The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 01-26-2016, 09:12 PM
Third String

Speed is the answer.
Even keeping one or two extra o lineman on the edge to try to slow the broncos did not work because Miller and Ware were simply too fast. The Pats thought process was simple, putting the extra blockers on the ends would force Miller and Ware to take a longer route to the qb. This allowed the Broncos to drop more men into coverage denying the open receiver leading to hits/sacks. Who designed this offensive game plan? Certainly not DeGuglielmo

Last edited by TonyFtLaud; 01-27-2016 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
Was this an impulse firing? Do they have someone better in mind? I guess time will tell.
a scapegoat
Old 01-26-2016, 11:01 PM
Starters

I for one think they should have kept him. Looked like 5 wayne hunters protecting Brady against Denver. Wouldn't mind more of that
Old 01-27-2016, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensJet View Post
I for one think they should have kept him. Looked like 5 wayne hunters protecting Brady against Denver. Wouldn't mind more of that
haha....wayne hunter
Old 01-27-2016, 06:48 AM
Can't Spell "Geno" | Mr Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Speed is the answer.
Even keeping one or two extra o lineman on the edge to try to slow the broncos did not work because Miller and Ware were simply too fast. The Pats thought process was simple, putting the extra blockers on the ends would force Miller and Ware to take a longer rout to the qb. This allowed the Broncos to drop more men into coverage denying the open receiver leading to hits/sacks. Who designed this offensive game plan? Certainly not DeGuglielmo
Tony you misspelled some words, but don't worry since this is a football forum I am not here to be an English teacher like others on this forum.

Miller and Ware were simply to fast for several reasons.

1.) They are fast to begin with like you said and were healthy.

2.) Because they had figured out the snap, they were moving before the Patriots lineman had a chance to get off their stance. This went with the crowd noise silent snap issue I brought up before.

3.) The Broncos had good pressure coming up the middle from their unsung interior lineman preventing Brady from moving up into the pocket.

4.) Offensive tackles as a general rule have quicker feet or better footwork then interior lineman. The only true Tackle the Patriots had Sebastian Vollmer was also playing with bad ankles.

5.) Since the Broncos knew the Pats were never going to run the ball, their lineman could tee off on the pass rush.

I think my list covers most of the reason why Miller and Ware were simply to fast. I would like to see the Broncos beat the Panthers, but since the Broncos will have only have items 1 and 3 on my list going against the Panthers, I think Cam is going to have an easier time. I should also add that the Panthers have one of the top offensive lines in football that may neutralize Denver's front. I do however expect Denver to blitz the Panthers more than they did the Pats.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:41 AM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
Tony you misspelled some words, but don't worry since this is a football forum I am not here to be an English teacher like others on this forum.

Miller and Ware were simply to fast for several reasons.

1.) They are fast to begin with like you said and were healthy.

2.) Because they had figured out the snap, they were moving before the Patriots lineman had a chance to get off their stance. This went with the crowd noise silent snap issue I brought up before.

3.) The Broncos had good pressure coming up the middle from their unsung interior lineman preventing Brady from moving up into the pocket.

4.) Offensive tackles as a general rule have quicker feet or better footwork then interior lineman. The only true Tackle the Patriots had Sebastian Vollmer was also playing with bad ankles.

5.) Since the Broncos knew the Pats were never going to run the ball, their lineman could tee off on the pass rush.

I think my list covers most of the reason why Miller and Ware were simply to fast. I would like to see the Broncos beat the Panthers, but since the Broncos will have only have items 1 and 3 on my list going against the Panthers, I think Cam is going to have an easier time. I should also add that the Panthers have one of the top offensive lines in football that may neutralize Denver's front. I do however expect Denver to blitz the Panthers more than they did the Pats.
You are correct Patriot ,I left the e off route.
By the way, to is spelled too , and then is spelled than, but this is a football forum so I won't correct your spelling errors !
I agree with your assessment of the Panthers O Line but have to add that the Panthers have a much better run game right now than the Pat's and Cam is a much more athletic and mobile QB than Brady. Both will factor into Denver's game plan.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:56 PM
Should Be Banned :)
Expert or Post Too Much - You Decide :)

Quote:
You are correct Patriot ,I left the e off route.
By the way, to is spelled too , and then is spelled than, but this is a football forum so I won't correct your spelling errors !
I agree with your assessment of the Panthers O Line but have to add that the Panthers have a much better run game right now than the Pat's and Cam is a much more athletic and mobile QB than Brady. Both will factor into Denver's game plan.
You went there lol. Bravo!
Old 01-27-2016, 01:46 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Titan View Post
You went there lol. Bravo!
How could I possibly resist ?
Old 01-27-2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:
How could I possibly resist ?
Good for you. Our pretentious friend needs to be placed properly from time to time.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:40 PM
Second String

GT put me in charge of the ban hammer for Patriot. Patriot has been harder on you guys lately then he has been on me. I'm ok with a forum vote on whether to use the hammer. Sort of like In the movie Gladiator when the emperor let the crowd help decide the fate of the gladiator.