The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 03-15-2017, 06:45 AM
Can't Spell "Geno" | Mr Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
I may catch a lot of flack for this statement but here goes. Watson, as good as he may be, isn't what we need. I don't much care who the starting QB is next season as long as it's not Kapernick, simply because I really dislike him, or Petty, or Hackenburg because they're not ready. They can bring in Cutler, Daniel, Manziel, keep Geno, or heck, even Osweiler. It really doesn't matter to me. I think that if Petty isn't ready to step into that job in 2018 we should release him. He's not a rookie any more. What I want to see is the "O" line built up so tough that no defense in the league can even slow it down and the defense made so fast and aggressive that offenses that we face go backwards more then they go frontwards. To come even close to accomplishing that we need to draft the right players on both sides of the ball and the QB situation can be easily be handled next season when the QB draft looks more promising if Petty or Hack don't work out.
You will not get any flack from me. What you are saying makes perfect sense. You are right about next year QB draft in my opinion. The Jets OL does need help, this is a good draft for inner offensive lineman who are cheaper than tackles.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
Even though many mock drafts have him going to Jets, I could see him chosen before #6. This assumes the Bears want him.

I think the Jets would be better waiting till next years draft that will probably be a better QB draft.
This ^^^. This team has a bunch of holes to fill and QB is just one of them.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:59 AM
Third String

Would go after the kid mahomes before i do watson
Old 03-16-2017, 07:15 AM
Practice Squad

DeShaun = Geno . GOD NO !!!!!!!!!!!!:
Old 03-16-2017, 05:41 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjdbbq1 View Post
Deshaun is just another Geno waiting to happen !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't advocate taking Watson at 6 but comparing him to Geno Smith is crazy. The only similarly is their skin color. Watson is a proven winner. Geno may actually be more physically gifted but Watson is much smarter, a team leader, has been compared to Payton Manning by teams since the combine for his Football IQ. Him and Smith are polar opposites. Smith shrunk in big games, Watson set records vs Alabama's all world Defense in back to back National Championship games and lead the Tigers on a last second drive to beat one of the best college Ds of all time.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:19 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
I don't advocate taking Watson at 6 but comparing him to Geno Smith is crazy. The only similarly is their skin color. Watson is a proven winner. Geno may actually be more physically gifted but Watson is much smarter, a team leader, has been compared to Payton Manning by teams since the combine for his Football IQ. Him and Smith are polar opposites. Smith shrunk in big games, Watson set records vs Alabama's all world Defense in back to back National Championship games and lead the Tigers on a last second drive to beat one of the best college Ds of all time.
Agreed. Watson may or may not be NFL ready but it's my belief that he is probably the best and most mature QB in this years draft. I would only pass on him because there are other players in the draft that can help us more.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:08 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
Agreed. Watson may or may not be NFL ready but it's my belief that he is probably the best and most mature QB in this years draft. I would only pass on him because there are other players in the draft that can help us more.
I agree. Watson has a lot of potential but likely needs a year before he starts. I think Watson goes to the Brown's at 12.
We have so many directions we can go in this draft it's really anyone's guess who we pick.
O line is very unlikely early given the lack of talent available. The best players are projected guards and we have Carpenter and just resigned Winters so I don't see an early pick going there.
Hopefully we can trade back ,add a pick and get Howard or Cook. Both would be immediate impact players and a big help for our QBs. I love Cook but think Howard fills an immediate need and we really need a TE on the roster. ASJ has shown nothing and now is going to be suspended to start the year. Plus Mixon can be had in the 3rd round as is one of the top 3 RBs in the draft.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:39 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
I don't follow college but what you say here makes me want to draft the kid... other than the fact that I would feel bad turning him into a loser
Old 03-17-2017, 11:17 AM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
I don't follow college but what you say here makes me want to draft the kid... other than the fact that I would feel bad turning him into a loser
I've checked him out and the kid seems to shine under pressure just the opposite of Geno and I think his stock is raising in the draft with all of the publicity he is getting. In spite of this he is still, in my mind, a project QB. He has the potential to be a starter but I don't see him as a plug and play guy, and, besides I think the Browns will grab him up anyway.......Speaking of Geno, here's a thought to ponder. The Giants are considering signing him.

Last edited by Gramoah; 03-17-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:25 PM
Second String

Geno makes sense for the Giants. He will be a fairly cheap backup and has potential. He never had a team around him here and when there were weapons, he didn't get to play. If nothing more, he is a capable back up.