The New York Jets HomepageThe Official New York Jets Forums
NYJets2011.com
Sponsors

Sponsors

Old 05-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Third String

It all boils down to one thing: you can't accurately evaluate a QB that doesn't get game time and he won't gain experience any other way. Practice time will give you a hint but it's not the same as an actual game against another team instead of the practice squad. It just isn't the same. We just have to hope that the "O" line can play well enough to keep him from getting hurt. We will never know what we have if we don't give them their shot.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:07 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramoah View Post
We will never know what we have if we don't give them their shot.
Don't worry, Suh will give them their shot.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by beresford View Post
Don't worry, Suh will give them their shot.
Ha Ha, if he doesn't it wont be for lack of trying.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartSanchezScott06 View Post
Next years draft has two very promising prospects in Darnold and Josh Allen. I think both will be very good NFL QBs.

Unfortunately.. the jets will prob go 5-11 or 6-10.. winning meaningless games and picking in the back end of the top 10 again.. just what history says lol
Lmao! You probably called it buddy.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:37 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverGreen View Post
I have a crazy feeling...but I could see Dane Evans becoming our franchise QB. We just signed him undrafted. He is very similar to drew brees - he has a ton of college experience and broke records left and right. Big arm as well. The knock against him is he is 6'1 barely.

Our OC is formerly the Saints WR coach....Not to mention here you got a QB with a chip on his shoulder and all the skills to be a big game player.

My crazy prediction is Dane beats out Petty, Hack, and McCown.
Not to burst your bubble but Danes only chance of making the team is on the practice squad or catastrophic injury to Petty or hack. He is a project at best. He is more of a thrower than a passer and lacks touch.
Has Poor defensive recognition,
is a product of pre-determined reads. Locks on to initial read and struggles in the progression.
Looks to run when he feels pressure or the route concept gets covered up. Not a good trait for an undersized QB
Operated in an offense centered around run/pass options and half field, single defender reads.
Regressed from 2015 to 2016.He also threw 47 picks to 84 TDs
Old 05-17-2017, 12:59 AM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
Not to burst your bubble but Danes only chance of making the team is on the practice squad or catastrophic injury to Petty or hack. He is a project at best. He is more of a thrower than a passer and lacks touch.
Has Poor defensive recognition,
is a product of pre-determined reads. Locks on to initial read and struggles in the progression.
Looks to run when he feels pressure or the route concept gets covered up. Not a good trait for an undersized QB
Operated in an offense centered around run/pass options and half field, single defender reads.
Regressed from 2015 to 2016.He also threw 47 picks to 84 TDs
Hey man....you could substitute in Hack or Petty's name in what you just wrote and it could very well still be valid points now that is some funny stuff =)
Old 05-18-2017, 04:21 PM
Second String

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverGreen View Post
Hey man....you could substitute in Hack or Petty's name in what you just wrote and it could very well still be valid points now that is some funny stuff =)
That's not funny. It's sad
Just when I was gonna quit drinking......
Old 05-18-2017, 07:35 PM
Third String

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFtLaud View Post
That's not funny. It's sad
Just when I was gonna quit drinking......
Now's the time to quit Tony because quite possibly by the end of the fourth game we will all be hitting the bottle again.