The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / Targeting cousins in 2018 or settling for prospects from 2018 qb class

Old 07-07-2017, 10:40 PM
Third String

Default Targeting cousins in 2018 or settling for prospects from 2018 qb class

Wondering what yah thought..i hear alotta guys wanting to go the sam darnold(if he even infact decides to enter the draft) or the other big 2 qbs from 2018 draft class..i personally wouldnt mind throwing the bank & investing in cousins at qb for the long haul...hes proven as a solid qb in this league..
Old 07-08-2017, 08:00 AM

I think he could be a great addition but I don't see the Redskins letting him go anywhere.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:50 PM
Third String

Actually for me it's too early to even think about either of those options, because that's still a long way off considering how fast circumstances in the NFL and the college level change. Injury could put any of these prospects off limits. Skill levels sometimes diminish for various reasons. Another player not even on the radar might become extraordinary before the draft. They might even pull a Tebow and decide that baseball is a better option. I hear it pays better. In short there are too many variables for me to even go down this road at this time. Yo did ask what we thought jetsfanQ. This is what I think.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:02 PM
Second String

There are pros and cons to both choices.
Darnold has to show major improvement to climb up to the #1 draft spot.He is down to 3 on most big boards but it's so early that by the end of the year , all 3 could drop and others could rise, some no one is even watching could rise. Cousins is an intriguing option.
I have seen alot of fan post on other Jet forums about him.
Look at his career and he was terrible his first 3 years but developed nicely and had good back to back seasons yet everyone is writing Hack off before he has taken a single snap. The biggest pro to signing cousins would be the potential to trade our high pick for a haul of draft picks in the next 2 drafts. I doubt Washington let's Cousins walk and if they do, Cleveland would likely outbid us and they have a much more attractive roster then we do at this point.
Could Hack surprise this season and eliminate the need to go after a QB? Could Mac n Bowles use another year on his development then feel confident in him and still make the big trade down for picks?
There's so much that can and will happen between now and April but it's fun to explore the possibilities.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:12 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
There are pros and cons to both choices.
Darnold has to show major improvement to climb up to the #1 draft spot.He is down to 3 on most big boards but it's so early that by the end of the year , all 3 could drop and others could rise, some no one is even watching could rise. Cousins is an intriguing option.
I have seen alot of fan post on other Jet forums about him.
Look at his career and he was terrible his first 3 years but developed nicely and had good back to back seasons yet everyone is writing Hack off before he has taken a single snap. The biggest pro to signing cousins would be the potential to trade our high pick for a haul of draft picks in the next 2 drafts. I doubt Washington let's Cousins walk and if they do, Cleveland would likely outbid us and they have a much more attractive roster then we do at this point.
Could Hack surprise this season and eliminate the need to go after a QB? Could Mac n Bowles use another year on his development then feel confident in him and still make the big trade down for picks?
There's so much that can and will happen between now and April but it's fun to explore the possibilities.
I suppose that if we weren't dreamers we wouldn't be Jets fans.