The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors




Sponsors

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-23-2017, 10:18 AM
csantilli csantilli is offline
Third String
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY area
Posts: 268
Default Bowles

Not ready yet to throw Bowles under the bus.... but the JETS NEVER should have let Dan Quinn leave the building after his interview... just sayin...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-23-2017, 11:50 AM
beresford beresford is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Birmingham England
Posts: 1,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csantilli View Post
Not ready yet to throw Bowles under the bus.... but the JETS NEVER should have let Dan Quinn leave the building after his interview... just sayin...
C'mon, surely this isn't your first rodeo? You must know that IF Quinn had chosen to turn down the Falcons with their franchise QB and come to the Jets with the carousel here, we would currently be discussing whether Quinn should be sacked whilst Bowles would be a defensive genius for taking the Falcons into the Superbowl.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-23-2017, 10:50 PM
ForeverGreen ForeverGreen is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csantilli View Post
Not ready yet to throw Bowles under the bus.... but the JETS NEVER should have let Dan Quinn leave the building after his interview... just sayin...
Look I got a lot of issues with Bowles - no doubt - Just read my many posts. But Quinn is yet another defensive coach that would of flaked with the Jets.

Its easy to go to Atlanta with Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, and one of the best lines in football and goto the SB.

They just compared Falcons and Pats to Jets. Ryan has nearly 5000 yards and only 7 interceptions this year. Their line averages 80 on score. Jets on the other hand has had only 2 consistent starters this season since preseason (carpenter and winters) and an average score of 52. Atlanta only has one linemen on the entire team with a score below 75. And name a WR we have on the team that is anywhere near JJ? Hes a freak. Oh and lets not talk about their pass rush talent. We dont even have a viable pass rush so we make our DE (Richardson) play OLB.

I am not defending Bowles - but this team is devoid of talent. Idzok decimated the Jets - Mac had to salvage a train wreck which will take years. He got lucky last year when Fitz didnt play like Fitz and Marshall and Decker had career years. But then Fitz reverted, Decker got injured, Marshall went nuts, Brick retired, Forte stunk, Revis decided to count his money and polish his pats ring, and Chan got bored.

Jets suck - Bowles has a lot to learn and to grow up into the role, but this team is a train wreck. We are like a victim of spousal abuse. We were down and out under Mr T's final year and then Idzik came and poisoned this franchise to death. You dont fix that in a year or two - we talking 5 or 6 year rebuild.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-24-2017, 08:49 AM
csantilli csantilli is offline
Third String
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY area
Posts: 268
Default

Bowles is a D guy.... do you all really think he used the personnel properly? 4-3 vs 3-4... Age old discussion... do you implement your D and make guys fit it, or design your D to fit the guys you have? Being a former D back, I really thought he'd have better performance from the DBs he has. If he didn't see the talent, then why didn't we get them?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-24-2017, 09:46 AM
Cheaterhater's Avatar
Cheaterhater Cheaterhater is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Hartford, CT
Posts: 2,378
Default

Next season we will spend calling for Bowles head and watching the cheatahs win 14 Again. Heck they may even get the undefeated Superbowl season finally. The only thing they are missing

Nothing we can do about it, its the circle of life or death for this team
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-24-2017, 09:49 AM
Cheaterhater's Avatar
Cheaterhater Cheaterhater is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Hartford, CT
Posts: 2,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverGreen View Post
Look I got a lot of issues with Bowles - no doubt - Just read my many posts. But Quinn is yet another defensive coach that would of flaked with the Jets.

Its easy to go to Atlanta with Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, and one of the best lines in football and goto the SB.

They just compared Falcons and Pats to Jets. Ryan has nearly 5000 yards and only 7 interceptions this year. Their line averages 80 on score. Jets on the other hand has had only 2 consistent starters this season since preseason (carpenter and winters) and an average score of 52. Atlanta only has one linemen on the entire team with a score below 75. And name a WR we have on the team that is anywhere near JJ? Hes a freak. Oh and lets not talk about their pass rush talent. We dont even have a viable pass rush so we make our DE (Richardson) play OLB.

I am not defending Bowles - but this team is devoid of talent. Idzok decimated the Jets - Mac had to salvage a train wreck which will take years. He got lucky last year when Fitz didnt play like Fitz and Marshall and Decker had career years. But then Fitz reverted, Decker got injured, Marshall went nuts, Brick retired, Forte stunk, Revis decided to count his money and polish his pats ring, and Chan got bored.

Jets suck - Bowles has a lot to learn and to grow up into the role, but this team is a train wreck. We are like a victim of spousal abuse. We were down and out under Mr T's final year and then Idzik came and poisoned this franchise to death. You dont fix that in a year or two - we talking 5 or 6 year rebuild.
Sadly, all those good things that you point out about Atlanta will be made invisible in 2 weeks...and the Jets will still stink
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-25-2017, 01:13 AM
TonyFtLaud's Avatar
TonyFtLaud TonyFtLaud is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,028
Default

The Jets couldn't hire Quinn when they interviewed him, could not even make an offer as he was still under contract with Seattle who were still playing at the time. Bowles came available after getting knocked out of the playoffs and Quinn's preference to coach the Falcons was well known so Bowles was hired.
He has to make major strides in the coming season or he should be fired. For starters, he has to get involved with the entire team,hence the title of head coach. He needs to at least know what's going on with the offense,attend meetings and communicate with the players regularly.
He must improve his clock management.
He has to learn to adjust. Both in game and throughout the season.
He must above all install discipline. I don't know how he can accomplish the last after allowing the lack of to fester for his first 2 years.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-26-2017, 08:58 PM
ForeverGreen ForeverGreen is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
Sadly, all those good things that you point out about Atlanta will be made invisible in 2 weeks...and the Jets will still stink
Sad but true
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-01-2017, 04:56 PM
csantilli csantilli is offline
Third String
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY area
Posts: 268
Default

Cheater- Falcons will win Sunday...just watch..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-01-2017, 05:30 PM
Cheaterhater's Avatar
Cheaterhater Cheaterhater is offline
Second String
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Hartford, CT
Posts: 2,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csantilli View Post
Cheater- Falcons will win Sunday...just watch..
I hope you are right. I hate being wrong about anything but this is the one thing I would be happy to be wrong about.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:29 PM. Custom vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Copyright © 2008 New York Jet LLC