The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 03-17-2017, 06:26 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Geno makes sense for the Giants. He will be a fairly cheap backup and has potential. He never had a team around him here and when there were weapons, he didn't get to play. If nothing more, he is a capable back up.
They way I hear it from a Giants fan in my family, yeah we're diversified here in the high country, he will be competing for the back-up to back-up job if he passes the physical, which I think he will.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:19 PM
Second String

Might be good for him. Learn from Eli. He never had a mentor here with the juts and a good coaching staff to work with him. May get a shot some place in a year or two to complete for a starting spot.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:06 PM
Third String

Quote:
Might be good for him. Learn from Eli. He never had a mentor here with the juts and a good coaching staff to work with him. May get a shot some place in a year or two to complete for a starting spot.
Yep, could be.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:00 PM
Third String

Gramoah- AMEN- you are right on point- in my humble opinion
Old 04-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Second String

If I had my druthers we would trade back to #12 or so and take one of the O-line options, who though not blue chip will be gone by the start of the second round.

However I think nobody will trade with us and we will have to eat the #6 pick, in which case the TE Howard might be the best option. Perhaps he would help our QB get the ball out of his hands quickly, and he does have home run potential. It's a long time since we had a TE that the opposition had to plan for. The trouble with drafting defense when you have no offense is that defense runs on emotion and when there is no point in stopping the other team they become lazy and get into bad habits.

I would still want to try to get something for the O line in the second round in order to start the long march back to credibility.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:26 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by beresford View Post
If I had my druthers we would trade back to #12 or so and take one of the O-line options, who though not blue chip will be gone by the start of the second round.

However I think nobody will trade with us and we will have to eat the #6 pick, in which case the TE Howard might be the best option. Perhaps he would help our QB get the ball out of his hands quickly, and he does have home run potential. It's a long time since we had a TE that the opposition had to plan for. The trouble with drafting defense when you have no offense is that defense runs on emotion and when there is no point in stopping the other team they become lazy and get into bad habits.

I would still want to try to get something for the O line in the second round in order to start the long march back to credibility.
And it certainly is along march,
Old 04-11-2017, 08:59 AM

A march we are waiting on, this draft has so much counting on it, not just our immediate future of which there is none, bt on the future of bowles/maccagnan and the sort. I personally hope they can trade down to help fill out the roster and give/leave another year to review the qbs in the mix to decide who will be our qb of the future.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:00 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijet View Post
A march we are waiting on, this draft has so much counting on it, not just our immediate future of which there is none, bt on the future of bowles/maccagnan and the sort. I personally hope they can trade down to help fill out the roster and give/leave another year to review the qbs in the mix to decide who will be our qb of the future.
You nailed it. This team is at least 2 years away from competing and this is a make or break draft for the Front Office and coaching staff.
Trading down is the best thing we can do as this draft is very deep talent wise but short on blue Chip prospects. Garrett is the standalone prospect , after him there are 10-12 players who could be top 5 and alot of depth. We can really fill alot of holes . I don't think we will find a trade partner for the 6 and are likely to stay put and pick there. Hopefully QB is not the pick. Fournett or Howard would make sense and give the fan base the offensive playmaker
That has been called for but Hooker, Adams or Lattimore are more likely to be the pick depending on who falls.
I think we will take a QB but hopefully it will be later in the draft. Maybe Peterman with our compensatory pick.
I think we will be able to get a handle on the QB plan for this season on Thursday night when the schedule is released.
Hopefully we'll get a long look at Hack and a real evaluation of his potential. At least we will know if he has a future or if we have to draft a QB next year. He has to play. Either he plays us out of a shot at a top QB next year, which should mean he is our QB of the future or he plays badly and we have a top pick. Either way it's in the best interest of the Franchise to find out.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:42 PM
Second String

I may have to (happily) eat my words. It is rumored the Brown's are trying to trade up to the 6th spot to draft Trubisky. I didn't think it would be possible to trade out of 6 but hopefully I was wrong.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:44 PM
Third String

Quote:
Hopefully we'll get a long look at Hack and a real evaluation of his potential. At least we will know if he has a future or if we have to draft a QB next year. He has to play. Either he plays us out of a shot at a top QB next year, which should mean he is our QB of the future or he plays badly and we have a top pick. Either way it's in the best interest of the Franchise to find out.
Agreed about Hack but like you say, we need to see more. Which reminds me, what do we do with Petty? Just cut him? Personally I've seen enough and don't see him as our future starter but he might have some trade value as a backup as the situation in the NFL and draft seems pretty dry at the moment.