The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / Could Tom Clements.be an option for the OC position

Old 01-29-2017, 02:20 AM
Third String

Default Could Tom Clements.be an option for the OC position

Tom Clements recently left Green bay where he has been a QB Coach, OC and assistant head coach. I saw the question raised about him being a fit for the Giants because of McAdoos ties to Green Bay but given the recent Greene hire , he just may be someone who should at least be on Bowles Radar. Having had a years notice according to Bowles about Chan's retirement plans. How could there be zero contingency plan in place. Unless Bowles is worried about an over qualified candidate becoming interim HC and replacing him mid season. His lack of movement is worrisome
Old 01-30-2017, 08:59 PM
Third String

I heard somewhere that he and Mike Macarthy had some sort of problem over the play calling duties. Not sure how true that is but as I recall he was also their QB coach and deserves a lot of the credit for Aron Rogers' success. I'd sure give him a go at it if he would even consider the job. Rumor is that he has other interest in mind.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:48 PM
Third String

John Morton is supposed to be the guy. Don't know what is taking so long for it to become official. No experience with QBs so hopefully we find a great QB coach
Old 01-31-2017, 03:32 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
John Morton is supposed to be the guy. Don't know what is taking so long for it to become official. No experience with QBs so hopefully we find a great QB coach
Hire Clements. He did a good job with Rogers.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:03 PM
Third String

Morton was officially announced today. I don't think Bowles got many return calls . No one with experience wanted the job so an inexperienced position coach with some upside in reality was the best we could hope for.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:24 AM
Second String

Quote:
Morton was officially announced today. I don't think Bowles got many return calls . No one with experience wanted the job so an inexperienced position coach with some upside in reality was the best we could hope for.
Right. this will not be fixed any time soon. I think the best thing we could wish for is that Trump finds a way to fix this country very quickly and gets bored and decides he wants a real challenge so he buys the Jets

Or Parcells comes back

or belichick goes on a spaceship to Mars

otherwise this team is doomed for a long time

I think we have to hope that Mac knows what he's doing , which could be, and that Bowles learns fast
Old 02-01-2017, 12:14 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
Right. this will not be fixed any time soon. I think the best thing we could wish for is that Trump finds a way to fix this country very quickly and gets bored and decides he wants a real challenge so he buys the Jets

Or Parcells comes back

or belichick goes on a spaceship to Mars

otherwise this team is doomed for a long time

I think we have to hope that Mac knows what he's doing , which could be, and that Bowles learns fast
I honestly don't see any quick fix for this team.
I do believe Mac has a plan in place but it will take some time. I'd say 2017 and 2018 will be painful but we should see growth. Some picks might not seem to make immediate sense but should pay off in a couple of seasons. 2019 we should have a very solid young team, hopefully ready to compete on a regular basis.
Bowles, I hate to say is probably not going to last past 2017. I don't think his biggest problem is with X's and O's. He just doesn't seem to have the fortitude to succeed as a head coach.
Of course this is all based on the assumption that we are committed to a rebuild and are not going to revert to win now.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:34 PM
Third String

Quote:
I honestly don't see any quick fix for this team.
I do believe Mac has a plan in place but it will take some time. I'd say 2017 and 2018 will be painful but we should see growth. Some picks might not seem to make immediate sense but should pay off in a couple of seasons. 2019 we should have a very solid young team, hopefully ready to compete on a regular basis.
Bowles, I hate to say is probably not going to last past 2017. I don't think his biggest problem is with X's and O's. He just doesn't seem to have the fortitude to succeed as a head coach.
Of course this is all based on the assumption that we are committed to a rebuild and are not going to revert to win now.
Especially because win now didn't work very well this season.