The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / Cowboys cornerback Morris Claiborne heading to Jets

Old 03-17-2017, 06:11 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Not a bad deal at all. Would have liked to see a second year but if he looks good, maybe Mac can extend him late in the season. If he doesn't, see ya.
With his health issues I believe that's the way it has to be and he signed so it's probably safe to say that he understands that. My question, might have crossed the minds of you guys as well, is why would a high caliber starting CB, and he is considered that, want to leave a team that is a real contender and come play for a team that everyone knows absolutely is not a contender ? ? ?
Old 03-17-2017, 11:08 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
With his health issues I believe that's the way it has to be and he signed so it's probably safe to say that he understands that. My question, might have crossed the minds of you guys as well, is why would a high caliber starting CB, and he is considered that, want to leave a team that is a real contender and come play for a team that everyone knows absolutely is not a contender ? ? ?
He's been plagued by injuries his whole career. If he can stay healthy, he will be a decent addition.

It looks like the Cowboys are moving on from last season's secondary, and Claiborne was shown the door.

Doesn't make him a bad player, just risky on a long term contract.

Old 03-18-2017, 10:56 AM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by estuaryman View Post
He's been plagued by injuries his whole career. If he can stay healthy, he will be a decent addition.

It looks like the Cowboys are moving on from last season's secondary, and Claiborne was shown the door.

Doesn't make him a bad player, just risky on a long term contract.
You're probably correct, but still, we were his only choice, his best option. ? ? You've got to admit, this is a little unnerving.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:35 PM
Second String

Quote:
You're probably correct, but still, we were his only choice, his best option. ? ? You've got to admit, this is a little unnerving.
Yeah, at the moment it is unnerving when any veteran free agent signs for us.

We'll look for some more depth at secondary in the draft. Claiborne has the experience to help youngsters develop.

Old 03-18-2017, 03:10 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by estuaryman View Post
Yeah, at the moment it is unnerving when any veteran free agent signs for us.

We'll look for some more depth at secondary in the draft. Claiborne has the experience to help youngsters develop.
I'm guessing that's the biggest reason they signed him. There are some good corners in this years draft that could benefit from his experience.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:21 PM
Second String

Quote:
yeah, you have to wonder why anyone good would come here unless they are getting way more money then they can anywhere else
Old 03-18-2017, 06:49 PM
Second String

Quote:
He had other offers, including the Ravens, I think he was looking for a 1 year prove it deal. If he stays healthy, he can get a multi year big money deal in 2018
Old 03-18-2017, 07:44 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
He had other offers, including the Ravens, I think he was looking for a 1 year prove it deal. If he stays healthy, he can get a multi year big money deal in 2018
Right and the Ravens did get Brandon Carr who is I think a little better corner and a whole lot healthier.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:52 PM
Second String

We haven't got loads of cap room. It's a small gamble that could pay off big for us this coming season.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:22 PM
Second String

We have nearly no cap room. It's as good a signing as we could expect. Personally, I like the signing.