The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / Bush family rumored to have made Woody offer to buy the Jets

Old 01-18-2017, 09:30 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by beresford View Post
Oh, the BUSCH family not the Bush family. I thought that Dubya was going to be the new owner.
Yeah Busch not Bush but couldn't edit the post title. Realized the spelling error but can't change it
Old 01-19-2017, 11:50 AM
Can't Spell "Geno" | Mr Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Yeah Busch not Bush but couldn't edit the post title. Realized the spelling error but can't change it
Tony, you can edit the title. I was able to do it recently from VI to LI on my Super Bowl post. My memory is you need to go to the advanced menu to do this when you are editing your post. Good Luck

I think buying the Jets at this time would make the most sense. You would be buying low as they say.

I am pretty sure a new owner can't be any worst than what you have right now!

By the way, I think the team should have considered Tom Coughlin who recently got hired by the Jags.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:59 PM
Second String

Thanks for the tip. I corrected the spelling error.
Woody has honestly tried but he has bowed to the media and fan pressure to overpay big name FAs and compete now. He has not been cheap but needs to hire a Football mind to oversee the Franchise. Polian, Jimmy Johnson, someone with football knowledge. Coughlin would have been a great hire but he was set on his return to Florida and was never in play for any other team.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:27 AM

Imagine if Don and Eric Trump purchaced the Jets while Donald runs the country. "Make the Jets great again"
Old 01-21-2017, 12:21 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjet View Post
Imagine if Don and Eric Trump purchaced the Jets while Donald runs the country. "Make the Jets great again"
I could live with that.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:19 PM
Second String

That may be the only way this team gets to visit the Whitehouse.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:30 PM
Second String

we could bring back Doug Flutie. I think Trump still owns him from the old USFL days
Old 01-21-2017, 04:15 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
we could bring back Doug Flutie. I think Trump still owns him from the old USFL days
Doug has to be in his mid to late fifties by now, but, he's probably still better than Fitzpatrick.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:01 PM
Second String

Any chance Browning Nagle comes out of retirement? Hire Todd as OC. In Todd we trust can be our motto again. Just throwing it out there.
On a serious note, one name I have not seen mentioned as a potential QB to target in the off season is Landry Jones from Pittsburgh. He has a strong arm, is fairly young at 27 and has played well when given the opportunity. I don't know if Pittsburgh would let him go but the cost could be low and the upside high. Would be a low key acquisition, avoid the media circus and he has way more upside than all the other names getting thrown around.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:04 AM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Any chance Browning Nagle comes out of retirement? Hire Todd as OC. In Todd we trust can be our motto again. Just throwing it out there.
On a serious note, one name I have not seen mentioned as a potential QB to target in the off season is Landry Jones from Pittsburgh. He has a strong arm, is fairly young at 27 and has played well when given the opportunity. I don't know if Pittsburgh would let him go but the cost could be low and the upside high. Would be a low key acquisition, avoid the media circus and he has way more upside than all the other names getting thrown around.
Hadn't considered him.Is he a free agent this year or would we have to wheel and deal for him ? Odds are that they wouldn't let him go anyway.