The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 09-06-2016, 09:09 PM
Practice Squad

Default Excuse Me - Is this a JETS forum?

I'm from Virginia now......Redskins territory geographically speaking. My Redskins neighbors are shocked, although I am never, ever surprised that so much of the content in a Jets forum is Patriots related.

This is of course quite disturbing for Jets Nation since the sad conclusion which must be drawn is that Jets Nation has for over a decade had nothing positive in its own house to even talk about and so instead it fixates on throwing pebbles at the block of granite that is the New England dynasty. ......why did the Patriots lose to Denver? ......... What will the Patriots record be after the first 8 games of the season?......why did Brady lose his appeal?..........does Brady's salary provide the Patriots with an unfair financial advantage?..........is Matt Cassel living proof that Tom Brady isn't as good as everyone thinks he is?......were the footballs intentionally deflated?...........why does Brady wear Uggs?..........why this, why that.

Instead lets ask why the Jets haven't played in a Superbowl in over 40 years. Why have they had hundreds (dramatic exaggeration for effect) of head coaches and quarterbacks over the same time that New England has had one of each? (Matt Cassel and Jimmy Garropolo excluded). Let's ask why our GM dumped a boat load of money on Mark Sanchez who can?t win or keep a starting job anywhere in the league. Why did we not groom quarterback over the two year period we rented Brett Favre? Why did the Jets draft Geno?

These are painful questions to ask indeed and so instead we choose to to rip into the Patriots. At lease in DC, the Skins forum is devoted to talking about why RGIII and Albert Hainsworth didn't work out. New York forum: Pathetic.....well in 20 years or so I am sure this forum will be suggesting that Gisele isn't as hot as she used to be. Looking forward to that.

Last edited by WalktheWalk; 09-06-2016 at 09:17 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalktheWalk View Post
I'm from Virginia now......Redskins territory geographically speaking. My Redskins neighbors are shocked, although I am never, ever surprised that so much of the content in a Jets forum is Patriots related.

This is of course quite disturbing for Jets Nation since the sad conclusion which must be drawn is that Jets Nation has for over a decade had nothing positive in its own house to even talk about and so instead it fixates on throwing pebbles at the block of granite that is the New England dynasty. ......why did the Patriots lose to Denver? ......... What will the Patriots record be after the first 8 games of the season?......why did Brady lose his appeal?..........does Brady's salary provide the Patriots with an unfair financial advantage?..........is Matt Cassel living proof that Tom Brady isn't as good as everyone thinks he is?......were the footballs intentionally deflated?...........why does Brady wear Uggs?..........why this, why that.

Instead lets ask why the Jets haven't played in a Superbowl in over 40 years. Why have they had hundreds (dramatic exaggeration for effect) of head coaches and quarterbacks over the same time that New England has had one of each? (Matt Cassel and Jimmy Garropolo excluded). Let's ask why our GM dumped a boat load of money on Mark Sanchez who can?t win or keep a starting job anywhere in the league. Why did we not groom quarterback over the two year period we rented Brett Favre? Why did the Jets draft Geno?

These are painful questions to ask indeed and so instead we choose to to rip into the Patriots. At lease in DC, the Skins forum is devoted to talking about why RGIII and Albert Hainsworth didn't work out. New York forum: Pathetic.....well in 20 years or so I am sure this forum will be suggesting that Gisele isn't as hot as she used to be. Looking forward to that.
And this welcome from Australia - take a WALK sunshine.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:52 PM
Starters

Quote:

Keep Walking..........
Old 09-10-2016, 04:02 AM
Can't Spell "Geno" | Mr Kazoo

Quote:

Ok I am no Dr. Phil, but I will try to answer your questions concerning the obsession over the Patriots. I sort of have seen the same thing with Red Sox fans concerning the Yankees prior to the Red Sox winning the World Series in 2004.

I guess its logical to blame your problems on an enemy when things don't work out. The reason the Red Sox went 85 years without a world series victory is not due to the curse of the bambino or the Yankees.

Like the Red Sox in prior years and the hapless Patriots prior to Kraft, these Boston teams had horrible owners. I think the real problem with the Jets goes with the saying a fish rots from the head. You can't expect continuity when you keep changing coaches and quarterbacks, that's obvious. This is the sad truth perhaps.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:21 PM
Practice Squad

"Keep walking". ...Profound response Einstein.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:47 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
I guess its logical to blame your problems on an enemy when things don't work out. The reason the Red Sox went 85 years without a world series victory is not due to the curse of the bambino or the Yankees.
This is a little bit disingenuous, if Jets fans were blaming the Eagles it might make a better argument. But in order for the Patriots (or Bills or Dolphins) to prosper the Jets have to fail. Every time the Jets look up there is one thing blotting out the sun, the team that automatically wins the Division every year (isn't it an NFL record this year?), coached by a guy who left the Jets after being their head coach for half an hour. And there is no sign of them missing a beat when Brady finally retires as Garropollo looks like a young Aaron Rodgers.

The AFC East is the most boring Division in football and if we didn't talk about the Patriots there would be nothing to say. Please NFL make it more interesting, let the Patriots play Giselle against the Jets and we can laugh along with the Bostonians as she burns Revis for a 60 yard touchdown in her heels.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:58 PM
Third String

Quote:
Excuse Me - Is this a JETS forum?
Yes, but this is the AFC East sub forum your posting in. This is the section of the forum where we discuss the teams that make up the AFC East. Just in case your lost.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:49 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by beresford View Post
This is a little bit disingenuous, if Jets fans were blaming the Eagles it might make a better argument. But in order for the Patriots (or Bills or Dolphins) to prosper the Jets have to fail. Every time the Jets look up there is one thing blotting out the sun, the team that automatically wins the Division every year (isn't it an NFL record this year?), coached by a guy who left the Jets after being their head coach for half an hour. And there is no sign of them missing a beat when Brady finally retires as Garropollo looks like a young Aaron Rodgers.

The AFC East is the most boring Division in football and if we didn't talk about the Patriots there would be nothing to say. Please NFL make it more interesting, let the Patriots play Giselle against the Jets and we can laugh along with the Bostonians as she burns Revis for a 60 yard touchdown in her heels.
well said my friend. and now the 3rd string qb comes in and scores a td on his 1st drive too. It's so ridiculous it's becoming funny.

had belichick stayed with the Jets would we be the cheatahs and win every game for the past 17 years? somehow I doubt it. we might be the cheatahs but we would never win all those games
Old 09-18-2016, 08:56 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
Yes, but this is the AFC East sub forum your posting in. This is the section of the forum where we discuss the teams that make up the AFC East. Just in case your lost.
no he's talking about me cause I never stop with the cheatah talk. You see I live in Ct. where 17 years ago you never heard of a cheatah fan and today every man woman and child outside of my family wears a cheatah shirt every day of the week and they can name every player on the team. tom brady and tom brady and then theres tom brady... and he got a raw deal. no way did he deflate any balls ever

and they all hate the Jets. so funny, if we beat the cheatahs every time for 17 years I wouldn't hate them at all. They'd be my 2nd favorite team
Old 09-19-2016, 09:02 PM
Practice Squad

You are making my point. You wear a cheatah shirt every day? Why don't you wear a Jets Jersey? You are no longer a Jets fan. Instead you have become an anti-Patriots FAN-atic.