The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 01-24-2016, 03:22 AM
Can't Spell "Geno" | Mr Kazoo

Default Peyton Manning

If my Patriots prevail today, this could be Manning's last game. Peyton may be making one more trip to the super Bowl this year, but I think chances are very good this will be his last season.

Unlike the Kobe Bryant, Ray Lewis, and Derek Jeter, there it appears not to be a Manning farewell tour. I am pretty sure Brady will have a farewell tour. Many Patriot fans despised Manning because the media usually put him ahead of Brady as the better quarterback. Chances are good when both Manning and Brady have left the game, the argument who was better will continue.

I am sort of reminded of the song "The End" a classic by the Doors and the movie "No Country For Old Men" when thinking of Manning's football end. I say "so what if he did HGH" to get back to playing. Here is a guy who is the richest active NFL player who had every reason to retire after his neck injury. But no, it wasn't just about the money, he risked possible life and limb to play the game. Unlike most Pats fans I admire Manning and when it is all said and done, nobody can say he wasn't a fighter. He has always showed class, even in defeat when he got an autograph of Ray Lewis. When he was benched by the Bronco's you didn't hear him wine in public. For all the mountainous glories Manning has achieved there has been devastating defeats in his career. Yet he never quit trying and should be commended.

If this is Peyton's last season, all I can say is goodbye and thanks for the great memories. It won't be the same without you and I will miss you, except for those corny commercials!
Old 01-24-2016, 03:57 AM
Second String

All of the experts on nfl.com are tipping the Patriotzzz in a tight defensive game. I am tipping them in a blowout.

Peyton should have left the team to Osweiler and prepared for his successful career progression as a coach.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:21 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
Many Patriot fans despised Manning because the media usually put him ahead of Brady as the better quarterback. Chances are good when both Manning and Brady have left the game, the argument who was better will continue.
Not sure why Patsies fans would despise Peyton, he is Belichick's be-ach (and yes you can visualise Bill sitting on him sipping a pina colada if you wish).

It's certainly true that Peyton is the smarter quarterback, he studies opponents and makes his offensive linemen and receivers better. He has also played successfully for more than one team. Brady is to some extent the product of Bellichick, and is smart enough to know his place. Now if he had come to the JETS in his later years and won a Superbowl then THAT would be an achievement....
Old 01-24-2016, 08:37 PM
Third String

If it weren't for that missed FG the Pats would have tied it up as that was a very impressive comeback by the Pats in the 4th quarter.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:00 PM
Second String

Red face

Quote:
If my Patriots prevail today, this could be Manning's last game. Peyton may be making one more trip to the super Bowl this year, but I think chances are very good this will be his last season.

Unlike the Kobe Bryant, Ray Lewis, and Derek Jeter, there it appears not to be a Manning farewell tour. I am pretty sure Brady will have a farewell tour. Many Patriot fans despised Manning because the media usually put him ahead of Brady as the better quarterback. Chances are good when both Manning and Brady have left the game, the argument who was better will continue.

I am sort of reminded of the song "The End" a classic by the Doors and the movie "No Country For Old Men" when thinking of Manning's football end. I say "so what if he did HGH" to get back to playing. Here is a guy who is the richest active NFL player who had every reason to retire after his neck injury. But no, it wasn't just about the money, he risked possible life and limb to play the game. Unlike most Pats fans I admire Manning and when it is all said and done, nobody can say he wasn't a fighter. He has always showed class, even in defeat when he got an autograph of Ray Lewis. When he was benched by the Bronco's you didn't hear him wine in public. For all the mountainous glories Manning has achieved there has been devastating defeats in his career. Yet he never quit trying and should be commended.

If this is Peyton's last season, all I can say is goodbye and thanks for the great memories. It won't be the same without you and I will miss you, except for those corny commercials!
First off. I like the commercials. They crack me up.

Let me ask you. If Brady were on the colts/broncos for his career and Peyton was a cheater his entire career, who would have more superbowls? I think that question should be a thread starter. Maybe I'll start one.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:18 AM
Can't Spell "Geno" | Mr Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
First off. I like the commercials. They crack me up.

Let me ask you. If Brady were on the colts/broncos for his career and Peyton was a cheater his entire career, who would have more superbowls? I think that question should be a thread starter. Maybe I'll start one.
As to the commercials, its a free country brother and you have the right to your opinion, even if it is entertainingly challenged.

What amuses me about your question and expected answer is this:

1.) When discussing Brady you claim the only reason he is any good is because of Bill, the so called leader of the cheaters.

2.) When discussing Bill, you claim the only reason he is successful is he's lucky to have Brady.

Unless there are 2 CHs on this forum, both arguments appear to conflict. So you might want to address this in your future post analysis. I'm pretty sure you will have an answer to my question on your question.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:06 AM
Second String

Quote:
As to the commercials, its a free country brother and you have the right to your opinion, even if it is entertainingly challenged.

What amuses me about your question and expected answer is this:

1.) When discussing Brady you claim the only reason he is any good is because of Bill, the so called leader of the cheaters.

2.) When discussing Bill, you claim the only reason he is successful is he's lucky to have Brady.

Unless there are 2 CHs on this forum, both arguments appear to conflict. So you might want to address this in your future post analysis. I'm pretty sure you will have an answer to my question on your question.
Dude.. First off. Its not "Mr. Kazoo". It's " The Great Gazoo"

Have I not spoken clearly all these years? Maybe its because I don't write in a Bawston accent that you don't understand me. No wait, some times I do. When I say "cheatahs". That's bawston for " cheaters.

I have always argued that Brady is what he is because of his offensive line. His entire career excluding this season, he has had more time to throw then any qb I have ever seen. I have always said that "any respectable qb with Brady time to throw would be just as good as brady

As for cheaterchick. I have always argued2 reasons why he wins

1. He cheats
2.when he left the jets, he went to a Parcells built patriot team and he took Parcels coaching staff with him. 1 year later he had 12 former Jet players from Parcells Jet team on the cheatriots to teach the Parcellian way. I argued this point with Naps33 on this sight all the time

After the third Superbowl, that coaching staff broke up and they were told not to cheat anymore. In the 12? Years since then cheatahs have won 12-16 games a year and have only won 1 Superbowl

And coincidentally, the one Superbowl win came in a season when they were caught cheating again.

I have also stated many times that if it weren't for the " tuck rule" call, that started it all, the cheatahs may not have had any superbowls