Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 01-29-2017, 06:11 PM
Second String

Default New OC

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ve-coordinator
Old 01-30-2017, 12:22 AM
Third String

Good news for the wide receivers , not so much for Petty and Hack. Hope Bowles has a Google candidate lined up for QB Coach. Maybe George Godsey ,but since he was a OC candidate. Would he accept the job.
Morton has worked with some good coaches, Carroll, Payton and Harbaugh in San Francisco. Maybe he learned something from them but honestly this is not a good hire. No NFL play calling experience, never worked with QBs. Not what this team needs right now but at least the coaching staff is almost complete.
We can begin the search for Bowles replacement soon enough.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:58 AM
Second String

Looks like a body to fill a gap in the staff. Obviously the brass have the same 'high' expectations for next year as we do.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:22 PM
Second String

the problem, as we all already know is that it will be hard to get anyone to come to this team knowing that most likely at the end of the season it will get blown up

what's worse is that if Mac really is good then he will stay and have to hire the next coach, and again we all know, that anyone good will want total control

and again as we all know, as we are floundering through next season, the other team in our division will be winning at least 14
Old 01-31-2017, 05:03 AM
Can't Spell "Geno" | Mr Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
the problem, as we all already know is that it will be hard to get anyone to come to this team knowing that most likely at the end of the season it will get blown up

what's worse is that if Mac really is good then he will stay and have to hire the next coach, and again we all know, that anyone good will want total control

and again as we all know, as we are floundering through next season, the other team in our division will be winning at least 14
Pardon my ignorance, but didn't Chan Gailey tell the team before the 2016 season this would be his last season? At least this is the story being told by the Jets.

This means they had a whole season to figure out who their next OC would be after Gailey retires. The fact they are actually searching now for an OC tells me they are either very stupid or they are lying. I hope it is the latter.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:55 AM
Practice Squad

Now all we need is a goddamn QB .
Old 01-31-2017, 01:37 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjdbbq1 View Post
Now all we need is a goddamn QB .
I wouldn't be surprised to see Romo show up on our roster if he can pass the physical and get longer than a one year contract. The team he wanted to go to, Denver, doesn't want him. Here, he is guaranteed the starter position. I'm not saying that I want him here, mind you, I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:54 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but didn't Chan Gailey tell the team before the 2016 season this would be his last season? At least this is the story being told by the Jets.

This means they had a whole season to figure out who their next OC would be after Gailey retires. The fact they are actually searching now for an OC tells me they are either very stupid or they are lying. I hope it is the latter.
They are stupid but I bet they are lying here too.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:55 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post

It's an obvious lie. Gailey had said as late as week 15 that he hoped to be back but you never know in this business. He was the scapegoat for the QB Woody wanted resigned that Bowles was afraid to bench.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:59 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see Romo show up on our roster if he can pass the physical and get longer than a one year contract. The team he wanted to go to, Denver, doesn't want him. Here, he is guaranteed the starter position. I'm not saying that I want him here, mind you, I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me.
Kapernic has a better chance of landing here than Romo. Romo would cost way too much in compensation and Salary and I doubt he would consider playing here. Kap can opt out of his contact, has a good relationship with our new OC. Superbowl season was with Morton in San Fran. I don't want either but Kap is more likely.