The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / 2017 still way to early mock draft

Old 02-05-2017, 12:11 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
Hope you are good at catching long passes. Here's another one for you. Spent a lot of time in TJ myself and my next ship after the Ticondera was the Sarratoga. You guessed it I'm sure., home ported in Mayport, Florida where my brother joined me for brother duty until my next rotation. And you are right, youth is wasted on the young. I reminded myself of the good times as well. It was farther back for me. The trouble with watching these guys in college is that you never know how well they will adapt to the NFL. Some do it seemlessly, some need a little time, and, some never pull it off. Which ones do we get ??
Nice throw....
It's so rare that someone crosses from the west coast to the east but our locations so closely parallel. What was your rating? I was an FC2 . I can't imagine what Mayport was like when you were stationed there. It was still mostly dirt roads when I was there. Even Jacksonville was barely developed .
Lots of good times in TJ.
I agree with your assessment of the college guys. I had posted somewhere that alot of times the flashy big names bust because they are in the game just for the money and once they get paid they coast, or they have gotten away with breaking the rules and having no repercussions that the feel entitled. Once held accountable,it all crashes down around them.
The players to seek out are the ones who truly love the game. They will play hard regardless of whether it's a contract year or not.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:14 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
Same here I just don't follow it too much but my mother is from West Virginia and she got us rooting for the Mountaineers and Marshall. That's why I was more familiar with Pennington and Geno than most here simply because I've seen both of them play quite a bit prior to coming to the Jets.
Good to see you here Alndln
What are your thoughts on Geno ? Does he have a chance to make it or is his career over?
Old 02-05-2017, 12:16 PM
Second String

Quote:
Welcome to the conversation. There aren't many of us on here this time of year. This is my indoor season and when I'm not working on a book I spend a lot of time on line.
By working on a book, are you reading one or writing one?
Old 02-05-2017, 02:17 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
By working on a book, are you reading one or writing one?
Answer to your first question: I left as an ABH2. Second question answer: writing a book. Last book was published, if memory serves me correctly, in 2010. I'm taking a time out, sort of, doing research and coming up with ideas and creating an outline for a requested sequel to the last one. I'm not a very active author, don't do it for a living and so don't crank out one every year like well known writers. I do it mostly so my kids, grand kids, and great grand kids have something to brag about.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:13 PM
Second String

Quote:
Answer to your first question: I left as an ABH2. Second question answer: writing a book. Last book was published, if memory serves me correctly, in 2010. I'm taking a time out, sort of, doing research and coming up with ideas and creating an outline for a requested sequel to the last one. I'm not a very active author, don't do it for a living and so don't crank out one every year like well known writers. I do it mostly so my kids, grand kids, and great grand kids have something to brag about.
That's awesome. It must have been a great book if a sequel was requested. I'm sure your kids, grand and great Frank kids are all proud of you. With or without the book.
Enjoy the game tonight. Hopefully we will be watching our Jets play one of these days
Old 02-05-2017, 06:37 PM
Third String

Quote:
That's awesome. It must have been a great book if a sequel was requested. I'm sure your kids, grand and great Frank kids are all proud of you. With or without the book.
Enjoy the game tonight. Hopefully we will be watching our Jets play one of these days
Thanks, and hopefully that super bowl game for us isn't too far in the future. I'm not getting any younger.
I'd ask who you are rooting for but don't want to put you on the spot.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:50 PM
Second String

Quote:
Thanks, and hopefully that super bowl game for us isn't too far in the future. I'm not getting any younger.
I'd ask who you are rooting for but don't want to put you on the spot.
I'm rooting for ATL. It's not a secret. Freeman got a TD so FSU has been represented...
Hopefully we get there soon. This off season should give us a better grasp on the chance of that becoming a reality or if it will remain an impossible dream.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:05 PM
Third String

Quote:
I'm rooting for ATL. It's not a secret. Freeman got a TD so FSU has been represented...
Hopefully we get there soon. This off season should give us a better grasp on the chance of that becoming a reality or if it will remain an impossible dream.
Yeah, I'm rooting for Atlanta as well. It's going to be close.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:28 PM
Third String

Unbelievable. Atlanta lost because of a stupid holding penalty that took them out of field goal range and their defense gave up at the end. Sounds like a page out our teams book.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:39 PM
Third String

Quote:
Unbelievable. Atlanta lost because of a stupid holding penalty that took them out of field goal range and their defense gave up at the end. Sounds like a page out our teams book.
I'm just sick to my stomach. I think it's true, god is a Patriots fan.