The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 01-31-2017, 03:45 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Kapernic has a better chance of landing here than Romo. Romo would cost way too much in compensation and Salary and I doubt he would consider playing here. Kap can opt out of his contact, has a good relationship with our new OC. Superbowl season was with Morton in San Fran. I don't want either but Kap is more likely.
You could be right.Romo would cost more. That's a given. Skillwise he probably brings more to the table but considering how fragile he is and the cost Kap would be the better bargain. I can't believe we are even discussing these options. Can you ? ?
Old 01-31-2017, 09:58 PM
Second String

Sadly, I can. Cutler will be in the mix again too but only if Marshall is released. All 3 are wrong but history shows us that Woody likes to "win" the off season. Kap made sense last year but the backlash from his political statements this season should exclude him.
Personally, I still think a low cost vet backup is the best option and I'm still not opposed to drafting a QB. Watson if he falls or Webb in the 3 Rd or 4th. We really need to take advantage of the strengths of the draft. RB, Wr and DB. All areas of need.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:04 AM
Can't Spell "Geno" | Mr Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
You could be right.Romo would cost more. That's a given. Skillwise he probably brings more to the table but considering how fragile he is and the cost Kap would be the better bargain. I can't believe we are even discussing these options. Can you ? ?
Tony Romo's cap numbers are horrible. There is no way the Cowboys can trade him without absorbing some of the money themselves would be my first observation. Otherwise he is an expensive backup.

The Texans and the Broncos have been mentioned. However Texas has an over paid QB that kills their chances.

This leaves the Broncos who will demand of Dallas to eat some of the contract.

Otherwise any team looking for a franchise long term QB would be foolish to sign Romo since he is so old to go with his prone to injuries.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:22 PM
Third String

The Broncos have already said they are not interested in him.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:26 PM
Second String

The problem is Dallas wants alot of compensation for Romo in the way of draft picks. Jones and Romo are very close and Romo would likely have alot of say in where he would play. Could Richardson and a 3rd round pick net Romo? It couldn't during the season, but now Dak is the man so maybe. I hope it doesn't happen. Sure if he stays healthy and some young players step up. With a solid draft we could reach the playoffs. But there are too many ifs and it would be a very temporary fix.
I know alot of fans are looking for an off season fix but it's not realistic.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:30 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
The Broncos have already said they are not interested in him.
The Broncos are not interested in trading for him but have said that if he were released,they would be interested in signing him.
Now read this but please don't shoot the messenger !!!
https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.co...-jets-fit/amp/
Old 02-01-2017, 04:59 PM
Third String

Makes more sense for Romo to go to the Texans... can stay in Texas, has a texas following.. etc. He would never consent to coming to the Jets.. He will have some say in where he lands.

We will end up with Kap... Cutler... Hoyer...type guy. It doesn't matter who our QB is until the OL is reworked. Any QB will get smoked.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:28 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by csantilli View Post
Makes more sense for Romo to go to the Texans... can stay in Texas, has a texas following.. etc. He would never consent to coming to the Jets.. He will have some say in where he lands.

We will end up with Kap... Cutler... Hoyer...type guy. It doesn't matter who our QB is until the OL is reworked. Any QB will get smoked.
we will end up with whoever can't get a job anywhere else because we are the last place anyone good or old or good and old or even bad wants to go
Old 02-01-2017, 10:34 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
The Broncos are not interested in trading for him but have said that if he were released,they would be interested in signing him.
Now read this but please don't shoot the messenger !!!
https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.co...-jets-fit/amp/
That's true also but they owe him a lot of money so probably won't
give him away. He wants to play in Denver so he can play against Dallas and many think he might get his way. It's no biggie. If we don't fix the "O" Line we can scrape the bottom of the QB free agent barrel and be no worse off then we were last season.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:45 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by csantilli View Post

What about Mark Sanchez...after all "He gives us the best chance to win the game"