The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 03-16-2017, 05:32 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
Agreed plus he knows the playbook inside & out. We don't want to see him wind up as a cheap backup for Miami or Buffalo along with our playbook. Besides, given the proper shot he just might surprise us all. His biggest obstacle is fan bias because the weapons and talent are there.
I don't know how you can say he Knows​the playbook in and out. Morton is a first time OC and is still working out the playbook. We can only assume what system he will install, but as of now no one knows.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:13 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
I don't know how you can say he Knows​the playbook in and out. Morton is a first time OC and is still working out the playbook. We can only assume what system he will install, but as of now no one knows.
Yup Yup. That's the way I see it.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:36 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicjohnson1971 View Post
Why not 3 years of struggles, after all it's only been 47 years of struggles. Bowles & Mac just can't call a "do over" after 2 years on the job in a pathetic attempt to extend their careers...Come'on, man.

They were supposed to have a rebuilding plan in place from the beginning, that's when it should have started, from the beginning!
In fairness to Mac, year 1 he had Idzick's scouting department to depend on and Woody insisted on the Revis deal , remember the tampering ,and Woody wanted Fitzpatrick last year. He hasn't had an opportunity to build his team. Bowles is destined to fall. He just doesn't have the make up to be a successful head coach but we can't just keep turning over coaching staff. We will never get a quality head coach if we do.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:42 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by beresford View Post
We'd have to out-Brown the Browns for that, and I suspect that being the Jets we will JUST fail.
We're well behind the Brown's at this point. They have a solid O line, tons of $ and are loaded with early picks in a very deep draft and have a ton of picks next year too.