The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 02-02-2017, 01:45 AM
Can't Spell "Geno" | Mr Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
If we don't fix the "O" Line we can scrape the bottom of the QB free agent barrel and be no worse off then we were last season.
Excellent point. Besides maybe I am showing my age but didn't the Jets once have a QB named Favre? He may not have been in his prime, but he was better than any QB you have had since. How well did the Jets do with Favre?

What would be the different today versus 2008? Ok the Jets were 4-12 versus 5-11.

Look having to play the Patriots twice a year and being in the same division is difficult. The Patriots will not be a dynasty forever. So lets say you beat the Pats twice a year because they stink. Would the Jets be a serious playoff contender then?

If you don't have an offensive line, having all the playmakers in the world will not help. In my opinion the Jets need to stop going after the high price players and look for bargain players that are above average. You need to evaluate and develop young players which I don't see happening. You need to get the players around the NFL that don't make NFL rosters in preseason and give them a go. What do you have to lose.

Can you name me at least 5 players that the Jets have developed recently?
Old 02-02-2017, 06:00 AM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
Excellent point. Besides maybe I am showing my age but didn't the Jets once have a QB named Favre? He may not have been in his prime, but he was better than any QB you have had since. How well did the Jets do with Favre?

What would be the different today versus 2008? Ok the Jets were 4-12 versus 5-11.

Look having to play the Patriots twice a year and being in the same division is difficult. The Patriots will not be a dynasty forever. So lets say you beat the Pats twice a year because they stink. Would the Jets be a serious playoff contender then?

If you don't have an offensive line, having all the playmakers in the world will not help. In my opinion the Jets need to stop going after the high price players and look for bargain players that are above average. You need to evaluate and develop young players which I don't see happening. You need to get the players around the NFL that don't make NFL rosters in preseason and give them a go. What do you have to lose.

Can you name me at least 5 players that the Jets have developed recently?
Favre was injured, and hid it from the team for weeks. If not for the bicep tear, that team would have made a deep run into the playoffs, possibly a Superbowl appearance. Mangini wanted him gone after the season and Favre went on to have one of his best seasons the next year.
Favre completed 68.4 percent of his passes and threw for 4,202 yards with 33 touchdowns and a career-low seven interceptions.

The Patriots have benefited from playing in the AFC East at a time when the Jets, Dolphins and Bills have been terrible for at least a decade. That's 4-6 easy wins a year. It helps alot.

Most here would agree that the Jets have to stop overpaying high priced free agent vets, especially those on a final contract. The O line needs help and that should be addressed in the draft. Possibly a free agent LT if young, comming off first contract. That being said, the O line was actually solid before injuries started to pile up and adding a LT and some depth is all that's needed. Carpenter is the only starter who stayed healthy for the entire season.
It might be a sound investment to have Petty and Hackenberg work with an acting coach in the off season. Petty gets hit late, hard,in the head and jumps right up. He should learn to be more like Brady. If a defensive player even gets near him,he should cry and tell the Ref he grabbed my P***y and cry. Automatic 1st down .
The Jets have had a terrible record of developing young players in recent years. The reason is two fold.The competitive rebuild mindset with loyalty to old under performing vets going way back. Mangini,Ryan and Bowles leading to lack of reps and experience for young players. Terrible drafting. Especially by Idzick.when you miss on 16 out of 19 picks, you cripple the team for years going forward. Especially when the 3 you hit on are average players at best.
Couple that with the turnover in coaching staff and it's nearly impossible for the young players to develop.
That being said, there are some young players who are actually developing nicely. Maudlin, Enunwa, Shell, Burris, Lee, Williams,Dieon Simon and Bishop looked much improved when they we given opportunity late in the season.Brian Winters who seems to be hated by the fan base has improved every season and was actually rated #1 in the league for the first half of the year until injuries started to decimate the O line. So yes I can name 5 players the Jets have developed recently. I also believe that some recent additions to the coaching staff,Greene and Morton will lead to a large improvement in the development of Lee, Maudlin and Bishop, as well as the recievers, particularly Peake Anderson , Marshallmaybe even Smith.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:08 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Favre was injured, and hid it from the team for weeks. If not for the bicep tear, that team would have made a deep run into the playoffs, possibly a Superbowl appearance. Mangini wanted him gone after the season and Favre went on to have one of his best seasons the next year.
Favre completed 68.4 percent of his passes and threw for 4,202 yards with 33 touchdowns and a career-low seven interceptions.

The Patriots have benefited from playing in the AFC East at a time when the Jets, Dolphins and Bills have been terrible for at least a decade. That's 4-6 easy wins a year. It helps alot.

Most here would agree that the Jets have to stop overpaying high priced free agent vets, especially those on a final contract. The O line needs help and that should be addressed in the draft. Possibly a free agent LT if young, comming off first contract. That being said, the O line was actually solid before injuries started to pile up and adding a LT and some depth is all that's needed. Carpenter is the only starter who stayed healthy for the entire season.
It might be a sound investment to have Petty and Hackenberg work with an acting coach in the off season. Petty gets hit late, hard,in the head and jumps right up. He should learn to be more like Brady. If a defensive player even gets near him,he should cry and tell the Ref he grabbed my P***y and cry. Automatic 1st down .
The Jets have had a terrible record of developing young players in recent years. The reason is two fold.The competitive rebuild mindset with loyalty to old under performing vets going way back. Mangini,Ryan and Bowles leading to lack of reps and experience for young players. Terrible drafting. Especially by Idzick.when you miss on 16 out of 19 picks, you cripple the team for years going forward. Especially when the 3 you hit on are average players at best.
Couple that with the turnover in coaching staff and it's nearly impossible for the young players to develop.
That being said, there are some young players who are actually developing nicely. Maudlin, Enunwa, Shell, Burris, Lee, Williams,Dieon Simon and Bishop looked much improved when they we given opportunity late in the season.Brian Winters who seems to be hated by the fan base has improved every season and was actually rated #1 in the league for the first half of the year until injuries started to decimate the O line. So yes I can name 5 players the Jets have developed recently. I also believe that some recent additions to the coaching staff,Greene and Morton will lead to a large improvement in the development of Lee, Maudlin and Bishop, as well as the recievers, particularly Peake Anderson , Marshallmaybe even Smith.
yup. if the cheatahs were as bad as the rest of the east then the Jets would have as good a chance as any at making the playoffs. just as if the 3 teams in the East were any good at all that would decrease the cheataahs chances of getting homefield every year.

funny what you say about bradys acting

Sadly, I think what you say here makes a case for keeping Bowles around for a while. It is hard to develop anything when the coaching staff changes all the time and even when you go into a season knowing that the coach might be fired at the end of the season as in Rex's last few years
Old 02-02-2017, 09:50 AM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
yup. if the cheatahs were as bad as the rest of the east then the Jets would have as good a chance as any at making the playoffs. just as if the 3 teams in the East were any good at all that would decrease the cheataahs chances of getting homefield every year.

funny what you say about bradys acting

Sadly, I think what you say here makes a case for keeping Bowles around for a while. It is hard to develop anything when the coaching staff changes all the time and even when you go into a season knowing that the coach might be fired at the end of the season as in Rex's last few years
As much as I hate to agree, it does makes sense to keep Bowles but only if he shows improvement. I really don't like his style of coaching and I don't believe he has the respect of the players currently on the roster. The clock management, lack of adjustment in game and blind loyalty to vets no matter what could improve but gaining the respect is going to be much harder for him. I think we have a ways to go before we are a legitimate contender so Bowles is safe for now but once we have a more complete roster , if he has not gained control of the locker room he needs to be fired. It will be difficult to get a quality Head coach to come here with a weak roster and revolving door at the HC position.