The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 04-20-2017, 01:35 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
Agreed about Hack but like you say, we need to see more. Which reminds me, what do we do with Petty? Just cut him? Personally I've seen enough and don't see him as our future starter but he might have some trade value as a backup as the situation in the NFL and draft seems pretty dry at the moment.
If Hack turns out to be our QB of the future , keep Petty as a backup. Once his contract is up, draft a backup. No reason to cut him loose while on his rookie deal. If Hack stinks it up,cut him and draft a QB to complete with Petty next year. If Mac does take a QB this year, Hack and Petty will be on the trading block and who ever brings the best offer will be traded.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:09 PM
Waterboy

make the trade with the Browns and get their #12 pick. With their #33 pick, assuming we get that too, we draft D.Kizer who I like a lot. fill out all the other positions with our remaining picks hopefully OL. There's still available TE's to grab after Howard in the second round who would help us.

jf
Old 04-21-2017, 10:27 PM
Second String

Personally, I'd pass on kizer,
I think Peterman or Dobbs are better prospects and can be had later, around the 4th round.
I know Kizer has all the physcial tools but he is so inconsistent and just can't seem to put everything together. I think he lacks the mental make-up , especially to succeed in the NFL