The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / 2017 still way to early mock draft

Old 02-06-2017, 03:05 PM
Second String

It was an entertaining game. NE kept doing what NE does, never quite and gutted out a tough win making history in the process.
The Falcons had a Jet like series that cost them the game. The Tuck rule almost came back to haunt the Patriots but Quinn didn't challenge the fumble.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:55 PM
Third String

Yeah, a lot of 4th quarter failures but up until then the Falcons played extremely well. Everyone knows that if you give Brady that much time he's going to destroy you. In the first three quarters they pressured him heavily but in the fourth they never pressured him at all. Just a case of the team not playing the entire game, a typical Jet action.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:39 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicjohnson1971 View Post
I'm just sick to my stomach. I think it's true, god is a Patriots fan.
God would never endorse cheating. Besides I'm sure God gets way more prayers from Jet fans asking for help then any other team. I'm convinced that God doesn't have time for sports
Old 02-06-2017, 11:47 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
God would never endorse cheating. Besides I'm sure God gets way more prayers from Jet fans asking for help then any other team. I'm convinced that God doesn't have time for sports
Falcons still have no championships, Jets at least have 1. As bad as we think we have it, Fans of Atlanta teams in general have it worse.

And yes, God gets his share of prayers from me. Changing gears, I already put in my prayers for my Mets to stay healthy this year.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:35 AM
Second String

Don't know for sure but I don't think God works that way. Now praying for the teams health for players sake , maybe, but praying for their health for wins? Maybe not so much.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:48 AM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Don't know for sure but I don't think God works that way. Now praying for the teams health for players sake , maybe, but praying for their health for wins? Maybe not so much.
You have to word the prayer correctly, Tony, like... God please give the Jets players the physical ability, endurance, and willingness to play every game to their full potential.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
Yeah, a lot of 4th quarter failures but up until then the Falcons played extremely well. Everyone knows that if you give Brady that much time he's going to destroy you. In the first three quarters they pressured him heavily but in the fourth they never pressured him at all. Just a case of the team not playing the entire game, a typical Jet action.
Agree, Proves that it's not how you start, it's how you finish. Falcon players got comfortable with the big lead and they ALL took their foot off the gas at once...it's human instinct.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:26 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicjohnson1971 View Post
Agree, Proves that it's not how you start, it's how you finish. Falcon players got comfortable with the big lead and they ALL took their foot off the gas at once...it's human instinct.
the only teams that don't naturally let off the gas in that situation are the UConn womens basketball and the new england cheatriots and that's a big part of why they win so much. For the record, I think the UConn women would beat the cheatahs in either sport. brady would feel much more comfortable crying with the girls around too
Old 02-07-2017, 08:30 PM
Second String

wasn't this thread about the draft?

With the 6th pick in the 2017 draft the New York jets select... the entire new england cheatriots team. When asked why they would do such a thing they answer "because we couldn't think of any other way to get them to lose then to dress them in Jets uniforms"
Old 02-08-2017, 01:53 AM
Can't Spell "Geno" | Mr Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
wasn't this thread about the draft?

With the 6th pick in the 2017 draft the New York jets select... the entire new england cheatriots team. When asked why they would do such a thing they answer "because we couldn't think of any other way to get them to lose then to dress them in Jets uniforms"
Seriously CH, I am now wondering if you have Brady's stolen jersey?

I think the Jets should trade down, get more draft choices whose salary will be low. This will lead to a deeper bench, younger team, and who knows competition for various positions. You should study the waiver wire and consider players who have been cut by various teams in preseason.

However, your owner more interested in TV ratings and filling the stadium now, will get some free agents like Marshall/Revis who will hopefully peak your curiosity. He is hoping that these players will give you a false hope that the Jets may actually be good.

I have seen this act before from owners like the Sullivans of the Patriots who got local heroes like Doug Flute to get people in the stands. Its amazing how history repeats itself.