The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 01-23-2017, 10:18 AM
Third String

Default Bowles

Not ready yet to throw Bowles under the bus.... but the JETS NEVER should have let Dan Quinn leave the building after his interview... just sayin...
Old 01-23-2017, 11:50 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by csantilli View Post
Not ready yet to throw Bowles under the bus.... but the JETS NEVER should have let Dan Quinn leave the building after his interview... just sayin...
C'mon, surely this isn't your first rodeo? You must know that IF Quinn had chosen to turn down the Falcons with their franchise QB and come to the Jets with the carousel here, we would currently be discussing whether Quinn should be sacked whilst Bowles would be a defensive genius for taking the Falcons into the Superbowl.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:50 PM
Second String

Quote:
Look I got a lot of issues with Bowles - no doubt - Just read my many posts. But Quinn is yet another defensive coach that would of flaked with the Jets.

Its easy to go to Atlanta with Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, and one of the best lines in football and goto the SB.

They just compared Falcons and Pats to Jets. Ryan has nearly 5000 yards and only 7 interceptions this year. Their line averages 80 on score. Jets on the other hand has had only 2 consistent starters this season since preseason (carpenter and winters) and an average score of 52. Atlanta only has one linemen on the entire team with a score below 75. And name a WR we have on the team that is anywhere near JJ? Hes a freak. Oh and lets not talk about their pass rush talent. We dont even have a viable pass rush so we make our DE (Richardson) play OLB.

I am not defending Bowles - but this team is devoid of talent. Idzok decimated the Jets - Mac had to salvage a train wreck which will take years. He got lucky last year when Fitz didnt play like Fitz and Marshall and Decker had career years. But then Fitz reverted, Decker got injured, Marshall went nuts, Brick retired, Forte stunk, Revis decided to count his money and polish his pats ring, and Chan got bored.

Jets suck - Bowles has a lot to learn and to grow up into the role, but this team is a train wreck. We are like a victim of spousal abuse. We were down and out under Mr T's final year and then Idzik came and poisoned this franchise to death. You dont fix that in a year or two - we talking 5 or 6 year rebuild.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:49 AM
Third String

Bowles is a D guy.... do you all really think he used the personnel properly? 4-3 vs 3-4... Age old discussion... do you implement your D and make guys fit it, or design your D to fit the guys you have? Being a former D back, I really thought he'd have better performance from the DBs he has. If he didn't see the talent, then why didn't we get them?
Old 01-24-2017, 09:46 AM
Second String

Next season we will spend calling for Bowles head and watching the cheatahs win 14 Again. Heck they may even get the undefeated Superbowl season finally. The only thing they are missing

Nothing we can do about it, its the circle of life or death for this team
Old 01-24-2017, 09:49 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverGreen View Post
Look I got a lot of issues with Bowles - no doubt - Just read my many posts. But Quinn is yet another defensive coach that would of flaked with the Jets.

Its easy to go to Atlanta with Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, and one of the best lines in football and goto the SB.

They just compared Falcons and Pats to Jets. Ryan has nearly 5000 yards and only 7 interceptions this year. Their line averages 80 on score. Jets on the other hand has had only 2 consistent starters this season since preseason (carpenter and winters) and an average score of 52. Atlanta only has one linemen on the entire team with a score below 75. And name a WR we have on the team that is anywhere near JJ? Hes a freak. Oh and lets not talk about their pass rush talent. We dont even have a viable pass rush so we make our DE (Richardson) play OLB.

I am not defending Bowles - but this team is devoid of talent. Idzok decimated the Jets - Mac had to salvage a train wreck which will take years. He got lucky last year when Fitz didnt play like Fitz and Marshall and Decker had career years. But then Fitz reverted, Decker got injured, Marshall went nuts, Brick retired, Forte stunk, Revis decided to count his money and polish his pats ring, and Chan got bored.

Jets suck - Bowles has a lot to learn and to grow up into the role, but this team is a train wreck. We are like a victim of spousal abuse. We were down and out under Mr T's final year and then Idzik came and poisoned this franchise to death. You dont fix that in a year or two - we talking 5 or 6 year rebuild.
Sadly, all those good things that you point out about Atlanta will be made invisible in 2 weeks...and the Jets will still stink
Old 01-25-2017, 01:13 AM
Second String

The Jets couldn't hire Quinn when they interviewed him, could not even make an offer as he was still under contract with Seattle who were still playing at the time. Bowles came available after getting knocked out of the playoffs and Quinn's preference to coach the Falcons was well known so Bowles was hired.
He has to make major strides in the coming season or he should be fired. For starters, he has to get involved with the entire team,hence the title of head coach. He needs to at least know what's going on with the offense,attend meetings and communicate with the players regularly.
He must improve his clock management.
He has to learn to adjust. Both in game and throughout the season.
He must above all install discipline. I don't know how he can accomplish the last after allowing the lack of to fester for his first 2 years.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:58 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
Sadly, all those good things that you point out about Atlanta will be made invisible in 2 weeks...and the Jets will still stink
Sad but true
Old 02-01-2017, 04:56 PM
Third String

Cheater- Falcons will win Sunday...just watch..
Old 02-01-2017, 05:30 PM
Second String

Quote:
Cheater- Falcons will win Sunday...just watch..
I hope you are right. I hate being wrong about anything but this is the one thing I would be happy to be wrong about.