The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / The current state of the Franchise, how we got here and how to fix it.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:40 AM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
Ha, it will be a shorter trip for me than it will for you. I think that these players, for the most part, are not even aware of the effect that their poor play has on the fan base. They are getting paid no matter how they play and when it gets near contract renewal time many of them think the team and fan base desperately need them and owe them a huge contract. I'm not 100% sure but I don't believe that there is a single member of the Jets organization that has been associated with this team as long as I have. I don't owe very many of these players my loyalty and from here on out they won't get it unless they earn it. Like I said before it's time to clean house and I'm willing to start with Revis. Most of us, feel the same way as cheaterhater, we get enough turmoil at home. We don't need to be aggravated by lazy, self centered players on this team.
You sound like Sonny in A Bronx Tale:

Sonny: "Mickey Mantle? That's what you're upset about? Mantle makes $100,000 a year. How much does your father make? If your father can't pay the rent go ask Mickey Mantle and see what what he tells you. Mickey Mantle don't care about you. Why should you care about him? Nobody cares."
Sad but true.
Now Sonny giving Mac advice on franchise QBs
Sonny : "Alright, listen to me. You pull up right where that QB lives, right? Before you get outta the car, you lock both doors. Then, get outta the car, you walk over to him. You bring him over to the car. Dig out the key, put it in the lock and open the door for him. Then you let him get in. Then you close the door. Then you walk around the back of the car and look through the rear window. If he doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in: dump him .
Mac: Just like that?
Sonny: Listen to me, kid. If he doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in, that means he's a selfish QB and all you're seeing is the tip of the iceberg. You dump him and you dump him fast." LOL
Ask anyone from the neighborhood and they'll all tell you the same thing.It's just another Florham park tale!

Last edited by TonyFtLaud; 02-07-2017 at 02:05 AM.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:52 AM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
Hey, you guys were in the military. If anything I should be cheering for you. My job is easy compared to that.

I always say,"rarely does anything ever come out perfect no matter how hard you try so you better darn well be trying your hardest at all times ."
Honesty for me my service was a great experience. My last 2 years ,desert Storm not as much fun but rewarding. I got just as much if not more out of my service as I had to put into it. Now years later, reflecting back. It was a great time,even boot camp . I believe it should be mandatory to serve after highschool if not going to college.
The thing is that you do your best to make it as close to perfect as you can. I actually did alot of renovation work before my heart started to fail and it was , for me , so rewarding to step back and look at a job when it was completed and just admire the transformation. It dulled the knee and back pain ,at least until it was time to unload tile and materials for the next job.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:07 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Honesty for me my service was a great experience. My last 2 years ,desert Storm not as much fun but rewarding. I got just as much if not more out of my service as I had to put into it. Now years later, reflecting back. It was a great time,even boot camp . I believe it should be mandatory to serve after highschool if not going to college.
The thing is that you do your best to make it as close to perfect as you can. I actually did alot of renovation work before my heart started to fail and it was , for me , so rewarding to step back and look at a job when it was completed and just admire the transformation. It dulled the knee and back pain ,at least until it was time to unload tile and materials for the next job.
It probably should have been mandatory for me after high school as I spent most of college drinking beer and raising heck. i ended up taking a year off and after not seeing a women for a year in my tiny town I went back to college to find a wife. Luckily I found a wife and graduated too so it worked out for me. I used to think was the toughest, but looking back I'm not sure I was tough enough for Desert Storm . Definately not tough enough anymore

so here's a football story.
My neighbor went to BC when Flutie was there. He then played nose tackle for the Broncos for 1 season before hurting his back or knee(I forget which) and ending his career. his brother was an official for awhile. Somewhere along the line he new Coughlin. Anyway...

He claims not to be a fan of ant team but he ends up at a lot of cheatah games. Somehow he has NFL contacts to get tickets still. He got his son , who was also a backup, backup qb at BC a SB ticket this year. So obviously when I see him we talk football.

so week before the SB I see him at church after not talking to him probably most of the season. He comes up to me and says "well I guess alot of people are seeing that it's not all just brady it's belichick and the people he brings in" I always tell him brady has so much time to throw that anyone could find an open guy and he always agrees. anyway...

I asked him what belichick knows that no other coach knows(besides how to cheat) and why don't the Jets just try and mirror what he does. He says belichick brings in "smart players" and ones that "don't like to be touched". He didn't mean like brady who cries if anyone touches him he meant something else. He told me a long time ago that some coach (and it may have been Coughlin, I can't remember)told him that if you go up to a kid and put your arm around him and he lets you, then you don't want him on your team. You want the kid who backs away cause he doesn't like to be touched. He will have a better football mentality.

the other thing that he always told me was that the cheatahs had the best strength and conditioning coach and how important that is.

I agree with finding smart players and I think that is what the Jets should be doing. Of course I thought that they had done that with Fitz and I was honestly for bringing him back which turned out to be a mistake. Let me amend that statement. I was for bringing him back if we weren't going to do a ground up rebuild. But either way, no qb could have won with this team. not even the cheatahs 3rd string qb or even their second string could have pulled it off. There just aren't enough smart players on the team

so I don't know who we should bring in to fix this mess but I am for finding a bunch of smart young players who will try to over achieve. Once we have that nucleus, I believe you need to sprinkle in a few bad arses who will relentlessly go afer the qb

but again. non of this works without a winning atmosphere which we haven't had since Parcells. Maybe a little in Rex's first to season but nothing like Parcells. He immediately sprinkled in a few smart players that created a winning atmosphere and turned the team around in 1 season. My main reason for hating belichick is because he took away everything that Parcells had turned around and brought it to the enemy
Old 02-07-2017, 10:29 AM
Second String

Quote:
on a non football noteI ,I for the most part have switched to doing mostly plaster. There is not much of it around but the few jobs are in very high end homes, multi million dollar homes. Most of what we do is in old barns that are dismantled and then put back up for some rich New Yorkers weekend home so I see some really cool stuff. Funny thing is that no one ever wants the plaster perfect. They want it to look old. It seems that since their are not many plasterers around anymore that people are in awe of it so you do get a lot of satisfaction when the job is done.

I have have remodeled me entire house in the 20 years, that I have been here. Made oak bifold doors for the closets, put up cedar ceilings on a couple cathedral ceilings, added wood floors, made all my own cabinets and furniture. I saved the bathrooms for last because I knew I would bring in some subs to help as I didn't really want to do the tile or plumbing and because bringing in help meant spending a lot.

I just finished my master bath and I did a no expense held back(within reason) job. I have seen so many crazy nice bathrooms in the houses that I have worked in so I wanted mine to look like them. I changed all the framing to make a big shower, made some simple yet impressive cabinets, my wife wanted arches so I made arches and used colored plaster and hand rounded all the corners for a unique look that no one else had. Plaster is weird. you either love it or hate it. I did the unfun part of the electrical, ran all the wires and mounted all the fixtures, but I let my electrician friend make all the connections and hook up the heated tile floor. I hired my tile guy friend who does the tile work in the high end houses with me and wow did this bathroom come out great. The tileguy kept saying it was nicer then any of the bathrooms in the houses that we work in. I think he might be right. It was the most satisfying job that I have ever done and it was at my own house. Of course there are some things that are not 100% perfect but I do my best to not notice them
Old 02-07-2017, 11:01 AM
Third String

Quote:
You sound like Sonny in A Bronx Tale:

Sonny: "Mickey Mantle? That's what you're upset about? Mantle makes $100,000 a year. How much does your father make? If your father can't pay the rent go ask Mickey Mantle and see what what he tells you. Mickey Mantle don't care about you. Why should you care about him? Nobody cares."
Sad but true.
Now Sonny giving Mac advice on franchise QBs
Sonny : "Alright, listen to me. You pull up right where that QB lives, right? Before you get outta the car, you lock both doors. Then, get outta the car, you walk over to him. You bring him over to the car. Dig out the key, put it in the lock and open the door for him. Then you let him get in. Then you close the door. Then you walk around the back of the car and look through the rear window. If he doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in: dump him .
Mac: Just like that?
Sonny: Listen to me, kid. If he doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in, that means he's a selfish QB and all you're seeing is the tip of the iceberg. You dump him and you dump him fast." LOL
Ask anyone from the neighborhood and they'll all tell you the same thing.It's just another Florham park tale!
Now this is a unique anecdote if I ever saw one.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:20 AM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
Hey, you guys were in the military. If anything I should be cheering for you. My job is easy compared to that.

I always say,"rarely does anything ever come out perfect no matter how hard you try so you better darn well be trying your hardest at all times ."
Like Tony, I got as much out of the military service as I put in. It was a very good experience for me. In 11 years I got to see a great deal of the world and got to interact with people from many different countries. There were some rough patches during that time but over all I have to say that I benefited from the experience. I have been in the process of remodeling an old, over a 100 years, farmhouse for several years. I do the work myself and it has been to say the least quite a challenge. I hate any kind of plaster work, especially over head. My hats off to guys like you that can do that sort of thing day in and day out. This project is moving at a very slow pace for both financial and time constraints. Materials are terribly expensive and during the good weather months I'm very busy outside.
AND.............HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

Last edited by Gramoah; 02-07-2017 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Third String

Quote:
Now this is a unique anecdote if I ever saw one.
Couldn't resist. A Bronx Tale is one of my all time favorite movies.And the Micky Mantle line just fit.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:42 AM
Third String

Quote:
Like Tony, I got as much out of the military service as I put in. It was a very good experience for me. In 11 years I got to see a great deal of the world and got to interact with people from many different countries. There were some rough patches during that time but over all I have to say that I benefited from the experience. I have been in the process of remodeling an old, over a 100 years, farmhouse for several years. I do the work myself and it has been to say the least quite a challenge. I hate any kind of plaster work, especially over head. My hats off to guys like you that can do that sort of thing day in and day out. This project is moving at a very slow pace for both financial and time constraints. Materials are terribly expensive and during the good weather months I'm very busy outside.
AND.............HAPPY BIRTHDAY !
I'll second that, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Enjoy and I hope you get to celebrate many more.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:50 AM

My 2 cents having witnessed the greatest super bowl comebacks of all time.

The JETS should look into the draft to get this team on track. I say try developing Hackenberg and Petty and see if they are the right guys and build a solid offensive line to protect them.

The JETS should realize that the Patsies are going to be a superior team for at least another 2 years (Note: As long as Shady and Bellicheat are managing things) so they should start preparing a team to take over after the Patsie dynasty is departed.

I also say dump the entire roster without specifically calling out any players so our GM and Coach can develop the talent they need to get to the super bowl and win it for crissakes!

Red

P.S.
How do you lose a SB after having a 28-3 lead, that is simply rediculous

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." General George Patton Jr
Old 02-07-2017, 12:53 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by redexplr View Post
My 2 cents having witnessed the greatest super bowl comebacks of all time.

The JETS should look into the draft to get this team on track. I say try developing Hackenberg and Petty and see if they are the right guys and build a solid offensive line to protect them.

The JETS should realize that the Patsies are going to be a superior team for at least another 2 years (Note: As long as Shady and Bellicheat are managing things) so they should start preparing a team to take over after the Patsie dynasty is departed.

I also say dump the entire roster without specifically calling out any players so our GM and Coach can develop the talent they need to get to the super bowl and win it for crissakes!

Red

P.S.
How do you lose a SB after having a 28-3 lead, that is simply rediculous
Hi Red. Welcome to the bare bones forum. In answer to the above question, you play like a Jets team, never for an entire game. They either start out slow and get so far behind they can't catch up when they wake up or they start out like a house afire and burn out before the 4th quarter and give the game away.