The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / The current state of the Franchise, how we got here and how to fix it.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:36 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
Like Tony, I got as much out of the military service as I put in. It was a very good experience for me. In 11 years I got to see a great deal of the world and got to interact with people from many different countries. There were some rough patches during that time but over all I have to say that I benefited from the experience. I have been in the process of remodeling an old, over a 100 years, farmhouse for several years. I do the work myself and it has been to say the least quite a challenge. I hate any kind of plaster work, especially over head. My hats off to guys like you that can do that sort of thing day in and day out. This project is moving at a very slow pace for both financial and time constraints. Materials are terribly expensive and during the good weather months I'm very busy outside.
AND.............HAPPY BIRTHDAY !
I grew up in a house that the main part of it was built in the 1860's and have worked in many an old one. I love them but I wouldn't want to own one. Too much work and money , especially when you are trying to do it yourself.

We hate doing ceilings too. We're not as tough as the old timers who went over the wood and then metal lathe though. Our jobs are over plasterboard which is hard enough on a big ceiling
Old 02-07-2017, 08:45 PM
Second String

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. We had a snow day , actually an ice day today, so I got to stay home with the kids. My 11 year old daughter made me breakfast in bed.

Best thing though, was she made me a card with a football field on it and it said "Dad Wins! patriots lose! Woo-Hoo! Dad you beat the patriots! Way to go! Happy Birthday"
Old 02-07-2017, 08:51 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by redexplr View Post
My 2 cents having witnessed the greatest super bowl comebacks of all time.

The JETS should look into the draft to get this team on track. I say try developing Hackenberg and Petty and see if they are the right guys and build a solid offensive line to protect them.

The JETS should realize that the Patsies are going to be a superior team for at least another 2 years (Note: As long as Shady and Bellicheat are managing things) so they should start preparing a team to take over after the Patsie dynasty is departed.

I also say dump the entire roster without specifically calling out any players so our GM and Coach can develop the talent they need to get to the super bowl and win it for crissakes!

Red

P.S.
How do you lose a SB after having a 28-3 lead, that is simply rediculous
A rare appearance by Redexplr this year! I don't care about brady because as we saw in the 1st 4 games , they can still win without him but I'm afraid belichick will stick around until he drops dead on the field and they'll just bury him right there. I don't think he would know what to do with all the free time if he weren't busy finding better ways to improve his espionage so we are doomed for a long long time. We may have to start cheating
Old 02-08-2017, 02:10 AM
Can't Spell "Geno" | Mr Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. We had a snow day , actually an ice day today, so I got to stay home with the kids. My 11 year old daughter made me breakfast in bed.

Best thing though, was she made me a card with a football field on it and it said "Dad Wins! patriots lose! Woo-Hoo! Dad you beat the patriots! Way to go! Happy Birthday"
CH Happy Birthday and you are still a young pup.

I guess your daughter is a real daddy's girl, very cute.

Now be a good father and don't let her grow up to be a Jets fan, otherwise isn't that child abuse?
Old 02-08-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post

Now be a good father and don't let her grow up to be a Jets fan, otherwise isn't that child abuse?
Congrats Patriot. A great game to witness.

Last edited by johnjet; 02-08-2017 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:29 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post

I don't know 51 is closer to death then to life

Don't worry, I don't encourage any of my children to do any of the things that I have done. In fact I don't want them to do any of the things that I have done and other than being honest and generally a decent guy, I don't want them to be anything like me. I want them to be better. Remember Mel Gibson in The patriot? "My sons were better men"

They can't help but hate the cheatahs though and sadly they call themselves Jet fans but lucky for them they don't pay much attention to the games

Last edited by Cheaterhater; 02-08-2017 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:34 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjet View Post
Johnjet. Every time I read one of your posts I think what a nice guy you must be. Too nice to have to root for this team I always think.

Don't be nice to patriot. be mean like me. His team stole Atlanta's playbook and then flew a drone over Atlanta's practice and taped it. They darn well better win if they go through all that trouble.

Nah. Go ahead and remain a nice guy but remember that nice guys always finish last. Our Jets must really be a bunch of nice guys then
Old 02-09-2017, 02:29 AM
Can't Spell "Geno" | Mr Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjet View Post
Thank you for your kind words.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:17 AM
Second String

Quote:
A babe in arms then. I'm 61, but the good thing about it is that I'm retired.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:54 PM
Third String

Quote:

Don't worry, I don't encourage any of my children to do any of the things that I have done. In fact I don't want them to do any of the things that I have done and other than being honest and generally a decent guy, I don't want them to be anything like me. I want them to be better. Remember Mel Gibson in The patriot? "My sons were better men"

They can't help but hate the cheatahs though and sadly they call themselves Jet fans but lucky for them they don't pay much attention to the games
Good news for you is that people are starting to live to be over 100 these days. So you've still got lots of time left. Personally I expect that I'll probably be shot by a jealous husband sometime after I turn 150. So maybe I've got another 75 years left.