The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors




Sponsors

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-22-2017, 11:46 AM
Cheaterhater's Avatar
Cheaterhater Cheaterhater is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Hartford, CT
Posts: 2,378
Default The "Real" Big News Today

So, I like to check the headlines of the Today Show before starting my day. Today, we had news of the wacko in North Korea launching weapons, Trump vs Obama care, the opening of Jesus' tomb in Israel after a $4000000 renovation... but all of that took the back seat to the biggest news this week. in Ct. they have talked about this on the news every day and also on the Today show. Can anyone guess what the biggest news in the country is this week?

Probably not so I'll just tell you. Some guy from Mexico might be the guy who stole tom brady's jersey. WooHoo. I'm so happy they might have found the guy. Mexicans steal work from U.S citizens every day and pay no taxes and most of the country wants to keep them but this Mexican steals bradys jersey and the they want him sent to jail immediately. Should this even be news?

Oh and by the way, something I never heard reported before. One time a long long time ago(actually last year), tom brady didn't win the superbowl and the guy who sacked him from the team that did win the superbowl had his helmet stolen be the same guy that stole bradys jersey. Yup, a little mentioned aside, Von Millers helmet was also found.

Now the Today Show is from New York... and I'm pretty sure New York has at least 1 team in the NFL and I'm pretty sure there is a big rivalry between NY and boston so I'm doubting to many New Yorkers give a crap about bradys jersey. Now if the jersey was seen being flushed down a toilet in Mexico , that would be news

and yeah I know this doesn't belong in the Jets section of the forum but I feel like we don't have much else to talk about
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-23-2017, 09:05 PM
TonyFtLaud's Avatar
TonyFtLaud TonyFtLaud is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,003
Default

Wow
We all know you hate the Patriots. But Mexicans too ?
Didn't realize you were a racist.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-24-2017, 08:50 AM
Cheaterhater's Avatar
Cheaterhater Cheaterhater is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Hartford, CT
Posts: 2,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Wow
We all know you hate the Patriots. But Mexicans too ?
Didn't realize you were a racist.
I wouldn't say that at all
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-24-2017, 09:12 AM
Cheaterhater's Avatar
Cheaterhater Cheaterhater is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Hartford, CT
Posts: 2,378
Default

See, in my trade , and the trades of many of my friends, illegals have ruined what we do. They come here, pay no taxes, drive with no licenses, have no insurance, and 3 of them will work for the price of 1 because of this. Then they take the money they make and send it home to have a house built so that when they go home thye will be rich. They don't even spend the money here. How do I know this? Because they are on every job site that I work on and I talk to them. Do I feel sorry for them for how they live in Mexico or where ever else? Sure but if they come here they need to be on the same playing field as everyone else. Right now they are just driving the price down for everyone else who tries to work legitimately and many times don't even do things right

Many people don't realize this because they are not affecting their jobs. If they were, Im sure that would change many opinions

One time we were building a stone wall and 2 guys showed up. one spoke a little english , the other not at all. The one that spoke english wanted us to hire the other guy and tried to leave him with us while he couldn't speak a word of english. It took a while to get him to understand and take the guy away.... and if we had hired the guy and then got caught, then we would get in trouble
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-24-2017, 04:51 PM
Gramoah's Avatar
Gramoah Gramoah is offline
Third String
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
See, in my trade , and the trades of many of my friends, illegals have ruined what we do. They come here, pay no taxes, drive with no licenses, have no insurance, and 3 of them will work for the price of 1 because of this. Then they take the money they make and send it home to have a house built so that when they go home thye will be rich. They don't even spend the money here. How do I know this? Because they are on every job site that I work on and I talk to them. Do I feel sorry for them for how they live in Mexico or where ever else? Sure but if they come here they need to be on the same playing field as everyone else. Right now they are just driving the price down for everyone else who tries to work legitimately and many times don't even do things right

Many people don't realize this because they are not affecting their jobs. If they were, Im sure that would change many opinions

One time we were building a stone wall and 2 guys showed up. one spoke a little english , the other not at all. The one that spoke english wanted us to hire the other guy and tried to leave him with us while he couldn't speak a word of english. It took a while to get him to understand and take the guy away.... and if we had hired the guy and then got caught, then we would get in trouble
I'm have to side with you on this one Cheaterhater. I grew up with and went to school with lots of Mexicans in the south. These were Mexican-Americans. They were born here and were US Citizens. I didn't hate or even dislike any of them because they were Mexican. We got along very well and did lots of things together. I do however have a very strong dislike for illegal aliens, Mexican, Honduran, German, Italian, or any other nationality. They are a large part of our economic problem for the reasons you mentioned. They reap benefits that they don't, or at least shouldn't, have any right to which comes out of our pockets one way or the other. They want us to bend over backwards to accommodate them like expecting us to communicate in Spanish instead of them learning English. Some say they do the jobs that Americans don't want to do. I've heard that nonsense. There are plenty of legal aliens, with green cards, who will do that stuff and that is the route they should have taken if they wanted to work here. Wow ! I think you got me wound up and this isn't the best place for this discussion. Sorrrrry Guys.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-24-2017, 08:55 PM
Cheaterhater's Avatar
Cheaterhater Cheaterhater is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Hartford, CT
Posts: 2,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
I'm have to side with you on this one Cheaterhater. I grew up with and went to school with lots of Mexicans in the south. These were Mexican-Americans. They were born here and were US Citizens. I didn't hate or even dislike any of them because they were Mexican. We got along very well and did lots of things together. I do however have a very strong dislike for illegal aliens, Mexican, Honduran, German, Italian, or any other nationality. They are a large part of our economic problem for the reasons you mentioned. They reap benefits that they don't, or at least shouldn't, have any right to which comes out of our pockets one way or the other. They want us to bend over backwards to accommodate them like expecting us to communicate in Spanish instead of them learning English. Some say they do the jobs that Americans don't want to do. I've heard that nonsense. There are plenty of legal aliens, with green cards, who will do that stuff and that is the route they should have taken if they wanted to work here. Wow ! I think you got me wound up and this isn't the best place for this discussion. Sorrrrry Guys.
I know. I'm not racist at all but illegals from anywhere are bad for the reasons you say. I've done plenty of jobs that People say no one else wants to do. Most of my darn life. That is bull. I've done a lot of roofs in my life. stripped them cleaned up the mess... roofing never made any money and it was about the hardest work we ever had to do but we had to do it because other work came with it. Now I would never do another roof. Every other roofer has a crew of illegals. I would make less money now then I did 25 years ago. Not to mention that my back can't stand it anymore. I could go on with stories about this forever but we are supposed to be complaining about the Jets here...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-24-2017, 08:57 PM
Cheaterhater's Avatar
Cheaterhater Cheaterhater is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Hartford, CT
Posts: 2,378
Default

Wait. Am I a racist if i don't like cheaters and most of their fans?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-25-2017, 02:04 PM
Gramoah's Avatar
Gramoah Gramoah is offline
Third String
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
Wait. Am I a racist if i don't like cheaters and most of their fans?
Naw, that's not racism. That expecting good sportsmanship and that's not too much to ask.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-25-2017, 02:15 PM
TonyFtLaud's Avatar
TonyFtLaud TonyFtLaud is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,003
Default

Your exact words were " Mexicans steal work from U.S citizens every day and pay no taxes"
That's a blanket statement made about all Mexicans. Not some illegals but about an entire race of people. That's ignorant and racist.
We have a large number of illegals here in S Florida as well but there are as many Americans, white,black, brown and yellow, recieving government benefits and working off the books. I'd be willing to be even more than the # of Illegals doing so.
Can you honestly say you have never been paid cash by a customer that you maybe forgot to report to the IRS?
I have had 22 heart operations. Was told at 24 that I would never work again. Spent 3 1/2 months in ICU had 6 surgeries, had an implanted defibrillator and a pacemaker implanted and was back to work within a month of being released from the hospital. Need a transplant now, many years later and I still work. Never took any handouts. No disability though I was entitled. And yes I'm half Mexican and my son's are 3/4 Mexican, oldest graduated NYU youngest starts at FSU in June.
And no, you didn't pay for their education. Their mother and I worked,saved and paid for it.
So don't say your not racist when you make a blanket statement about an entire race of people based on the actions of a few.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-25-2017, 03:48 PM
Gramoah's Avatar
Gramoah Gramoah is offline
Third String
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Your exact words were " Mexicans steal work from U.S citizens every day and pay no taxes"
That's a blanket statement made about all Mexicans. Not some illegals but about an entire race of people. That's ignorant and racist.
We have a large number of illegals here in S Florida as well but there are as many Americans, white,black, brown and yellow, recieving government benefits and working off the books. I'd be willing to be even more than the # of Illegals doing so.
Can you honestly say you have never been paid cash by a customer that you maybe forgot to report to the IRS?
I have had 22 heart operations. Was told at 24 that I would never work again. Spent 3 1/2 months in ICU had 6 surgeries, had an implanted defibrillator and a pacemaker implanted and was back to work within a month of being released from the hospital. Need a transplant now, many years later and I still work. Never took any handouts. No disability though I was entitled. And yes I'm half Mexican and my son's are 3/4 Mexican, oldest graduated NYU youngest starts at FSU in June.
And no, you didn't pay for their education. Their mother and I worked,saved and paid for it.
So don't say your not racist when you make a blanket statement about an entire race of people based on the actions of a few.
You did note, Tony, that my problem was with the illegals and not the Mexicans as a whole. We have added some Mexicans to our family as well. I can't speak for Cheaterhater but I was assuming that he was, in spite of the wording he used, speaking about the illegals. That clarification will have to come from him.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:08 PM. Custom vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Copyright © 2008 New York Jet LLC