The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors
New York Jets Forums / Jets Forum: All Things JETS! / Jets Playbook / Are you happy with the "house cleaning" and why?

View Poll Results: Are you happy with roster changes so far
Heck yes 7 58.33%
Heck no 0 0%
On the fence 1 8.33%
Awaiting what's next 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2017, 01:47 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaterhater View Post
I am happy with anything that works. If this causes us to stink for a few years, so what, we would have stunk anyway.

but for this to work someone needs to be able to evaluate young talent and draft the right players based on that. Do the Jets have that somebody? I sure as heck hope so
Me too.................
Old 03-16-2017, 05:14 PM
Second String

It really had to be done.
We were over the cap and had a roster full of overpaid, under performing veterans.
The Beachum signing was pretty good but I question the contract structure. Low money up front is not Mac's normal procedure and if Beachum doesn't return to his pre injury form, we are on the hook for the 2018 season and dead cap hit in 19.
Also just watching to see where we go from here. We can't really make any big splash with no money but next off season will be telling as to the patience and plan.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:33 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
It really had to be done.
We were over the cap and had a roster full of overpaid, under performing veterans.
The Beachum signing was pretty good but I question the contract structure. Low money up front is not Mac's normal procedure and if Beachum doesn't return to his pre injury form, we are on the hook for the 2018 season and dead cap hit in 19.
Also just watching to see where we go from here. We can't really make any big splash with no money but next off season will be telling as to the patience and plan.
Hey welcome back. Where you been ? I'm OK, just OK, with the Beachum signing, because he didn't look that good after the injury. I am hoping it's just because of that injury and he will get back to where he was before it happened. He's not as big as I would like our left tackle to be but with the injury prone Clady gone and Ijalana as our best replacement for him we certainly needed to fill that spot. I've got my fingers crossed on this one. He seems to have a good attitude and he fits the " younger " profile.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:02 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
Hey welcome back. Where you been ? I'm OK, just OK, with the Beachum signing, because he didn't look that good after the injury. I am hoping it's just because of that injury and he will get back to where he was before it happened. He's not as big as I would like our left tackle to be but with the injury prone Clady gone and Ijalana as our best replacement for him we certainly needed to fill that spot. I've got my fingers crossed on this one. He seems to have a good attitude and he fits the " younger " profile.
I couldn't log in for weeks,and have been a little bit under the weather, I thought I was banned.... Then I remembered that the same thing happened last off season too.
I think Beachum will return to form. It's a slower recovery for lineman . Alot of pressure on the knees. Just wish the contract was easier to escape after one year.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:21 PM
Third String

Quote:
I couldn't log in for weeks,and have been a little bit under the weather, I thought I was banned.... Then I remembered that the same thing happened last off season too.
I think Beachum will return to form. It's a slower recovery for lineman . Alot of pressure on the knees. Just wish the contract was easier to escape after one year.
I had the same problem with the forum pages. I could read but not post and because there were no new post I figured the site was at fault. I contacted everyone I could to try to get the problem resolved and never got a response but it finally did get fixed. I hope you are right about Beachum but even if he heals perfectly I'm still thinking he's a little small to be protecting our new QB Jay Cutler.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:13 PM
Second String

Quote:
I had the same problem with the forum pages. I could read but not post and because there were no new post I figured the site was at fault. I contacted everyone I could to try to get the problem resolved and never got a response but it finally did get fixed. I hope you are right about Beachum but even if he heals perfectly I'm still thinking he's a little small to be protecting our new QB Jay Cutler.
I emailed the site administration too but no reply.
If we sign Cutler,I hope you are right about Beachum and he gets Cutler killed. LOL
Beachum was ranked 5 best LT in the league by PFF prior to his injury so I don't think his size is much of an issue.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:50 AM
Third String

Quote:
I emailed the site administration too but no reply.
If we sign Cutler,I hope you are right about Beachum and he gets Cutler killed. LOL
Beachum was ranked 5 best LT in the league by PFF prior to his injury so I don't think his size is much of an issue.
He did play well last season in spite of his smaller size. I'll give him that but he managed to play well last season before getting injured. Hopefully we will get a really good corner in the draft that he can mentor to replace him when he inevitably goes down.
P.S. I'm just guessing our QB will be Cutler because he and the Jets have been talking and they haven't shown interest in anyone else.

Last edited by Gramoah; 03-17-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:08 PM
Second String

Quote:
He did play well last season in spite of his smaller size. I'll give him that but he managed to play well last season before getting injured. Hopefully we will get a really good corner in the draft that he can mentor to replace him when he inevitably goes down.
P.S. I'm just guessing our QB will be Cutler because he and the Jets have been talking and they haven't shown interest in anyone else.
Beachum is our new LT. You may be confusing him with Claiborne
Our new DB.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:14 PM
Third String

Quote:
Beachum is our new LT. You may be confusing him with Claiborne
Our new DB.
Yep, forget the smaller size part. I'm old and have a hard time keeping up with you youngsters.