The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 01-25-2016, 03:07 AM
Can't Spell "Geno" | Mr Kazoo

Default Why The Patriots Lost?

Now that the Patriots will no longer be the reigning Super Bowl champs in the near future, I have changed my avatar accordingly. Besides the new green nature of my avatar may make you all more comfortable with me (probably not). Speaking of avatar, I don't think it is to much to ask to not have my avatar messed with, is it? A member's avatar should be a member's avatar, shouldn't it?

As to why the Patriots lost this game, I will hold off on my answer because I am always being accused of stating the obvious. So I will leave it to the very bright football savvy folks on this forum to answer my question. If I am so obvious, let see if you can provide an unbiased analysis of why the Pats really lost. In the meantime these are some answers that are wrong, so don't even bother.

1.) The missed extra point.
2.) Going on 4th down instead of a field goal.
3.) The refs and the NFL screwed the Pats.
4.) Electing to receive instead of kick off.
5.) The Pats Microsoft Surface Tablets weren't working.
6.) The Pats can't win in Denver

These are answers provided my people who want a quick answer and are unwilling to explore the real strategic reasons a game is actually determined.

There are two main reasons why the Pats lost, and probably should have been totally dominated. This is pretty obvious. The only reason it was a close game illustrates the mental toughness and tenacious competitiveness of the Patriots.

For those that say Brady is soft, how many QBs do you know who could have taken the punishment Brady took and still kept fighting? This is why he and the Patriots are champions, enough said.

I await your answers to my questions. This is a football forum after all, please provide the X's and O's why they lost. If you want some hints, please don't hesitate to ask.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:50 AM
Second String

They lost because OUR Jets denied them home field advantage with their heroic win in the regular season.

And the Commissioner's foresight in making the EP harder. He got Brady in the end.

Last edited by beresford; 01-25-2016 at 06:53 AM.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:32 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by beresford View Post
They lost because OUR Jets denied them home field advantage with their heroic win in the regular season.

And the Commissioner's foresight in making the EP harder. He got Brady in the end.
This is true. And throw in the dolphins loss too. Had they won either game, they have home field and can mess with Peyton's headset and therefore win the game. Patriot did say that the mile high air screwed gronk. I think it was the synthetic weed that messed up his lungs
Old 01-25-2016, 07:55 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
Now that the Patriots will no longer be the reigning Super Bowl champs in the near future, I have changed my avatar accordingly. Besides the new green nature of my avatar may make you all more comfortable with me (probably not). Speaking of avatar, I don't think it is to much to ask to not have my avatar messed with, is it? A member's avatar should be a member's avatar, shouldn't it?

As to why the Patriots lost this game, I will hold off on my answer because I am always being accused of stating the obvious. So I will leave it to the very bright football savvy folks on this forum to answer my question. If I am so obvious, let see if you can provide an unbiased analysis of why the Pats really lost. In the meantime these are some answers that are wrong, so don't even bother.

These are answers provided my people who want a quick answer and are unwilling to explore the real strategic reasons a game is actually determined.

There are two main reasons why the Pats lost, and probably should have been totally dominated. This is pretty obvious. The only reason it was a close game illustrates the mental toughness and tenacious competitiveness of the Patriots.

For those that say Brady is soft, how many QBs do you know who could have taken the punishment Brady took and still kept fighting? This is why he and the Patriots are champions, enough said.

I await your answers to my questions. This is a football forum after all, please provide the X's and O's why they lost. If you want some hints, please don't hesitate to ask.
1.Brady was hit 23 times. Most of any qb this year.

2. They couldn't convert on 3 rd down.

I didn't watch the game but I think those are 2 good reasons for the loss

Brady did fight hard while getting pounded but if from day 1 of his career , he got hit as much as most qb's he would not be near good as he is with 10 seconds to throw. Kind of an obvious statement but still. Other then this season he has had better protection then anyone ever. He has been allowed to play with a confidence that other qbs can't because he has never had to feel like he has to look over his shoulder for a hit. It has been that way from day one for him.

Another example I use for this argument is to look at the 1 year Cassel played. He was good as Brady chase he bhad Brady time to throw. Cassels stats were better then bradysvstats in his return year. Cassel has done nothing since behind lesser olines.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:48 AM

Here's my thoughts on the bullet points listed:

ANS: I agree and what's REALLY rediculous about this is the mad genius was the sponsor of that rule change and for it's implementation, you can't make this stuff up!

ANS: The mad genius out thought himself again pulling a Coughlin! There was enough time on the clock to kick a FG and between TO's and your DEF get the ball back, IMHO you always take the points.

ANS: Spoken like a true Patsie fan! I saw an article from Sports Illustrated that nominated your fan base as the number one crybabies in the NFL, go get your tissues!

ANS: This is my personal favorite as this is the FIRST time I can recall the mad genius doing that all season long.

ANS: I heard a report that someone saw Mike Tomlin on your sidelines (Only kidding), I don't really know how to respond to this one except to say......TOO FRIGGING FUNNY

ANS: And if the game had been played at cheater central I am sure the outcome would have been different. The JETS had a role to play in that scenario, har dee har har

Now the universe is once again in alignment.

GO JETS

Red

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." General George Patton Jr

Last edited by redexplr; 01-25-2016 at 11:41 AM. Reason: FF
Old 01-25-2016, 10:48 AM
Can't Spell "Geno" | Mr Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
1.Brady was hit 23 times. Most of any qb this year.

2. They couldn't convert on 3 rd down.

I didn't watch the game but I think those are 2 good reasons for the loss

Brady did fight hard while getting pounded but if from day 1 of his career , he got hit as much as most qb's he would not be near good as he is with 10 seconds to throw. Kind of an obvious statement but still. Other then this season he has had better protection then anyone ever. He has been allowed to play with a confidence that other qbs can't because he has never had to feel like he has to look over his shoulder for a hit. It has been that way from day one for him.

Another example I use for this argument is to look at the 1 year Cassel played. He was good as Brady chase he bhad Brady time to throw. Cassels stats were better then bradysvstats in his return year. Cassel has done nothing since behind lesser olines.
OK let be more specific, since all your doing is stating stats.

Reason #1

Why were the Broncos able to apply pressure on Brady which allowed their defense to prevail? What football strategy e.t.c. was used? Why were they more successful than the Chiefs and others? Why could the Patriots do nothing to counter this strategy? In previous games Brady has been able to get rid of the ball quickly before any pressure arrived. CH, I am not saying you are one of them, but their have been some members on this forum who claim I am Captain Obvious when discussing football. So Captain Obvious is now asking them to explain the obvious without resorting to others like the media for information. I am waiting to hear the obvious from Jetstream and Titan especially! In the meantime CH if you want to answer my football questoion, go for it. But I would love to hear the obvious first from Jetstream and Titan. So don't cheat on my test and give them the answer CH, because they might claim you are to obvious!

Reason #2
I will leave for another time.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:58 AM
Should Be Banned :)
Expert or Post Too Much - You Decide :)

Too much information as ususal from Patriot. Let me break it down for you in Engineer terms.

Patriots 18 - 20 Broncos
Old 01-25-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Speaking of avatar, I don't think it is to much to ask to not have my avatar messed with, is it? A member's avatar should be a member's avatar, shouldn't it?
You have no rights here. This isn't Boston, its New York. And technically the verbiage under your avatar is not you avatar. We control that for ever member. If your feelings are getting hurt, especially now that your team is out of it, let me know and I will suspend myself for one day.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beresford View Post

Oh how the tide turns. ^ Brilliant. Sometimes you just need a common enemy to unite.
Old 01-25-2016, 12:20 PM
Second String

Quote:
OK let be more specific, since all your doing is stating stats.

Reason #1

Why were the Broncos able to apply pressure on Brady which allowed their defense to prevail? What football strategy e.t.c. was used? Why were they more successful than the Chiefs and others? Why could the Patriots do nothing to counter this strategy? In previous games Brady has been able to get rid of the ball quickly before any pressure arrived. CH, I am not saying you are one of them, but their have been some members on this forum who claim I am Captain Obvious when discussing football. So Captain Obvious is now asking them to explain the obvious without resorting to others like the media for information. I am waiting to hear the obvious from Jetstream and Titan especially! In the meantime CH if you want to answer my football questoion, go for it. But I would love to hear the obvious first from Jetstream and Titan. So don't cheat on my test and give them the answer CH, because they might claim you are to obvious!

Reason #2
I will leave for another time.
The Patriots had to reshuffle their O-line during the season and Denver had two good pass rushers, so they were a bad matchup. By contrast the Jets have those big DTs who are solid but not exceptionally quick.

Also Bellichick didn't have the confidence in his own team to kick the field goals and make the objectives easier for the inevitable last-minute rally.

Don't fret, unlike some here I am confident that normal service will be resumed next season.