The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / How do you view this season? (2015)

View Poll Results: How do you rate this season?
A great year ? 2 8.70%
A wasted oportunity? 5 21.74%
A season to build on? 11 47.83%
Same old Jets? 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2016, 10:09 AM
Waterboy

Well, I drank the green Kool-Aid twice this year;once after the 4-2 start going into the Raiders game, and again this week, only to have the rug pulled out from underneath me yet again.
Funny thing is I am disappointed in the loss, but not nearly as angry and disgusted as I have been in years past. Either I'm mellowing with age or just have low expectations born from being a Jet fan. The Jets did give me a reason to watch football in December, and being a lifelong Jets fan those years come few and far between, so I'm thankful for that. In looking at the Buffalo loss, and the season as a whole, I think we can safely say that with the ridiculously easy schedule, and all those close ugly wins, the Jets vastly overachieved this year and were never really as good as their record would indicate (remember, this is a team which ALL the experts in preseason predicted would win 4 to 7 games). In the end, this team was horribly inconsistent all year, and inconsistent teams don't deserve to play in the post-season.
However, at least the team seems to be moving in the right direction. Fitz, Bowles and company will learn from this season and it will benefit them immensely next year. I am optimistic about 2016 and see no reason why we shouldn't field a competitive team that will perhaps be playing in January.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:37 AM
Third String

I thinkn it was a huge success, compared to last year.. but taking into account a very easy schedule. I never thought we'd be in a playoff discussion.. but that said, this was the year we needed to take advantage and get in.. next year is going to be a nightmare. A lot will hinge on acquisitions and cuts... hopefully Mac can work magic again to improve. We need CBs.. Revis and Cro just are not close to who they used to be. .they are only good if we get pressure up front- and the 2nd half of season the D line sort of withered..
Old 01-04-2016, 12:29 PM
Third String

Default Several Questions for Next Season

While it's kinda refreshing to see some new folks on here with unbridled optimism for next year...this was "a season we could build on"....etc., I feel they haven't had their hearts broken enough YET. For some reason this morning all the pundits are referring to "Same Ole' Jets" today. They will fix one weakness, and three areas that were formerly solid will fall apart.
Some of the concerns I have for next year are the difficulty of the schedule; Revis, while very good, is no longer "Revis Island" (maybe Belichick saw this coming?); anemic pass rush; spotty special teams and Mangold's a year older. This last one really worries me because I remember a couple of years ago when he missed most of the season, the Jets just fell apart.
Also, Jets were relatively lucky regarding injuries this year. Look how decimated the Giants, Cowboys, and yes, the dreaded Pats were. I worry about Ivory, since there's a huge drop in talent without him.
While it was fun to have something to play for in December....a rarity with this team, the outcome was the same as a hundred times in the past.

Last edited by FortLauderdaleExJetsFan; 01-04-2016 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:55 PM
Waterboy

I loved this season and am very optimistic about next season. Find a future QB while holding onto Fitz and losing Geno. Upgrade a few more pieces where they can. I like the coaching staff a lot. I heard these radio boobs on ESPN NY this afternoon talking as if the team was built to win 'now', totally crazy stuff. As a fan I am sorry they whiffed yesterday, but come on, who expected this kinda' season to begin with? Looking to next season I am a happy fan.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:18 PM
Practice Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
We have 1.5 mill in cap space for next season , that's with the expected increase, Mac n Bowles will have to really work some magic to keep what we have together. Up and coming FA want to get paid!
Only way we can sign up n coming FAs will be to cut cro, Let Mo walk, get brick & snacks, to agree to a large pay cut. Restructure revis and a few other contracts.
BWAAA HA HA HA... Restructure Revis! That's a good one.
What world do you live in... Restructure Revis bwaaaa ah ha ha...
Old 01-04-2016, 09:40 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigjetsfan View Post
BWAAA HA HA HA... Restructure Revis! That's a good one.
What world do you live in... Restructure Revis bwaaaa ah ha ha...
He restructured his contract with the Jets before. Its a win win. He gets a nice signing bonus up front which spreads the cap hit out and takes a lower base salary. Looses nothing and gets paid up front, its basically an advance on his salary
Old 01-04-2016, 10:06 PM
Third String

a "tease", nothing more.

Next year they will have a more difficult schedule and would be lucky to win 8 games. They got the AFC south AND NFC East this year, 2 of the weaker divisions in the NFL.

Opportunity lost in 2015
Old 01-05-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:
We have 1.5 mill in cap space for next season , that's with the expected increase, Mac n Bowles will have to really work some magic to keep what we have together. Up and coming FA want to get paid!
Only way we can sign up n coming FAs will be to cut cro, Let Mo walk, get brick & snacks, to agree to a large pay cut. Restructure revis and a few other contracts.
I think cro and kerley are gone....thats an additional 12 mil
Old 01-05-2016, 08:15 AM

Quote:
He restructured his contract with the Jets before. Its a win win. He gets a nice signing bonus up front which spreads the cap hit out and takes a lower base salary. Looses nothing and gets paid up front, its basically an advance on his salary
I agree.....I think there is a better chance Revis restuctures than not.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:48 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstream1066 View Post
I agree.....I think there is a better chance Revis restuctures than not.
I think he would be happy too.
I don't think a lot of people actually understand restructuring. They see it as a pay cut only when its usually a creative way to manipulate the cap.