The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / How do you view this season? (2015)

View Poll Results: How do you rate this season?
A great year ? 2 8.70%
A wasted oportunity? 5 21.74%
A season to build on? 11 47.83%
Same old Jets? 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Second String

Default How do you view this season? (2015)

A great year?
A major disappointment?
Same old Jets?
A wasted opportunity?
Old 01-03-2016, 04:33 PM
Third String

wasted and dissapointment... im not one for "moral victories"... you control your own destiny in week 17 and you show up sleep walking

this one will hurt for a while
Old 01-03-2016, 04:37 PM

Good season. bad loss today.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:38 PM
Waterboy

It was hard to watch. Don't care about next year you have to grab it when it is within reach and they didn't even reach for it today
Old 01-03-2016, 04:44 PM
Second String

Right now I'm conflicted. It was a good year, we improved from last year but could not beat a bad Bills team to make the playoffs. We are getting older and have not seen much from the 2014 draft class to show they are the future, especially in the defensive backfield.
Fitz is not the answer going forward but may be the only option next season.
While we showed major improvement, I am afraid we will take a step or three back next season with a much tougher schedule.
Lots of positives from this season so I am hopeful things get better going forward.
11 wins any other year is likely good enough to make the playoffs and look at the last 11 win team left out!
If we have the same run over the next 7 seasons as they have been on I think we will all be quite happy!
Old 01-03-2016, 04:45 PM
Waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldjetsguy View Post
It was hard to watch. Don't care about next year you have to grab it when it is within reach and they didn't even reach for it today

I completely agree! As usual they choked when the pressure was on. Next year? For what? Another season of the Pats winning the division and us "hoping" for a wild card?

I do believe it's the same old Jets. Look at Pitsburgh? They seized the opportunity. I'm done with this team, no more of my hard earned money will go to the them and now in the process of trying to get out of my season tickets. This season was a failure!!
Old 01-03-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Right now I'm conflicted. It was a good year, we improved from last year but could not beat a bad Bills team to make the playoffs. We are getting older and have not seen much from the 2014 draft class to show they are the future, especially in the defensive backfield.
Fitz is not the answer going forward but may be the only option next season.
While we showed major improvement, I am afraid we will take a step or three back next season with a much tougher schedule.
Lots of positives from this season so I am hopeful things get better going forward.
11 wins any other year is likely good enough to make the playoffs and look at the last 11 win team left out!
If we have the same run over the next 7 seasons as they have been on I think we will all be quite happy!
Dont be too hard on them Tony. Buffalo played their hearts out.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:12 PM
Second String

Wasted season. We had to win NOW. Key players are on the decline and next season we have a tough schedule. And we are still in the same division as the Patriots. It should be apparent now that Fitz doesn't have the tools to take us forward but we have made no progress in evaluating Geno. As the best of the losers we will be right at the bottom of the draft.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:39 PM
Third String

Default Been There.....Seen This Movie a Dozen Times

Next year, Jets will look really good in the pre-season, maybe even in the first third or half of season. And then the usual collapse will occur, Doubt they will get this close to playoffs next year, given the increase in the difficulty of their schedule.

I am POSITIVELY convinced the only way the Jets will be in the Super Bowl over the next decade will be if they buy tickets.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:46 PM
Waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortLauderdaleExJetsFan View Post
Next year, Jets will look really good in the pre-season, maybe even in the first third or half of season. And then the usual collapse will occur, Doubt they will get this close to playoffs next year, given the increase in the difficulty of their schedule.

I am POSITIVELY convinced the only way the Jets will be in the Super Bowl over the next decade will be if they buy tickets.
Couldn't agree with you more!!