The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 03-08-2017, 09:42 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverGreen View Post
Even better if we have to draft in 2018 not only is it an awesome QB class - but with the rest of the holes filled the QB coming in will have a young team to support his growth.

Furthermore, we could trade up in 2018 and grab a top pick at QB
I say, we volunteer to play the cheatahs 16 times next year then so we can get the #1 pick and finally get a qb
Old 03-08-2017, 09:46 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijet View Post
Try an respond to a few comments here, as for released players, no problem with Revis but would have liked to have seen an effort to renegociate Mangold (one of the best if not the best Jets player I have ever seen) and Marshall because he is a true competitor and dont be surprised when he performs for the Giants with a better QB and having the other guy on the other side OBJ, which he lost when Decker got injured, Enumawa aside.

As for the Pats - sorry but Bellicheck wont be the same without Brady, not saying he isnt asute just it wont be the same.

For the poor suffering ticket holders, prepare for a hard year, but if we can draft down or even suceed with our own draft picks and find a franchise QB in the next two years then it will be worth hanging onto your tickets. I spend $27k getting to just one jets game and I hope to see a second before i retire/expire lol.
I agree with you except on belichick. he will be the same without brady. In brady's time the cheatahs are 14-6 (11-5, 3-1) without him. If only the Jets could ever have a 14-6 record.

27k to come here and watch a game. Holy shitake!
Old 03-08-2017, 09:50 PM
Third String

Quote:
I didnt want hoyer and I dont want Kaepernick.

I think they should bring Geno back for a 1 year deal and have Manziel come to training camp and see if he can throw. Keep it cheap. Why pay to see what Hoyer can do - he sucks everyone knows it already. Let Geno, Manziel, Bryce, and Hack compete. Keep it cheap and spend draft picks and money on everything else. If we still have no QB then in 2018 draft (that is the best QB class in a decade).
I wasn't thrilled with Hoyer either. Manziel will implode in the big apple environment. He claims he's got his act together but I have a hard time trusting him. I could probably live with giving Geno another shot though. Who knows the new QB coach might just turn him around and it's not like we are likely to make the playoffs with an all new cast of players anyway. We could probably get Fitz back real cheap. NOT. I'll be happy if we wind up with a team that really gives it's best effort, for the whole game, to win.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Even better if we have to draft in 2018 not only is it an awesome QB class - but with the rest of the holes filled the QB coming in will have a young team to support his growth.

Furthermore, we could trade up in 2018 and grab a top pick at QB
This is my thought as well. It's pretty obvious that the team is going to be bad this season so stockpile picks this year, get some young players who can help and hope for the QB in next year's draft.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:08 PM
Third String

Manziel? Seriously? Why not go after Todd Marijuanavich... Manziel is a nightmare. Just let Geno, or anyone stand back there this year.. let the rebuild take shape.. whoever the QB is, will probably get beat up a bit.. so it doesn't matter yet. We as fans need to chill and let the rebuild happen.. don't call for Bowles' head in WIN NOW fashion. To really do this, it takes 3-4 years.. build a solid OLine, then go from there. Beefy, but SMART OLinemen.. It's too hard to rebuild in NY, because everyone freaks out, then the coach gets booted.
Yanks are doing it- and it will work. Jets can too, but we have to be able to settle for a year or two of struggles...
Old 03-09-2017, 01:06 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by csantilli View Post
Manziel? Seriously? Why not go after Todd Marijuanavich... Manziel is a nightmare. Just let Geno, or anyone stand back there this year.. let the rebuild take shape.. whoever the QB is, will probably get beat up a bit.. so it doesn't matter yet. We as fans need to chill and let the rebuild happen.. don't call for Bowles' head in WIN NOW fashion. To really do this, it takes 3-4 years.. build a solid OLine, then go from there. Beefy, but SMART OLinemen.. It's too hard to rebuild in NY, because everyone freaks out, then the coach gets booted.
Yanks are doing it- and it will work. Jets can too, but we have to be able to settle for a year or two of struggles...
Why not 3 years of struggles, after all it's only been 47 years of struggles. Bowles & Mac just can't call a "do over" after 2 years on the job in a pathetic attempt to extend their careers...Come'on, man.

They were supposed to have a rebuilding plan in place from the beginning, that's when it should have started, from the beginning!
Old 03-09-2017, 06:18 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicjohnson1971 View Post
Why not 3 years of struggles, after all it's only been 47 years of struggles. Bowles & Mac just can't call a "do over" after 2 years on the job in a pathetic attempt to extend their careers...Come'on, man.

They were supposed to have a rebuilding plan in place from the beginning, that's when it should have started, from the beginning!
Mac was misquoted from the start. He called a play action rebuild. We fake the original rebuild and turn it into complete misery...leaving the second rebuild wide open. Success!!!

Old 03-10-2017, 07:01 AM
Practice Squad

Dump for Darnoud
Old 03-12-2017, 04:41 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjdbbq1 View Post
Dump for Darnoud
We'd have to out-Brown the Browns for that, and I suspect that being the Jets we will JUST fail.

Last edited by beresford; 03-12-2017 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:01 AM
Third String

Not gonna say im "excited" but i do look forward to what the future holds for the team.long overdue process..now if only the knicks can do the same thing.