers. Mo really needs to step up his game this year.
Finally getting a young hungry squad. Now let's hope they have the talent to put that to use.
There's going to be some growing pains but I honestly believe that the team will be exciting to watch. That's alot more than last year's team.
AMEN on the growing pains. There is certain to be plenty of that, but, like you I am anxious to see what this group can do and see how hungry they really are.