The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / Are you happy with the "house cleaning" and why?

View Poll Results: Are you happy with roster changes so far
Heck yes 7 58.33%
Heck no 0 0%
On the fence 1 8.33%
Awaiting what's next 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2017, 02:39 PM

Default Are you happy with the "house cleaning" and why?

So I am curious if anyone feels good about this. I do being the JETS need to get younger and going after FA's year after year is not a sustainable way to build a football team.

Anyway I am looking forward to the upcoming weeks now that they jettisoned those hefty salaries

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." General George Patton Jr

Last edited by redexplr; 03-08-2017 at 02:42 PM. Reason: FF
Old 03-08-2017, 03:14 PM
Third String

The team has begun the process from which there is no turning back. They are "all in" to rebuild by axing our fan favorites like Nick Mangold to save some $. I foolishly believed that they could restructure his contract instead of tossing him out, so that he could one day retire as a "one team player" Jet.

The positive is that that in a few years, the team should be back in contention. Of course, the negative is that that it will take a few years for the team to be back in contention.

I will chant: We are not the Cleveland Browns...We are not the Cleveland Browns...We are not the Cleveland Browns...
Old 03-08-2017, 04:09 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by redexplr View Post
So I am curious if anyone feels good about this. I do being the JETS need to get younger and going after FA's year after year is not a sustainable way to build a football team.

Anyway I am looking forward to the upcoming weeks now that they jettisoned those hefty salaries
I'm happy so far, mostly, I also would have liked them to have tried to restructure Mangold's contract instead of just cutting him.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Practice Squad

What the are we doing ? Nobody , but nobody wants to sign here . It's all Woody's fault . Go to England and stay there . SELL WOODY SELL .
Old 03-10-2017, 07:02 AM
Practice Squad

Dump for Darnoud
Old 03-10-2017, 12:30 PM
Coaching Staff
Expert or Post Too Much - You Decide :)

Out with the old & in with the new
Old 03-11-2017, 03:35 AM
Can't Spell "Geno" | Mr Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redexplr View Post

I think they are doing the right thing. They have not gone after any high priced free agents yet. The Beachum signing is no surprise and its a low risk high reward move.

I would like to see them like the Browns, collect a lot of draft choices and keep their salary cap low like the Browns.

I know the Browns have been a stinker, but their recent strategy may pay big dividends soon for them in say 2-3 years. We will see.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:24 AM
Third String

While I like most Jet fans am a huge Mangold fan he is at the end of his career and I'm not sure it would have been worth it to accommodate him. It would have been delaying the inevitable and not really worth it watching him on a struggling team with a bunch of rookies.

As for the rest? It's about time we did things right.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:25 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
I think they are doing the right thing. They have not gone after any high priced free agents yet. The Beachum signing is no surprise and its a low risk high reward move.

I would like to see them like the Browns, collect a lot of draft choices and keep their salary cap low like the Browns.

I know the Browns have been a stinker, but their recent strategy may pay big dividends soon for them in say 2-3 years. We will see.
except the Browns are where belichick ships all his players who tick him off and then they never play well again while the Browns give beichick all their high draft picks in return who then become superstars
Old 03-12-2017, 01:28 PM
Second String

I am happy with anything that works. If this causes us to stink for a few years, so what, we would have stunk anyway.

but for this to work someone needs to be able to evaluate young talent and draft the right players based on that. Do the Jets have that somebody? I sure as heck hope so