The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / How do you view this season? (2015)

View Poll Results: How do you rate this season?
A great year ? 2 8.70%
A wasted oportunity? 5 21.74%
A season to build on? 11 47.83%
Same old Jets? 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2016, 07:51 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortLauderdaleExJetsFan View Post
Next year, Jets will look really good in the pre-season, maybe even in the first third or half of season. And then the usual collapse will occur, Doubt they will get this close to playoffs next year, given the increase in the difficulty of their schedule.

I am POSITIVELY convinced the only way the Jets will be in the Super Bowl over the next decade will be if they buy tickets.
you forgot the part where everyone wants to fire the coach and gm
Old 01-03-2016, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beresford View Post
Wasted season. We had to win NOW. Key players are on the decline and next season we have a tough schedule. And we are still in the same division as the Patriots. It should be apparent now that Fitz doesn't have the tools to take us forward but we have made no progress in evaluating Geno. As the best of the losers we will be right at the bottom of the draft.
Sorry, but I have to disagree. What was our record last year? What is it now? Big improvement! I am confident the Pats are on a decline.They lost 3 of their last 5 games. The Eagles beat them while in the dumps. No doubt that Fitz had a bad game, but the last 5 in a row aint bad. We broke several records this season. All in all a good season. How many teams will make the playoffs this season with a much worst record than the Jets 10 wins. Quite a few. Dont forget Geno was the QB last year. Doesnt anybody here see the progress we made?

Last edited by johnjet; 01-04-2016 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:54 PM
Second String

same old Jets/wasted opportunity.

had we won, I think we had the best chance of anyone to keep the cheatahs out of the superbowl

every year no matter what or who I always figure the Jets to be between 6-10 and 10-6 so they were right where I expected

Given the ease of this schedule and the fact that next years will be much harder, I find it hard to believe we will improve next year. add the age of most key players to that
Old 01-03-2016, 11:13 PM
Starters

though no playoffs, we will have attracted upcoming fa's. mac and bowels will retool and we will be in the playoffs...called it!

SK, 2011 & 2014 forum fantasy football CHAMPION!!

82-56
WK 1==6-9~~~WK 5=10-4~~~ WK 9==7-5~~~ WK13
WK 2==6-9~~~WK 6==7-6~~~ WK10=4-10~~~ WK14
WK 3=11-4~~~WK 7=10-3~~~~ WK11~~~~~~ WK15
WK 4=11-3~~~WK 8=10-3~~~~ WK12~~~~~~ WK16
Old 01-03-2016, 11:53 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjet View Post
Dont be too hard on them Tony. Buffalo played their hearts out.
Buffalo played their hearts out with nothing on the line.
The Jets had everything on the line and showed no heart!
Old 01-04-2016, 12:01 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentkillah123 View Post
though no playoffs, we will have attracted upcoming fa's. mac and bowels will retool and we will be in the playoffs...called it!
We have 1.5 mill in cap space for next season , that's with the expected increase, Mac n Bowles will have to really work some magic to keep what we have together. Up and coming FA want to get paid!
Only way we can sign up n coming FAs will be to cut cro, Let Mo walk, get brick & snacks, to agree to a large pay cut. Restructure revis and a few other contracts.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:36 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjet View Post
Sorry, but I have to disagree. What was our record last year? What is it now? Big improvement! I am confident the Pats are on a decline.They lost 3 of their last 5 games. The Eagles beat them while in the dumps. No doubt that Fitz had a bad game, but the last 5 in a row aint bad. We broke several records this season. All in all a god season. How many teams will make the playoffs this season with a much worst record than the Jets 10 wins. Quite a few. Dont forget Geno was the QB last year. Doesnt anybody here see the progress we made?
Yeah I almost broke my records after that game. Fortunately they are CDs so they bounced.

Why would you think the Pats are in decline, they have Belichick and Brady and will just assemble a new set of jobbers around them. The thing about Fitz is that his weakness, lack of an arm, has been exposed. You can almost forgive the late interceptions because with no running game and time expiring it was all on his shoulders. Good record on the back of an easy schedule with some last-minute squeakers in games we should have walked. Revis-Cromartie experiment failed, no progress made on retooling O-line, 'star' DLs getting nearer the time when they will expect to be 'shown the money'.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beresford View Post
Yeah I almost broke my records after that game. Fortunately they are CDs so they bounced.

Why would you think the Pats are in decline, they have Belichick and Brady and will just assemble a new set of jobbers around them. The thing about Fitz is that his weakness, lack of an arm, has been exposed. You can almost forgive the late interceptions because with no running game and time expiring it was all on his shoulders. Good record on the back of an easy schedule with some last-minute squeakers in games we should have walked. Revis-Cromartie experiment failed, no progress made on retooling O-line, 'star' DLs getting nearer the time when they will expect to be 'shown the money'.
Brady will be 39 before the season starts. He has been hurried and sacked frequently. Many plays put him on the ground time after time. In order to keep Brady safe, they need a better OL.I assume this is where the pats will spend a good portion of their funds. Time will tell. Fitz seems to have a ok arm, but last week he was way off on long passes. Yesterday it was the interseptions. May be correctable. As far as last minute squeakers, we lost a few close ones. Had we won one of them we would be in the playoffs.

My view of this season is not too bad considering its Bowels first season. Love Decker and Marshal. Especially Decker as we share the same last name, and I had to get his Jersey. Fitz did better than I imagined he would, Just not yesterday. Revis is still a force to be reconed with, but on a bit of a decline, but still a keeper.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator
Expert or Post Too Much - You Decide :)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jets337

Early success built some lofty expectations. coming in after a 4-12 season, I expected maybe 8 wins. As Revis ages, we realize that Fitzmagic has it's limits, we can see there are plenty of areas to improve upon going forward. I have faith in this particular brain trust to build a winner. My expectations will be higher next year for sure.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:54 AM

A good year that was not very opportunistic at times which cost them the playoffs. Losing to Buffalo twice....Oak and Phil was unacceptable