The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 01-25-2016, 06:20 PM
Second String

Default National Holiday? or worldwide?

There is always talk of having a national holiday the day after the Superbowl. Mostly because every one stays out late and then calls out sick. Not for any good reason.

I propose a World Wide Holiday be declared the day after the Cheatahs are eliminated from the playoffs because there is no other day besides Christmas when the whole world is filled with this much joy and happiness!
Old 01-25-2016, 07:13 PM
Second String

and on my holiday there will be free beer for everyone!

Good beer for those who like good beer, and bad beer for the rest of you.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:34 PM
Second String

There are a lot of bitter Pats fans over here too. The rest of us are ecstatic.

I support your worldwide holiday proposal.

Old 01-25-2016, 07:49 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by estuaryman View Post
There are a lot of bitter Pats fans over here too. The rest of us are ecstatic.

I support your worldwide holiday proposal.
Are there pat fans there too? I'm surprised. It seems to me from everything on tv , radio... that outside of new england everybody hates them. I haven't heard anyone anywhere say they felt bad for brady today.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:28 PM
Second String

There are quite a few here, but there are a lot of Jets fans too. It's a mixture of fans from all 32 teams across our small island.

I know it's different in the States. Every area mostly stays loyal to their local team.

Old 01-26-2016, 05:33 PM

Every Monday should be a National Holiday.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:11 AM
Second String

Quote:
There are quite a few here, but there are a lot of Jets fans too. It's a mixture of fans from all 32 teams across our small island.

I know it's different in the States. Every area mostly stays loyal to their local team.
So what NFL games do you get to see over there? I imagine maybe a couple games of the week? Can you watch the team you like every week somehow?

I grew up with a tv antenna and NY stations came in so I watched the Jets and Giants every week. Now I have cable and my company doesn't have NY stations which stinks cause most towns near me do. Even with the same company. I still get to watch any Jet game that isn't at the same time as the cheaters and depending on who has the doubleheader. Usually I miss 3 or 4. I tried to use a satellite with the NFL package but my trees are too tall to get a signal. It worked for a while but as the trees grew I lost the signal
Old 01-27-2016, 07:55 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
So what NFL games do you get to see over there? I imagine maybe a couple games of the week? Can you watch the team you like every week somehow?

I grew up with a tv antenna and NY stations came in so I watched the Jets and Giants every week. Now I have cable and my company doesn't have NY stations which stinks cause most towns near me do. Even with the same company. I still get to watch any Jet game that isn't at the same time as the cheaters and depending on who has the doubleheader. Usually I miss 3 or 4. I tried to use a satellite with the NFL package but my trees are too tall to get a signal. It worked for a while but as the trees grew I lost the signal
I subscribe to NFL Gamepass. Sky shows a couple of live games a week here, and they are blacked out on Gamepass. A lot of UK fans have Gamepass.

When I first started following the Jets in the mid eighties, we had one highlights show a week, and the only live game broadcast was the Super Bowl. The only merchandise I could find in my area was in a tiny American sports store in Camden Town, crammed with memorabilia from different teams. That's where I bought my first Jets jersey.

The internet changed everything. Now we get NFL news 24/7, can buy merchandise online, and can watch any game we want. A lot different to how it was thirty years ago.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:53 AM
Should Be Banned :)
Expert or Post Too Much - You Decide :)

Quote:
I subscribe to NFL Gamepass. Sky shows a couple of live games a week here, and they are blacked out on Gamepass. A lot of UK fans have Gamepass.

When I first started following the Jets in the mid eighties, we had one highlights show a week, and the only live game broadcast was the Super Bowl. The only merchandise I could find in my area was in a tiny American sports store in Camden Town, crammed with memorabilia from different teams. That's where I bought my first Jets jersey.

The internet changed everything. Now we get NFL news 24/7, can buy merchandise online, and can watch any game we want. A lot different to how it was thirty years ago.
So basically you're an old fart like the rest of us on here.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:01 PM
Second String

Haha!! There are a few miles on the clock.