The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 03-25-2017, 10:24 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
You did note, Tony, that my problem was with the illegals and not the Mexicans as a whole. We have added some Mexicans to our family as well. I can't speak for Cheaterhater but I was assuming that he was, in spite of the wording he used, speaking about the illegals. That clarification will have to come from him.
I took no offense at all to what you said and I am against illegals​ no matter what country they come from. Unfortunately, Cheatenhater made a very offensive statement and scrambled to change what he said after I called him out on it.
Life's too short to continue the conversation about what he said any further.
Let's get back to the Jets and how good it will feel to pay McCown all that bonus money for winning the Superbowl!!!!
Old 03-25-2017, 11:15 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
I took no offense at all to what you said and I am against illegals​ no matter what country they come from. Unfortunately, Cheatenhater made a very offensive statement and scrambled to change what he said after I called him out on it.
Life's too short to continue the conversation about what he said any further.
Let's get back to the Jets and how good it will feel to pay McCown all that bonus money for winning the Superbowl!!!!
I'm with you on that point and I seriously hope the Jets have to pay him that Superbowl bonus. I won't hold my breath though. Heck. I'm still laughing so hard every time I think of it that I couldn't hold my breath even if I wanted to. I still can't believe that the Jets even bothered covering that contingency.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:52 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
I'm with you on that point and I seriously hope the Jets have to pay him that Superbowl bonus. I won't hold my breath though. Heck. I'm still laughing so hard every time I think of it that I couldn't hold my breath even if I wanted to. I still can't believe that the Jets even bothered covering that contingency.
I'm guessing it was something his agent was pushing to make the offer seem more appealing.
The real question is how many times does he collect the $125k
Game bonus.
That part of the contract ,I believe was Mac's idea. This way he can get Woody on board with playing the young guys and check Bowles, he gives us the best chance to win crap.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:54 AM
Third String

Quote:
I'm guessing it was something his agent was pushing to make the offer seem more appealing.
The real question is how many times does he collect the $125k
Game bonus.
That part of the contract ,I believe was Mac's idea. This way he can get Woody on board with playing the young guys and check Bowles, he gives us the best chance to win crap.
Kind of sounds to me that they have doubts that he can even play a full game since they have that 50% requirement in order to collect. It's really difficult to understand their mindset with this QB situation. We can, and probably will, continue to try to figure it out because that's what we do but in the end we won't know until it all plays out. Then we will have the distinct pleasure of scratching our heads and wondering why the heck did they do that.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:14 PM
Second String

We had to sign a veteran. Can go into the season with only 2 QBs so I'm guessing Mac was looking for the cheapest option who could still be a positive mentor to the young guys. It takes the pressure off Mac as far as having to draft a QB. I don't know how the snap count will come into play once the season starts. Will they pull McCown mid game to keep from paying him? Run a hurry up with Petty or Hack to get them extra plays if McCown is over the 50% lol.
I can see it now. We're up 6 with a minute to play. Time out...
Mac tells Bowles we need to run several plays to keep McCown from his bonus. Instead of taking a knee we pass for a pick 6 and loose as time expires on the extra point conversion.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:50 PM
Third String

Quote:
We had to sign a veteran. Can go into the season with only 2 QBs so I'm guessing Mac was looking for the cheapest option who could still be a positive mentor to the young guys. It takes the pressure off Mac as far as having to draft a QB. I don't know how the snap count will come into play once the season starts. Will they pull McCown mid game to keep from paying him? Run a hurry up with Petty or Hack to get them extra plays if McCown is over the 50% lol.
I can see it now. We're up 6 with a minute to play. Time out...
Mac tells Bowles we need to run several plays to keep McCown from his bonus. Instead of taking a knee we pass for a pick 6 and loose as time expires on the extra point conversion.
Spoken like a true, and experienced, Jets fan.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:22 PM
Second String

Quote:
Your exact words were " Mexicans steal work from U.S citizens every day and pay no taxes"
That's a blanket statement made about all Mexicans. Not some illegals but about an entire race of people. That's ignorant and racist.
We have a large number of illegals here in S Florida as well but there are as many Americans, white,black, brown and yellow, recieving government benefits and working off the books. I'd be willing to be even more than the # of Illegals doing so.
Can you honestly say you have never been paid cash by a customer that you maybe forgot to report to the IRS?
I have had 22 heart operations. Was told at 24 that I would never work again. Spent 3 1/2 months in ICU had 6 surgeries, had an implanted defibrillator and a pacemaker implanted and was back to work within a month of being released from the hospital. Need a transplant now, many years later and I still work. Never took any handouts. No disability though I was entitled. And yes I'm half Mexican and my son's are 3/4 Mexican, oldest graduated NYU youngest starts at FSU in June.
And no, you didn't pay for their education. Their mother and I worked,saved and paid for it.
So don't say your not racist when you make a blanket statement about an entire race of people based on the actions of a few.
The only reason I even said Mexican at all was because that was how it was reported on the news which I thought was kind of strange. Everyone generalizeswhen speaking of illegals and calls them Mexicans even though many are from other countries, I suppose I should have said "Illegals " steal jobs every day. None of that was the point anyway. It was to make fun of the fact that people want this guy in jail for stealing bradys jersey and that it's bigger news then many more important things going on.

In fact the next day it was mentioned on the front page pointing to a large article in the sports section.

When we write things or text things, they, many times are taken wrongly or come across wrong. It happens. Plenty of times here I wonder if someone meant that the way it sounded. I have said here many times that most of my posts are meant as sarcastic humor and I will say it again. Anyone who doesn't like it can just ignore my posts no harm no foul. hopefully most people get a laugh out of some of my posts. as Jet fans we need it