The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 03-07-2017, 03:44 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
Agreed plus he knows the playbook inside & out. We don't want to see him wind up as a cheap backup for Miami or Buffalo along with our playbook. Besides, given the proper shot he just might surprise us all. His biggest obstacle is fan bias because the weapons and talent are there.
I somehow suspect that our playbook, given the coaching staff changes recently, will be different. Still, it never feels good when we gets our butts kicked by a player that we released. It's kind of a catch 22 situation.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:44 AM
Can't Spell "Geno" | Mr Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
couldn't we still bring back Mangold at a reduced rate? I'd hate to see him as a cheatah but I'm sure he'd like to get the ring. Marshall may learn to cheat for a ring next year also. And no way he would drop a single pass if he did

Just 2 years ago we were planning to enter the season with Geno as starter and Fitz as backup. Sadly, with whats out there now, Geno for 1.5-2 mil might still be the best option. None of those other guys available in FA is bringing anyone to the superbowl unless they join the cheatahs
The Jets management so far in my opinion have done the right moves.

Worrying what a player will do with the Pats or any other team is non productive.

I want to see the Jets trade down in the draft for once. This a deep draft for secondary positions, so there is no need to be making 1st round selections here.

Even though this not a deep draft for offensive tackles, you have some good nasty interior offensive lineman also.

When looking at players, I would like to see the Jets look at players that can also be good special team players.

No big salary free agents unless its an offensive lineman.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:04 PM
Third String

This tread, reason to be excited, is probably the best place to throw out a wild prediction. Who do I think will be our starting QB in the upcoming season ? It's just a hunch, but, when I look at who is available and who is looking for a QB and what each looking team is trying to accomplish, I come up with Brian Hoyer coming to the Jets. Like I said, just a hunch. That is, of course,if the 49ner's don't give up on Kirk Cousins and take him first.

Last edited by Gramoah; 03-08-2017 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:44 PM

The JETS needed to do this and I feel sorry for ticket holders as they are left holding the bag. I heard that they aren't raising prices and will have extra "JETS" dollars to spend on snacks and hopefully lots of beer!

Red

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." General George Patton Jr
Old 03-08-2017, 03:07 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by redexplr View Post
The JETS needed to do this and I feel sorry for ticket holders as they are left holding the bag. I heard that they aren't raising prices and will have extra "JETS" dollars to spend on snacks and hopefully lots of beer!

Red
Hi Red, and God knows that to survive as a Jets fan we need the beer. In fact some games require that I hit the brandy.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:02 PM
Practice Squad

Screw a full rebuild . I'm still paying FULL price for my season tickets . And I'm not getting full value . SELL WOODY SELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sick of this bullcrap . Another uncompetitve , losing team . OH THE PAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Hoyer ain't coming here . NOBODY IS COMING HERE !!!!! WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO COME HERE ????? SELL WOODY SELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2017, 06:28 PM

Try an respond to a few comments here, as for released players, no problem with Revis but would have liked to have seen an effort to renegociate Mangold (one of the best if not the best Jets player I have ever seen) and Marshall because he is a true competitor and dont be surprised when he performs for the Giants with a better QB and having the other guy on the other side OBJ, which he lost when Decker got injured, Enumawa aside.

As for the Pats - sorry but Bellicheck wont be the same without Brady, not saying he isnt asute just it wont be the same.

For the poor suffering ticket holders, prepare for a hard year, but if we can draft down or even suceed with our own draft picks and find a franchise QB in the next two years then it will be worth hanging onto your tickets. I spend $27k getting to just one jets game and I hope to see a second before i retire/expire lol.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:41 PM
Third String

It would seem that the 49er's have settled for Hoyer putting their quest for Cousins at another time which means we will probably wind up with Cutler. Not thrilled about that but desperate as we are I guess we can't be too fussy. It could be worse. They might actually consider Kaepernick. If they brought him in that would separate me from the Jets until he was gone. He doesn't belong in the NFL anywhere.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:33 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
It would seem that the 49er's have settled for Hoyer putting their quest for Cousins at another time which means we will probably wind up with Cutler. Not thrilled about that but desperate as we are I guess we can't be too fussy. It could be worse. They might actually consider Kaepernick. If they brought him in that would separate me from the Jets until he was gone. He doesn't belong in the NFL anywhere.
I didnt want hoyer and I dont want Kaepernick.

I think they should bring Geno back for a 1 year deal and have Manziel come to training camp and see if he can throw. Keep it cheap. Why pay to see what Hoyer can do - he sucks everyone knows it already. Let Geno, Manziel, Bryce, and Hack compete. Keep it cheap and spend draft picks and money on everything else. If we still have no QB then in 2018 draft (that is the best QB class in a decade).
Old 03-08-2017, 08:35 PM
Second String

Even better if we have to draft in 2018 not only is it an awesome QB class - but with the rest of the holes filled the QB coming in will have a young team to support his growth.

Furthermore, we could trade up in 2018 and grab a top pick at QB