The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 04-25-2016, 04:40 PM
Second String

Default Brady's's suspension upheld

The court of appeals ruled in favor of the NFL and Brady's suspension was upheld. It looks as if he will miss the first 4 games of the season.Good news for the Bills and Dolphins who will face them during that time.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:27 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Good news for the Bills and Dolphins who will face them during that time.
As usual the Jets don't get a break. What else is new?
Old 04-26-2016, 09:51 AM
Third String

Doesn't matter. He will most likely appeal to the full court which is an automatic stay of his suspension. He will most likely be able to play this full season before the full court meets.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:06 AM
Can't Spell "Geno" | Mr Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJJet View Post
Doesn't matter. He will most likely appeal to the full court which is an automatic stay of his suspension. He will most likely be able to play this full season before the full court meets.
All the legal experts claim that Brady's chance of getting an appeal to the appeal is unlikely. I would honestly say I don't have the slightest clue.

If this case ever gets to the Supreme Court I think it will illustrate how ridiculous our legal system really is. What if the Supreme Court with six justices is a draw. What next?

There are people out there trying to have their appeals heard for all types of legitimate reasons, and the courts have the time to waste on Goodell and Brady? This just shows how money talks and something else walks.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:15 AM
Second String

I read somewhere that the Supreme Court are entitled to refuse to hear the case. There is certainly something wrong if Brady is allowed to spin it out until he retires.
Old 04-30-2016, 01:28 PM
Practice Squad

Unfortunately this is a power struggle now between the Union and the Commissioner. Brady is simply the case material. All we can see at this point is:

1) Any judge who has ruled in favor of Brady to date (there are two of those) has done so because the NFL acted unfairly in conducting the investigation and applying the punishment. (Brady and the union have already won that point - the "overturn" did not refute that)

2) Any judge who has ruled in favor of the NFL (there are also two of those) did so on the basis that the CBA allows the commissioner absolute power which is his to use and abuse as a matter of contract. The NFL has already now won that point.

3) Yes. Appeal requests from this point forward are subject to rejection without granting any further appeal. Hopefully further appeal will be rejected, Brady sits the 4 games and we leave the courts to rule on constitutional matters without wasting time on professional athlete suspension matters.

4) The Patriots were 2-2 in the last season they received a Lombardi gift from Pete Carroll so it won't kill them to go 2-2 without Brady in 2016. Enough already.....but sadly, it will not end................
Old 05-01-2016, 05:21 AM
Can't Spell "Geno" | Mr Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalktheWalk View Post
Unfortunately this is a power struggle now between the Union and the Commissioner. Brady is simply the case material. All we can see at this point is:

1) Any judge who has ruled in favor of Brady to date (there are two of those) has done so because the NFL acted unfairly in conducting the investigation and applying the punishment. (Brady and the union have already won that point - the "overturn" did not refute that)

2) Any judge who has ruled in favor of the NFL (there are also two of those) did so on the basis that the CBA allows the commissioner absolute power which is his to use and abuse as a matter of contract. The NFL has already now won that point.

3) Yes. Appeal requests from this point forward are subject to rejection without granting any further appeal. Hopefully further appeal will be rejected, Brady sits the 4 games and we leave the courts to rule on constitutional matters without wasting time on professional athlete suspension matters.

4) The Patriots were 2-2 in the last season they received a Lombardi gift from Pete Carroll so it won't kill them to go 2-2 without Brady in 2016. Enough already.....but sadly, it will not end................
Very well said.

As a Pats fan I would like to see Brady win. However as a bigger fan of our country I would like to see this legal action cease.

I like you wish this story would go away. You and others should count your lucky stars you don't live in New England and have to hear about this all the time.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:35 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by beresford View Post
I read somewhere that the Supreme Court are entitled to refuse to hear the case. There is certainly something wrong if Brady is allowed to spin it out until he retires.
.... and now he's appealing again (though not to me ).

He must be only two years or so from retirement, like I said it would be wrong if he could spin it out until then and thumb his nose at the US Supreme Court. Goodell needs to cover this, perhaps if he DOESN'T serve the suspension he should be liable to a very large fine which can be docked from his NFL pension if needs be.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:01 AM

Quote:
This whole thing was a joke when t started.....now it has just become ridiculous. Both the NFL and Brady are becoming such an embarrassment in regard to this.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:02 AM

Quote:
.... and now he's appealing again (though not to me ).

He must be only two years or so from retirement, like I said it would be wrong if he could spin it out until then and thumb his nose at the US Supreme Court. Goodell needs to cover this, perhaps if he DOESN'T serve the suspension he should be liable to a very large fine which can be docked from his NFL pension if needs be.
Right?? Let's just drag this through the mud......friggin joke