The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / 2017 still way to early mock draft

Old 02-09-2017, 05:04 PM

Not often I find reason to agree with Pats fans, but in this case I might agree to trading down and filling out our roster. Then throw Hackenburg to the wolves and tank the season and as they say 'suck for sam' as in Sam Darnold the sth cali qb who is predicted to go high in the 2018 draft. I know our current management would probably choke on their grits if they saw this but what do you guys think.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:08 PM
Second String

No doubt Sam has a great arm but he only played 10 games. I think it is a little too early to proclaim him the Savior. There have been other first year QBs who looked the part and never had the same success. Brad Kaaya comes to mind. He was praised during his rookie season, experts anointed him the future franchise QB and he is likely a 4th round pick at best.
Darnold has flashed but I'd like to see more games next season.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:14 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
Seriously CH, I am now wondering if you have Brady's stolen jersey?

I think the Jets should trade down, get more draft choices whose salary will be low. This will lead to a deeper bench, younger team, and who knows competition for various positions. You should study the waiver wire and consider players who have been cut by various teams in preseason.

However, your owner more interested in TV ratings and filling the stadium now, will get some free agents like Marshall/Revis who will hopefully peak your curiosity. He is hoping that these players will give you a false hope that the Jets may actually be good.

I have seen this act before from owners like the Sullivans of the Patriots who got local heroes like Doug Flute to get people in the stands. Its amazing how history repeats itself.
Brady's jersey was stolen by either a Family member of a Patriot player or employee or a member of the Patriot staff.
The latest is that it,along with the missing football may actually be packed in the equipment truck en route to their facility. If it is, the equipment person who stole it, likely slipped it into the equipment once realizing the situation had gotten out of hand.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Brady's jersey was stolen by either a Family member of a Patriot player or employee or a member of the Patriot staff.
The latest is that it,along with the missing football may actually be packed in the equipment truck en route to their facility. If it is, the equipment person who stole it, likely slipped it into the equipment once realizing the situation had gotten out of hand.
Its a wasted steal because as soon as it comes to light, they will get busted.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:15 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijet View Post
Its a wasted steal because as soon as it comes to light, they will get busted.
Nope. I stole it and used it to start my wood furnace. Burned really pretty colors too. Funny thing is , it seemed to cry just a little
Old 02-10-2017, 03:52 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
Nope. I stole it and used it to start my wood furnace. Burned really pretty colors too. Funny thing is , it seemed to cry just a little
I hope you used it as toilet paper before you burned it
Old 02-10-2017, 08:15 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
I hope you used it as toilet paper before you burned it
That reminds me of one of my get rich quick schemes. tom brady toilet paper. a bit disturbing but it could be a hit. of course then you'd have to give brady royalties which in turn belichick would use to lower brady salary and get more cap money
Old 03-10-2017, 07:04 AM
Practice Squad

Dump for Darnoud