The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors




Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / Revis : Playing for the Steelers would be a "dream come true"

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-15-2017, 06:36 PM
Alndln Alndln is offline
Third String
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Posts: 310
Default Revis : Playing for the Steelers would be a "dream come true"

That's what he said to reporters after charges were dropped on his assault case. Does that mean playing here wasn't his dream? Or it just didn't work out? Or is he saying this because he just wants to play?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/fe...-for-steelers/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-15-2017, 07:13 PM
estuaryman's Avatar
estuaryman estuaryman is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,111
Default

Pittsburgh is his home town. We drafted him from Pitt. Going back at the end of his career would be the icing on the cake.

Vinny Testaverde was a Jets fan, and ended up being our starting QB towards the end of his career.

It's more of an emotional connection than anything else.
__________________
The Four Horsemen Pick Em 2015 Champion!!

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-16-2017, 07:13 AM
vjdbbq1's Avatar
vjdbbq1 vjdbbq1 is offline
Practice Squad
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 74
Default

Screw Revis and the horse he road in on .
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-16-2017, 12:08 PM
Alndln Alndln is offline
Third String
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Posts: 310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by estuaryman View Post
Pittsburgh is his home town. We drafted him from Pitt. Going back at the end of his career would be the icing on the cake.

Vinny Testaverde was a Jets fan, and ended up being our starting QB towards the end of his career.

It's more of an emotional connection than anything else.
That's kind of what I was thinking and there's nothing wrong with that and its perfectly understandable. It just sounds a bit ungrateful coming off the heels of a long career here that he failed to mention the Jets in the same statement.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-16-2017, 01:38 PM
estuaryman's Avatar
estuaryman estuaryman is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
That's kind of what I was thinking and there's nothing wrong with that and its perfectly understandable. It just sounds a bit ungrateful coming off the heels of a long career here that he failed to mention the Jets in the same statement.
Yeah, Revis had a history of being about making his money. The contract holdout when Rex Ryan was coach. Then heading to Tampa Bay of all places for a big payday. He could be a major headache when it came to contract negotiations.

Revis in his prime was so good that he had the leverage to make big money.

Good luck to him. His best years are behind him, and not many of us are sad to see him leave again.
__________________
The Four Horsemen Pick Em 2015 Champion!!

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-16-2017, 01:50 PM
Cheaterhater's Avatar
Cheaterhater Cheaterhater is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Hartford, CT
Posts: 2,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
That's what he said to reporters after charges were dropped on his assault case. Does that mean playing here wasn't his dream? Or it just didn't work out? Or is he saying this because he just wants to play?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/fe...-for-steelers/
I'm pretty sure no one dreams of playing for the Jets... unless they have a screw loose ... or a strong desire to lose in the most horrible ways imaginable over and over again...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-16-2017, 04:15 PM
estuaryman's Avatar
estuaryman estuaryman is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
I'm pretty sure no one dreams of playing for the Jets... unless they have a screw loose ... or a strong desire to lose in the most horrible ways imaginable over and over again...
Cue the obligatory statement on draft night by our number one pick...

"I've worked hard all my life for this moment. Being drafted by the Jets is a dream come true."
__________________
The Four Horsemen Pick Em 2015 Champion!!

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-18-2017, 05:23 PM
Cheaterhater's Avatar
Cheaterhater Cheaterhater is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Hartford, CT
Posts: 2,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by estuaryman View Post
Cue the obligatory statement on draft night by our number one pick...

"I've worked hard all my life for this moment. Being drafted by the Jets is a dream come true."
while behind the scene he has his agent trying to find a way out of it
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-18-2017, 07:59 PM
estuaryman's Avatar
estuaryman estuaryman is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
while behind the scene he has his agent trying to find a way out of it
LOL!! I remember Geno saying something similar when we drafted him in the second round.

I mean, you have to say something positive when you put on the cap and pose with the jersey.
__________________
The Four Horsemen Pick Em 2015 Champion!!

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-20-2017, 01:15 PM
Alndln Alndln is offline
Third String
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Posts: 310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by estuaryman View Post
LOL!! I remember Geno saying something similar when we drafted him in the second round.

I mean, you have to say something positive when you put on the cap and pose with the jersey.
Now watch Eli get hurt and Geno bring the Giants to the Superbowl. That would be the kind thing a Jet fan should expect by now.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:00 PM. Custom vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Copyright © 2008 New York Jet LLC