The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / Bush family rumored to have made Woody offer to buy the Jets

Old 01-16-2017, 05:46 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterscotch View Post
As a long time Baseball Cardinal fan I would not like it at all. The Cardinals after Augie dies were poorly run...

BUT

Mr. William DeWitt, Jr. the current owner of the Cards would be a great owner for the jets. Be it in NY or Saint Louis
That's the fella!! Bill DeWitt. Come and run our Jets the right way!!!

Old 01-16-2017, 05:54 PM

Cant see this happening if the team left NY, jersey and half of brooklyn would be up in arms. I personally would not follow a St Louis Jets team.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:08 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijet View Post
Cant see this happening if the team left NY, jersey and half of brooklyn would be up in arms. I personally would not follow a St Louis Jets team.
Why would they care in St Louis about any of that?

As others have said, another franchise would relocate to the void in the lucrative New York market like a shot. Which is why it is so frustrating that the Jets have made so little of that position for so long.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:15 PM
Second String

Good to see you Kiwi.

I would be all for someone like DeWitt taking over if we stayed here.

OK, so Bill DeWitt bought the Cardinals, along with Stephen and Frederick Brauer, in 1995 from Anheuser Busch.

He has also held shares in the Cincinnati Bengals, was an investor in the Cincinnati Reds, and part owned the Baltimore Orioles.

Thanks google.

Old 01-16-2017, 07:06 PM
Coaching Staff
Expert or Post Too Much - You Decide :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by estuaryman View Post
Good to see you Kiwi.

I would be all for someone like DeWitt taking over if we stayed here.

OK, so Bill DeWitt bought the Cardinals, along with Stephen and Frederick Brauer, in 1995 from Anheuser Busch.

He has also held shares in the Cincinnati Bengals, was an investor in the Cincinnati Reds, and part owned the Baltimore Orioles.

Thanks google.
Right & they have a history of owning & keeping the team in the city they came from
Old 01-16-2017, 07:11 PM
Coaching Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijet View Post
I was upset when the Cards left Saint Louis for AZ but now it does not mean much to me. If the Jets moved to your home town & kept the Jets name would you not follow them anymore?

Anyway in saint louis the Jets would be less of a distance for you LOL.

Now if the Cards had moved & changed their name that would have been a problem
Old 01-17-2017, 02:16 AM
Second String

Only way it would work is like Carton stated - they buy the players contracts but the franchise name and history stays in NY and becomes an expansion like Cleveland.

No owner in there right mind would buy the Jets and move them. Its the biggest market in the USA, and they own half the stadium just to make things even nicer (not to mention the stadium is new). If you moved this team you would be cutting its value in half from a franchise perspective. You would go from Jet value to Ram value. However, if you do as Carton stated - the Bush family wouldnt be paying for the franchise - just the player contracts. Thus it gets interesting - the down side is if we look to Cleveland - this sort of thing put the Browns out of football for 3 years before the NFL was ready for an expansion draft. Meanwhile the Ravens were playing football. I dont know if I could go 3 years without football. At that rate I would go find a new team. Easy enough since I almost never go to games anymore - cost way too much and HD on Sunday Ticket is way too nice on an 80 inch 4k tv =).
Old 01-17-2017, 08:22 AM
Coaching Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverGreen View Post
Only way it would work is like Carton stated - they buy the players contracts but the franchise name and history stays in NY and becomes an expansion like Cleveland.

No owner in there right mind would buy the Jets and move them. Its the biggest market in the USA, and they own half the stadium just to make things even nicer (not to mention the stadium is new). If you moved this team you would be cutting its value in half from a franchise perspective. You would go from Jet value to Ram value. However, if you do as Carton stated - the Bush family wouldnt be paying for the franchise - just the player contracts. Thus it gets interesting - the down side is if we look to Cleveland - this sort of thing put the Browns out of football for 3 years before the NFL was ready for an expansion draft. Meanwhile the Ravens were playing football. I dont know if I could go 3 years without football. At that rate I would go find a new team. Easy enough since I almost never go to games anymore - cost way too much and HD on Sunday Ticket is way too nice on an 80 inch 4k tv =).
hey there may be another Woody out there
Old 01-18-2017, 12:16 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterscotch View Post
hey there may be another Woody out there
ROFL I dont wish that on anyone....now if it was New England - maybe its a different story =)
Old 01-18-2017, 05:41 PM

Yeah but, I grew up with the ny jets, which is worse the st louis jets or the ny browns, i dont know, to be honest Id rather go to my death supporting a the ny jets then trying to support a hybrid of them both. Realise a city change, an ownership change or even just a name change is no guarentee for success. Sure this is a tough market, 1 winner and 31 losers. But before we complain too much can anyone tell me how many teams in the league have yet to win even one SB, a few. So its a tough gig. But Im no quitter, so will roll with the punches, the bills would swap for our two afc champ appearances in 09/10 lol.