The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / Jets - Browns draft trade rumors

Old 04-19-2017, 06:38 PM
Second String

Default Jets - Browns draft trade rumors

It is being reported that the Brown's are trying to trade up to the Jets spot at 6 in round 1. The Jets are reportedly seeking the Brown's 12 (first round),33 (first pick second round) and 108 first pick of round 4) that seen like alot more than the value difference between the 6 and 12 but it makes much more sense if Richardson is packaged with the 6.
This trade, with or without Richardson would be a great move by Mac and could change the entire dynamic of the draft.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:02 PM
Waterboy

I would love to see Mac pull off that trade. #12 is still great and adding a #33 and #108 to our stable would really be something.

jf
Old 04-21-2017, 10:34 PM
Second String

I agree, I think it will all come down to draft day, if a QB comes off the board early,( Trubisky or Watson) the Brown's are going to try to get up as high as possible. If both are there the Brown's will look to jump the Chargers,Bills,and Saints to ensure that they get their QB.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:02 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
I agree, I think it will all come down to draft day, if a QB comes off the board early,( Trubisky or Watson) the Brown's are going to try to get up as high as possible. If both are there the Brown's will look to jump the Chargers,Bills,and Saints to ensure that they get their QB.
It's difficult to put much stock in these rumors but giving up #6 for more picks would not hurt my feelings one bit. Giving up Sheldon to acquire more pics only sweetens the pot for me. We already have his replacement here and there are plenty of players available all through this draft that could help this team. We don't need, in my opinion, to waste a pick on a mediocre quarter back and that's what I am seeing in this years draft pool. We have other more important needs.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
It's difficult to put much stock in these rumors but giving up #6 for more picks would not hurt my feelings one bit. Giving up Sheldon to acquire more pics only sweetens the pot for me. We already have his replacement here and there are plenty of players available all through this draft that could help this team. We don't need, in my opinion, to waste a pick on a mediocre quarter back and that's what I am seeing in this years draft pool. We have other more important needs.
Agreed. Tribisky(sp), looks like another Sanchez to me, one good season in college and almost zero experience. Trade Sheldon, move down in the draft and stockpile picks.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:33 AM
Second String

I had a PM from an Eagles fan offering me a trade of one of two experienced O-line men they are shopping in return for exchanging draft picks. Shame that I don't decide these things.....
Old 04-23-2017, 01:41 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by beresford View Post
I had a PM from an Eagles fan offering me a trade of one of two experienced O-line men they are shopping in return for exchanging draft picks. Shame that I don't decide these things.....
I'd be happy if the front office would check the forum once in awhile and get input from those of us willing to share our opinions. The more brains involved in a brainstorming event the more likely a sound decision will be made.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:05 PM
Second String

Right now Lane Johnson is the RT the Eagles are trying to trade. He is an all pro quality player who I wouldn't give up a 7 the round pick for. He's coming off a 10 game suspension and is 1 strike from the exempt list. Not what we need on this team.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:59 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Right now Lane Johnson is the RT the Eagles are trying to trade. He is an all pro quality player who I wouldn't give up a 7 the round pick for. He's coming off a 10 game suspension and is 1 strike from the exempt list. Not what we need on this team.
My would-be suitor mentioned Jason Kelce and Matt Tobin. But it's all academic because he has no more pull than me.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:08 PM
Second String

Kelce is being shipped because it's his last year and they are hoping to get anything in return. He and Tobin both spend more time on IR than the active roster. Shell and Johnson are a much better fit for this team.
Why would you honestly give up draft picks for past their prime has been or never was players?
Honestly, you whine about the Patriots and how we will never catch up, then suggest ways to sabotage the future of the team.
Finally the organization has gotten the quick fix mentality out of their heads and are doing things the right way. We don't need overpriced underperforming broken down vets taking reps from the future