The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 03-20-2017, 07:43 PM
Third String

Default The new QB is..............

Our New QB is Josh Mcown. He was on the shortlist. Guess he is slated to get 6 Mil on a one year deal.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:16 PM
Third String

Breaking news.....
Bowles names McCown the starter. Says he gives us the best chance to win.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:03 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Breaking news.....
Bowles names McCown the starter. Says he gives us the best chance to win.
As funny as that sounds it might be true..........
Old 03-21-2017, 02:38 AM
Third String

Probably the best of slim pickings currently available. It's only a one year deal so I can live with it and hope he does well.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:06 AM
Second String

guys, if next years draft is the year for qb's , then we have to stink this season. we could have stunk without spending 6mil on this guy. I really don't get it
Old 03-21-2017, 09:42 AM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
guys, if next years draft is the year for qb's , then we have to stink this season. we could have stunk without spending 6mil on this guy. I really don't get it
I would have preferred Geno personally but we'll have to watch him do well with the Giants because that's the way it works for a Jet fan. Didn't you know this by now?
Old 03-21-2017, 11:37 AM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
Probably the best of slim pickings currently available. It's only a one year deal so I can live with it and hope he does well.
Heck, I'll be surprised if he even survives if the "O" line doesn't improve a lot. That's why Geno took the Giants offer. He didn't want to take the chance that he might have to play behind this "O" line again.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:58 AM
Third String

It makes perfect sense... the QB will not matter this year. Geno is a bust...makes poor decisions on the field, and I don't think anyone respects or trusts him. We just need a bridge for 1-2 years to truly see if Petty or Hack can hack it. If not, draft QB next year after we solidify the rest of the team
Old 03-21-2017, 03:20 PM
Third String

I hope......
McCown was brought in to mentor the young guys. If that's the case, I like the signing. If he is named the starter , we wast another year , won't get any idea what Hack has to offer and are going to be right back where we are today. Debating whether we can draft a QB when we may have the future FQB in Hack who has not played in a game.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:51 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
I hope......
McCown was brought in to mentor the young guys. If that's the case, I like the signing. If he is named the starter , we wast another year , won't get any idea what Hack has to offer and are going to be right back where we are today. Debating whether we can draft a QB when we may have the future FQB in Hack who has not played in a game.
I get the impression, based on his salary incentives, that mentoring is to be his primary role, but they could also be allowing for time missed because of injury or being benched for poor performance. He gets $125,000 for each game that he plays at least 50 percent of up to $2 million. He gets another $2 million if we make the playoffs and he played 65 percent of the time. He gets another $1.5 million if they make it to the Super Bowl, again playing 65 percent of the time. He makes $1.5 million if they win with the same playing requirement. I would seem to me that they are uncertain how much time he will spend under center.