The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / Scouts ?shocked? to see ?sloppy? and out of shape Muhammad Wilkerson at Temple?s Pro

Old 03-16-2017, 05:20 PM
Second String

Default Scouts ?shocked? to see ?sloppy? and out of shape Muhammad Wilkerson at Temple?s Pro

Reports from Temple's pro day are that No Wilkerson is incredibly out of shape.I wonder if this may change the FOs Outlook regarding Richardson.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:11 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Reports from Temple's pro day are that No Wilkerson is incredibly out of shape.I wonder if this may change the FOs Outlook regarding Richardson.
That's funny. In truth, I always thought Mo looked out of shape but on the other hand it could just be that because he's so big he looks out of shape. Maybe he actually acted out of shape and that's why they said that. I wasn't there so I don't know the details but it might explain why he was never able to perform at a high level for an entire game last season.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:14 PM
Second String

Well these are NFL scouts and coach's, so they are around big men all the time. Conditioning has been an issue with MO a while now and let's not forget his blaming the training staff at the end of the season for his slow recover and poor shape. I hope this inspires him to start getting in shape before camp.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:36 AM
Second String

it's looking more and more like he is comfortable with his new big money deal and has nothing to play for anymore

Richardson hates losing and will try hard to win.... although once the team is out of it he gets frustrated. A lot of guys , once the season is over, have trouble giving their all I think... and our season is usually over once the schedule is made. since Rex's 3rd year we have been playing for 2nd place in the division from day 1... and before that too
Old 03-17-2017, 11:04 AM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
it's looking more and more like he is comfortable with his new big money deal and has nothing to play for anymore

Richardson hates losing and will try hard to win.... although once the team is out of it he gets frustrated. A lot of guys , once the season is over, have trouble giving their all I think... and our season is usually over once the schedule is made. since Rex's 3rd year we have been playing for 2nd place in the division from day 1... and before that too
I think you hit the nail right on the head here Cheaterhater. He's got his money so to heck with the team and the fans. If he's as out of shape as it sounds he better get started right away if he's going to be ready when the season starts, that is, if he gives a hoot.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:16 PM
Second String

He can be released after this season so it would have made sense to keep in shape this off season. It's basically a contract year.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:20 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
He can be released after this season so it would have made sense to keep in shape this off season. It's basically a contract year.
Good point. Even if he doesn't want to be here next year he needs to perform well to increase his market value.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:24 PM
Second String

he may have just thrown in the towel once the season was hopeless like pretty much everyone else on the team did. When was that? After week 3 I think