The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors




Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / Jets - Browns draft trade rumors

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-19-2017, 06:38 PM
TonyFtLaud's Avatar
TonyFtLaud TonyFtLaud is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,027
Default Jets - Browns draft trade rumors

It is being reported that the Brown's are trying to trade up to the Jets spot at 6 in round 1. The Jets are reportedly seeking the Brown's 12 (first round),33 (first pick second round) and 108 first pick of round 4) that seen like alot more than the value difference between the 6 and 12 but it makes much more sense if Richardson is packaged with the 6.
This trade, with or without Richardson would be a great move by Mac and could change the entire dynamic of the draft.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-21-2017, 05:02 PM
jetsfellow's Avatar
jetsfellow jetsfellow is offline
Waterboy
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5
Default

I would love to see Mac pull off that trade. #12 is still great and adding a #33 and #108 to our stable would really be something.




jf
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-21-2017, 10:34 PM
TonyFtLaud's Avatar
TonyFtLaud TonyFtLaud is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,027
Default

I agree, I think it will all come down to draft day, if a QB comes off the board early,( Trubisky or Watson) the Brown's are going to try to get up as high as possible. If both are there the Brown's will look to jump the Chargers,Bills,and Saints to ensure that they get their QB.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-22-2017, 07:02 PM
Gramoah's Avatar
Gramoah Gramoah is offline
Third String
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
I agree, I think it will all come down to draft day, if a QB comes off the board early,( Trubisky or Watson) the Brown's are going to try to get up as high as possible. If both are there the Brown's will look to jump the Chargers,Bills,and Saints to ensure that they get their QB.
It's difficult to put much stock in these rumors but giving up #6 for more picks would not hurt my feelings one bit. Giving up Sheldon to acquire more pics only sweetens the pot for me. We already have his replacement here and there are plenty of players available all through this draft that could help this team. We don't need, in my opinion, to waste a pick on a mediocre quarter back and that's what I am seeing in this years draft pool. We have other more important needs.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-23-2017, 07:58 AM
jetsknicks1's Avatar
jetsknicks1 jetsknicks1 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ocala Florida
Posts: 4,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
It's difficult to put much stock in these rumors but giving up #6 for more picks would not hurt my feelings one bit. Giving up Sheldon to acquire more pics only sweetens the pot for me. We already have his replacement here and there are plenty of players available all through this draft that could help this team. We don't need, in my opinion, to waste a pick on a mediocre quarter back and that's what I am seeing in this years draft pool. We have other more important needs.
Agreed. Tribisky(sp), looks like another Sanchez to me, one good season in college and almost zero experience. Trade Sheldon, move down in the draft and stockpile picks.
__________________
Nowhere else have I seen such lions led by lambs.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-23-2017, 11:33 AM
beresford beresford is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Birmingham England
Posts: 1,119
Default

I had a PM from an Eagles fan offering me a trade of one of two experienced O-line men they are shopping in return for exchanging draft picks. Shame that I don't decide these things.....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-23-2017, 01:41 PM
Gramoah's Avatar
Gramoah Gramoah is offline
Third String
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beresford View Post
I had a PM from an Eagles fan offering me a trade of one of two experienced O-line men they are shopping in return for exchanging draft picks. Shame that I don't decide these things.....
I'd be happy if the front office would check the forum once in awhile and get input from those of us willing to share our opinions. The more brains involved in a brainstorming event the more likely a sound decision will be made.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-23-2017, 06:05 PM
TonyFtLaud's Avatar
TonyFtLaud TonyFtLaud is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,027
Default

Right now Lane Johnson is the RT the Eagles are trying to trade. He is an all pro quality player who I wouldn't give up a 7 the round pick for. He's coming off a 10 game suspension and is 1 strike from the exempt list. Not what we need on this team.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-24-2017, 12:59 PM
beresford beresford is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Birmingham England
Posts: 1,119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Right now Lane Johnson is the RT the Eagles are trying to trade. He is an all pro quality player who I wouldn't give up a 7 the round pick for. He's coming off a 10 game suspension and is 1 strike from the exempt list. Not what we need on this team.
My would-be suitor mentioned Jason Kelce and Matt Tobin. But it's all academic because he has no more pull than me.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-24-2017, 04:08 PM
TonyFtLaud's Avatar
TonyFtLaud TonyFtLaud is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,027
Default

Kelce is being shipped because it's his last year and they are hoping to get anything in return. He and Tobin both spend more time on IR than the active roster. Shell and Johnson are a much better fit for this team.
Why would you honestly give up draft picks for past their prime has been or never was players?
Honestly, you whine about the Patriots and how we will never catch up, then suggest ways to sabotage the future of the team.
Finally the organization has gotten the quick fix mentality out of their heads and are doing things the right way. We don't need overpriced underperforming broken down vets taking reps from the future
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 PM. Custom vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Copyright © 2008 New York Jet LLC