The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / My 2 biggest disappointment from Bills game

Old 09-11-2017, 09:04 AM
Third String

Default My 2 biggest disappointment from Bills game

Well.. its much of what we expected right? 21-12 loss...There were a lot of negatives as you obviously have in a loss but two of them stuck out to me the most.

1) Not using Bilal Powell 75 % of the time. I swear I don't think I saw BP in the game until near the middle of the second quarter. Ok, I see Forte still has a little bit of gas in the tank but Powell is the better back at this point their careers. He is versatile and has big play ability. Definitely did not use him enough

2) Mo Wilkerson. period. This guy got a huge pay day and since he's been invisible. The stat sheet shows he had 2 tackles but I don't think that's true. He might have just fell near the pile. He is non existent. At one point we had Mo, Snacks, Sheldon and Leo.... we let Snacks walk and traded Sheldon. I'm not a big hindsight guy but I really wonder if those were the right choices.

To end a negative post with some positive. I did like the fight our guys showed and how hard they played. By what I saw, Jamal Adams is going to be a superstar. Leonard is a force and Kearse seems to be a solid WR.

What were your thoughts on the game?
Old 09-11-2017, 01:19 PM
Third String

Well for me, taking it away from the actual plays , we have a serious Offensive Coaching problem. we are just so dang slow !. We always go to the huddle and just take our sweet time in getting back to the line.

There were multiple instances where the D had 1 or 2 people just barely getting off the field which could have easily been snagged for 5 yards. Thats part of the Offensive game plan, as important as a play. It forces respect even if it's minimal.

Speed up the O, call 2 or 3 plays at the same time, get something going, even if it's penalties. A 5 yard penalty coupled with crappy running still lands a 1st down. Do something.! At least keep the D honest.

Regarding the O play, McCown showed more than I expected and maybe there is some promise with Kearse, at least he's got some good experience. We kept calling what seemed to be the same exact running plays that didn't work at the beginning of the game and didn't work at the end. the only ones who got worn out was us ! They have medicine for that.

There's always next week !

Last edited by jamestp8899; 09-11-2017 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:14 PM
Waterboy

I agree with what was said. McCown was definitely better than I thought he'd be. We didn't run Powell nearly enough. He's got to be more involved. We have to run the ball to set up play action. Kearse and Adams were bright spots.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:23 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen09 View Post
I agree with what was said. McCown was definitely better than I thought he'd be. We didn't run Powell nearly enough. He's got to be more involved. We have to run the ball to set up play action. Kearse and Adams were bright spots.
2 biggest:

1. Todd Bowles - he continues to surprise with new lows - I should no longer be surprised....he stinks

2. Really disappointed with the defense. The linebackers and the dline. Hate to say it but this is on Mac. Wilk should of been gone and we should of kept richardson. Lee is a joke and a waste of a first round pick. Quite honestly his picks and moves are have been pretty weak. Yes he got jamal and Mayes but those were no brainers. Mean while he has whiffed on two QB's, 2 LBs, the Fitzpatrick contract last season (did we really need a standoff).

I am excited for the inevitable....2018 cant come fast enough....big wallet, 1st round pick, good QB class, new coach, new GM. If we are smart we sign cousins and we trade the pick for 3 first rounders and 3 seconds rounders and use that to get us a new Oline, new WR, RB, LB, and CB. We then have a contender.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:06 AM
Third String

Toilet bowles is a joke.& To think we lost out on Quinn over him....he has to go end of this season he has shown on more then 1 occasion hes soft as a coach...it's common sense the team is lacking in wide receivers so you ground & pound..to see the stats for running backs that game is disgusting.

I agree with Wilkerson comment also...should of kept /paid snacks & also Sheldon & got rid of him..man the decision making from front office down to coaching staff these last few years have been mind boggling
Old 09-12-2017, 03:30 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfanQ View Post
Toilet bowles is a joke.& To think we lost out on Quinn over him....he has to go end of this season he has shown on more then 1 occasion hes soft as a coach...it's common sense the team is lacking in wide receivers so you ground & pound..to see the stats for running backs that game is disgusting.

I agree with Wilkerson comment also...should of kept /paid snacks & also Sheldon & got rid of him..man the decision making from front office down to coaching staff these last few years have been mind boggling
I'm starting to agree with you about Mr Bowles. Woodys decision to choose him over Quinn shows a lack of insight on his part.

Todd made the exact same mistake that lost a game last year if y'all remember...punting with no time left...this shows he is unwilling to learn from his past mistakes.

Coach pointed to missed assignments as the main reason for the loss. He gave us the same reason for every loss last season. Properly coached teams are ready from game 1, poorly coached teams look like this mess.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:47 PM

Im starting to dislike Bowles. I am however willing to check his coaching skills untill the end of the season to give a fair shake.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:45 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjet View Post
Im starting to dislike Bowles. I am however willing to check his coaching skills untill the end of the season to give a fair shake.
His body of work so far with the team isn't enough to be checked yet?

This guy is too soft man..I wanted rex out of here because he talked too much but I sure am sorry what I asked for because bowles is worse then rex as far as coaching.supposed to be defensive minded yet the defense has gotten worse overall since rex left.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:32 AM

Biggest disappointment was seeing McCown under center. Yeah he played okay but he's a 35 year old rental. He'll be gone after this season and we'll be in the same spot we ended last season, with two young QBs who i don't feel have been given an actual chance.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:44 AM
Coaching Staff
Expert or Post Too Much - You Decide :)

Big mac has done a real poor Job. Harrison should be here as well as CB's & a OL